Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Hockey Thread v2.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • General Hockey Thread v2.0

    We used to have one of these before and it was convenient, IMO.

    Whew. I thought we were gonna tank again. This feels kind of like the end of the last season. Just couldn't get any winning rhythms going. Hopefully this will be the start of one for our boys.

    * I still love to watch Blake hit. Man can he lay em on.

    * The DOUBLE MINOR on Liles was BS. I can understand the whole responsible for your stick deal, so yeah he should have gotten the one, but a double?! Come on.

    * Goalies are like bugs.....and a lot of players are using them as windshields. Will there be a rule change instituted because of it?

    * Was anyone else expecting the Sens to be doing this well?

    * Don't jump off the bridge yet, SoCal....the Pens will win one someday.

  • #2
    PS. Are the Preds for real too? Man, they are coming out of the box with a full head of steam.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mtbrncofn
      We used to have one of these before and it was convenient, IMO.

      Whew. I thought we were gonna tank again. This feels kind of like the end of the last season. Just couldn't get any winning rhythms going. Hopefully this will be the start of one for our boys.

      * I still love to watch Blake hit. Man can he lay em on.

      * The DOUBLE MINOR on Liles was BS. I can understand the whole responsible for your stick deal, so yeah he should have gotten the one, but a double?! Come on.

      * Goalies are like bugs.....and a lot of players are using them as windshields. Will there be a rule change instituted because of it?

      * Was anyone else expecting the Sens to be doing this well?

      * Don't jump off the bridge yet, SoCal....the Pens will win one someday.
      I would have rather been blown out than lose that way. We played probably our best game of the season only to blow it with 2 mins left. At least we got a point out of it. Crosby made some great plays.

      Comment


      • #4
        Forgot all about hockey. Avs doing OK? I heard they lost the core of their team or something. Not going to pretend to really know though.

        Comment


        • #5
          HOLY CRAP!! Alec posted in a hockey thread and it didn't say "Die hockey, die."

          They're struggling a bit. Although I must give kudos to our high scoring defensemen. It's all good, but I don't know if we're sacrificing defense for points at this point.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mtbrncofn
            HOLY CRAP!! Alec posted in a hockey thread and it didn't say "Die hockey, die."

            They're struggling a bit. Although I must give kudos to our high scoring defensemen. It's all good, but I don't know if we're sacrificing defense for points at this point.
            I'm not too worried yet. We always start slow. Our scoring has been impressive thus far. I think we have plenty of firepower with the top guys (sakic, tangs, Hejduk) younger guys (svatos) and defesemen (liles) playing well. Goaltending, however, look like it could be an adventure this year. This is an important homestand. Hopefully tonights game is the start of a winning streak.

            Comment


            • #7
              Aebi is looking a little better, IMO.

              Ossi needs a spanking or something to keep him out of the damn penalty box. Seems like its always him in there.

              One other thing, I'm not so sure I'm wild about the new rules. I don't like the fact that you have to hold your breath every time someone checks someone and wait to see if a penalty is called. Seems like the good hits of the old days are a no no now, and I think that part sucks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Avs WIn!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Patrice Brisebois was absolutely hated by the fans in Montreal. They treated him like we Avs fans treated Martin Skoula. He was the whipping boy, the scapegoat, you name it. Habs fans were happy as clams to see him leave town when the Avs signed him. Now check this out.

                  The Entire Montreal Defense Corps
                  Games: 9
                  Goals: 1
                  Assists: 10
                  Points: 11

                  Patrice Brisebois
                  Games: 9
                  Goals: 5
                  Assists: 2
                  Points: 7

                  Living well is the best revenge.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Did anyone else notice how many times that dunce, McLeod called Brisebois, Bergeron? I swear that guy is a tard of the highest order.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Clockwork Orange
                      Patrice Brisebois was absolutely hated by the fans in Montreal. They treated him like we Avs fans treated Martin Skoula. He was the whipping boy, the scapegoat, you name it. Habs fans were happy as clams to see him leave town when the Avs signed him. Now check this out.

                      The Entire Montreal Defense Corps
                      Games: 9
                      Goals: 1
                      Assists: 10
                      Points: 11

                      Patrice Brisebois
                      Games: 9
                      Goals: 5
                      Assists: 2
                      Points: 7

                      Living well is the best revenge.

                      Revenge is a dish best served cold.....or better yet, on ice.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mtbrncofn
                        Aebi is looking a little better, IMO.

                        Ossi needs a spanking or something to keep him out of the damn penalty box. Seems like its always him in there.

                        One other thing, I'm not so sure I'm wild about the new rules. I don't like the fact that you have to hold your breath every time someone checks someone and wait to see if a penalty is called. Seems like the good hits of the old days are a no no now, and I think that part sucks.



                        I understand exactly how you feel it's like walking on hot coals for the fans, something i have been noticing is with the new rules and the refs trying so hard to enforce the new system, they tend to call stuff that didn't happen. Re:svatos holding penalty on pronger, if you watch it pronger is the one doing the holding and svatos gets called and that lead to the oils first goal BTW.Just a question on your thoughts did you think may charging penalty was legit? the guy had the puck and had just gotten rid of it. Was may finishing his check or did you think it was a penalty?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Clockwork Orange
                          Patrice Brisebois was absolutely hated by the fans in Montreal. They treated him like we Avs fans treated Martin Skoula. He was the whipping boy, the scapegoat, you name it. Habs fans were happy as clams to see him leave town when the Avs signed him. Now check this out.

                          The Entire Montreal Defense Corps
                          Games: 9
                          Goals: 1
                          Assists: 10
                          Points: 11

                          Patrice Brisebois
                          Games: 9
                          Goals: 5
                          Assists: 2
                          Points: 7

                          Living well is the best revenge.
                          Nice work CO, and yes brise is playing his best hockey in a long time and i also echoed that a change of coaches and getting away from the nad fans (who are really tough on player) would make all the difference for him (and it has)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bronx33
                            [/B]

                            I understand exactly how you feel it's like walking on hot coals for the fans, something i have been noticing is with the new rules and the refs trying so hard to enforce the new system, they tend to call stuff that didn't happen. Re:svatos holding penalty on pronger, if you watch it pronger is the one doing the holding and svatos gets called and that lead to the oils first goal BTW.Just a question on your thoughts did you think may charging penalty was legit? the guy had the puck and had just gotten rid of it. Was may finishing his check or did you think it was a penalty?
                            No I didn't think the May charging penalty was legit. There was another player right there and I think him being there and May coming in forced Pronger into him and made it look worse than it was. Finishing the check is now a bad thing anyway.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mtbrncofn
                              Did anyone else notice how many times that dunce, McLeod called Brisebois, Bergeron? I swear that guy is a tard of the highest order.
                              That'd be a good drinking game. Take a shot everytime McLeod gets an Avs players name wrong. I've lost count of how many times he's got Laaksonen & Laperriere mixed up this season. He's also called Brisebois "Turgeon" a few times.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X