Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirk Chokewitski

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dirk Chokewitski

    Why does this guy get as nervous as a whore in church at the end of games?

    Last night, he could have put game away at the end of regulation but blew a free throw (just like in the NBA finals) and missed a wide open jumper to seal the deal for the Mavs. Then, in two overtimes, he only scored 2 points.

    You would expect these kind of performances from some scrub like Greg Buckner, but your MVP candidate? Aren't the great ones suppose to rise to the occasion when the game is on the line, not wilt?

    After a classic choke job like that, Dirk should be removed from all MVP consideration. He gets all his stats when the pressure is off.

  • #2
    Meanwhile, Steve Nash turn in this season's signature game to lock up MVP III.

    http://www.sportsline.com/nba/[email protected]

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
      Why does this guy get as nervous as a whore in church at the end of games?

      Last night, he could have put game away at the end of regulation but blew a free throw (just like in the NBA finals) and missed a wide open jumper to seal the deal for the Mavs. Then, in two overtimes, he only scored 2 points.

      You would expect these kind of performances from some scrub like Greg Buckner, but your MVP candidate? Aren't the great ones suppose to rise to the occasion when the game is on the line, not wilt?

      After a classic choke job like that, Dirk should be removed from all MVP consideration. He gets all his stats when the pressure is off.
      http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=53792

      And you can see why he was left off the list.

      Comment


      • #4
        I wonder how he felt when nash hit that three?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by -Slap- View Post
          Meanwhile, Steve Nash turn in this season's signature game to lock up MVP III.

          http://www.sportsline.com/nba/[email protected]
          10 pts in 50 seconds vs a choked FT

          Comment


          • #6
            Not only Nash hit that big 3...

            But he got Howard to jump in the air, and then nailed all 3 FT's to make it a 2 point game... HUGE!!

            Amare is also a beast, and he isnt ever going to be as athletic as he once was.... SCARY!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
              Not only Nash hit that big 3...

              But he got Howard to jump in the air, and then nailed all 3 FT's to make it a 2 point game... HUGE!!

              Amare is also a beast, and he isnt ever going to be as athletic as he once was.... SCARY!
              Yeah he is, hes a monster on the inside, its scary to think how much better he could be if he would of never been injured.
              Last edited by Los Broncos; 03-15-2007, 03:18 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I still see Dallas winning it all this year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Llama isn't going to be very happy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    All this proves is that they are very evenly matched.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Dirk isn't even the MVP of his own team much less the NBA. Jason Terry is the guy who makes the Mavs go and he alone has to burden the load of stepping up at the end of the games because Dirk is pissing his shorts.

                      Dirk is the modern day Adrian Dantley. All stats, no substance, no championship rings.

                      When it is all said and done, Dirk won't even be a hall of famer. Too many unclutch performances to get serious consideration.
                      Last edited by GonzoLays; 03-15-2007, 03:41 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        These two teams are evenly matched. It seems like a lot of people have kinda written the Suns off as of late. That was a great game last night. Games like that make the offseason a little bit easier. Thanks Dirk.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                          Not only Nash hit that big 3...

                          But he got Howard to jump in the air, and then nailed all 3 FT's to make it a 2 point game... HUGE!!

                          Amare is also a beast, and he isnt ever going to be as athletic as he once was.... SCARY!
                          I don't know, sure he's lost some quickness but Stoudemire is showing a lot more power and toughness than he used to. He's not quite the high riser but I think it could end up making him more of a complete player. I was seeing shades of Karl Malone (minus being a total cock bag) last night when Stoudemire was working inside. He was the authority in the paint on offense for the Suns.

                          Meanwhile Marion did the same on the defensive side, locking Dirk down for two OTs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
                            Dirk isn't even the MVP of his own team much less the NBA. Jason Terry is the guy who makes the Mavs go and he alone has to burden the load of stepping up at the end of the games because Dirk is pissing his shorts.

                            Dirk is the modern day Adrian Dantley. All stats, no substance, no championship rings.

                            When it is all said and done, Dirk won't even be a hall of famer. Too many unclutch performances to get serious consideration.
                            Get out of here with that bull****. Dirk will be in the Hall of Fame. Dirk is still the man to beat in the MVP race. Dirk will still be the one carrying his team in the trophy hunt this postseason. Do you ever think about these things before writing them? Or are you so blind that you'll take ONE game as a representative of the 81 others?

                            And get ready to see your precious Celtics dismantled tomorrow night. I don't care that they're a bad team and that Dallas is the automatic winner, but the Mavs will run through that junk without looking back.

                            Dirk was bad down the stretch last night, admittedly. But anyone taking away his MVP chances after ONE game is an idiot. Look at the full body of work. Hell, look back to the last time these two teams played and Dirk putting it away with just over a second left. Oh, how quick we are to forget.

                            Let's also see that Dirk put up 30/16/6. Nash had 32 and the obviously better run late in the game. Dirk missed a free throw in a REGULAR SEASON game. Had he made that shot, we wouldn't even be talking about this today. Period.

                            Dirk:
                            Floor Time statistics
                            Min Net Pts Off Def Net48 W L Win%
                            94% +63 112.2 85.4 26.8 21 7 75.0%
                            These stats represent how the team performed in clutch situations while the player was on the floor.
                            The Net48 number shows the average +/- net points over a full game.

                            Nash:
                            Floor Time statistics
                            Min Net Pts Off Def Net48 W L Win%
                            85% +50 118.5 100.8 17.7 22 11 66.7%

                            Dirk has been more "clutch" than Nash this season. Stop the bull**** hating after only one game. Afterall, Dirk and Nash were still on their respective teams the last two times these teams met and I seem to recall that Dallas won both of those. And if we really want to take a look back, then we can replay Dirk's 50+ against the Suns in last year's playoffs.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
                              Get out of here with that bull****. Dirk will be in the Hall of Fame. Dirk is still the man to beat in the MVP race. Dirk will still be the one carrying his team in the trophy hunt this postseason. Do you ever think about these things before writing them? Or are you so blind that you'll take ONE game as a representative of the 81 others?

                              And get ready to see your precious Celtics dismantled tomorrow night. I don't care that they're a bad team and that Dallas is the automatic winner, but the Mavs will run through that junk without looking back.

                              Dirk was bad down the stretch last night, admittedly. But anyone taking away his MVP chances after ONE game is an idiot. Look at the full body of work. Hell, look back to the last time these two teams played and Dirk putting it away with just over a second left. Oh, how quick we are to forget.

                              Let's also see that Dirk put up 30/16/6. Nash had 32 and the obviously better run late in the game. Dirk missed a free throw in a REGULAR SEASON game. Had he made that shot, we wouldn't even be talking about this today. Period.

                              Dirk:
                              Floor Time statistics
                              Min Net Pts Off Def Net48 W L Win%
                              94% +63 112.2 85.4 26.8 21 7 75.0%
                              These stats represent how the team performed in clutch situations while the player was on the floor.
                              The Net48 number shows the average +/- net points over a full game.

                              Nash:
                              Floor Time statistics
                              Min Net Pts Off Def Net48 W L Win%
                              85% +50 118.5 100.8 17.7 22 11 66.7%

                              Dirk has been more "clutch" than Nash this season. Stop the bull**** hating after only one game. Afterall, Dirk and Nash were still on their respective teams the last two times these teams met and I seem to recall that Dallas won both of those. And if we really want to take a look back, then we can replay Dirk's 50+ against the Suns in last year's playoffs.

                              Hookline and Sinker.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X