Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - Bruins' Patrice Bergeron - UPDATED - GOOD NEWS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Bruins' Patrice Bergeron - UPDATED - GOOD NEWS!

The Boston Bruins' Patrice Bergeron was just "boarded" by a Flyer behind the Bruins net.

He hit the boards face first and his neck sprung back. He fell to the ice as lifeless as I have ever seen. They are just now taking him off the ice on a stretcher, but there is no movement.

Talk about an eerie silence.

Pray for him - this looks as bad as what happened to the Buffalo Bills a few weeks ago. This does not look good at this time.

Watch for the play on TV later.
    Last edited by PatsWin2002; 10-27-2007, 07:14 PM.

I read on HFBoards that there was a little bit of movement in one of his legs while the brawl was going on after the hit.

Haven't seen the hit, someone needs to get it up on YouTube.

Comment

Not good at all....Patty Bergeron is a very good young player and I hope he is ok.

Comment

Some are speculating he may have just been knocked unconscious. It was eerie watching the other players getting involved after the cheap hit with Bergeron laying there lifeless.

No vid links I can find as of yet.

Comment

Scarey stuff

Comment

ESPN has a story on it now:
            http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3082644

The updates continue to roll in here:
            http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...s/bruins_blog/

Comment

October 27, 2007
              Bergeron at Mass. General
              By Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff
              Patrice Bergeron, injured in the first period, is being treated at Massachusetts General Hospital by Dr. Bert Zarins.

According to the Bruins, Bergeron lost consciousness after the hit. No other update was available.

Posted By: fshinzawa | Time: 05:23:55 PM

Comment

Just seen it on ESPN, not good at all, i really hope hes ok.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xAEetam6HQ

Comment

I'm getting Travis Roy flashbacks. Hopefully Bergeron doesn't suffer the same devastating injury.

Comment

October 27, 2007
                      Jones issues statement

From Randy Jones:
                      "Words really can't express the way that I feel right now. I am very apologetic for the hit and what I did. It was not intentional. It is something that I have never done before and it is not part of my character. I am extremely sorry. I hope he does OK and everything works out for him. I wish him nothing but the best in his recovery."

There is no update on Patrice Bergeron's condition.

Comment

Originally posted by PatsWin2002 View Post
                        October 27, 2007
                        Jones issues statement

From Randy Jones:
                        "Words really can't express the way that I feel right now. I am very apologetic for the hit and what I did. It was not intentional. It is something that I have never done before and it is not part of my character. I am extremely sorry. I hope he does OK and everything works out for him. I wish him nothing but the best in his recovery."

There is no update on Patrice Bergeron's condition.
                        It's hard to give a Flyer the benefit of the doubt in light of the recent dirty play from Philadelphia players, but I agree with Jones. I think he was trying to hit a guy along the boards and take him off the puck. He didn't try to hurt Bergeron.

This is not in the same league as Todd Bertuzzi or Marty McSorely.

Comment

Good News!

October 27, 2007
                          Bergeron update
                          Patrice Bergeron has been diagnosed with a concussion and a broken nose.

Initial X-rays and a CT scan have not shown serious injury to his head or neck, and he has full feeling and motion in all extremities.

Comment

!!!

Comment

i saw the hit once and i dont want to see it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X