Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - Iverson makes his debut

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Man, they mightve lost, but that was a real fun game. Just imagine what this team can be with melo, JR, Camby, and maybe AI can light a fire under Kenyon's ass next year and get him to play ball. This is gonna be a real fun team to watch for the next at least year and a half.

    Man this is exciting.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
      Iverson has to be watching Boykins and saying to himself, "And they call me selfish."
      Seriously its like Earl the Hurl was threatened by AI. Can't he see that he isn't the future. AI definately was lagging at the end his arms were like rubber. Man he makes plays though.

      Too bad Boykins wasn't included in the trade.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by ApaOps5 View Post
        Seriously its like Earl the Hurl was threatened by AI. Can't he see that he isn't the future. AI definately was lagging at the end his arms were like rubber. Man he makes plays though.
        JR Smith is gonna benefit immensely from Iverson. It was amazing the number of open threes he created for his teammates when he had the ball in his hands tonight. With Carmelo & Iverson drawing double teams, JR is gonna get plenty of open looks.

        Comment


        • #49
          this team will contend for a title this year. AI was a great fit for Denver.

          Comment


          • #50
            That was a really fun game to watch. We lost, but missing Camby and Melo has got to hurt. I felt like we couldn't penetrate their zone we we had to in the fourth quarter and they basically forced us to beat them with shooting which seemed to work since no one could last night. I just can't wait to get everyone back together to see what they can do. It's going to be fun!

            Comment


            • #51
              Can Denver actually afford to keep all those players next year

              Iverson $19m
              Anthony $12.5m
              Martin $13.25m
              Camby $9m
              Smith $2m
              Nene $8.85m
              Boykins $3m
              Najera $5m
              Evans $4.3m
              Kleiza $1m
              Diawara 700k

              That's about $78.5m tied up in 11 players. How will that fit with the cap

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                Can Denver actually afford to keep all those players next year

                Iverson $19m
                Anthony $12.5m
                Martin $13.25m
                Camby $9m
                Smith $2m
                Nene $8.85m
                Boykins $3m
                Najera $5m
                Evans $4.3m
                Kleiza $1m
                Diawara 700k

                That's about $78.5m tied up in 11 players. How will that fit with the cap
                The NBA has a soft cap, unlike the NFL and NHL, so they don't need to fit with a cap. They'll need to pay tax, and looks like Kroenke has decided to do it. And that's great for us fans, it would be a shame if we couldn't land AI because we have an owner who wasn't willing to pay the tax.

                On the other hand, you can expect ticket prices to go up a lot next season...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Wow.

                  Just wow.

                  Numerous times during the game, Iverson would hit players with passes that would catch them so off-guard it would hit them in the face. Hastings' comparison to Larry Bird was right on in that regard. Once AI's teammates get used to expecting the unexpected, this is going to be amazing.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    New parts of AI's game are going to develop. In Philly he had to score, here he is going to pass and play solid D.

                    It is going to really fun to watch him develop and show his complete game.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I think its gonna be funny once we get Melo and JR back, all those people who make the simplistic prediction that there aren't enough b-balls for melo and AI and the whole thing is gonna blow up because both players are too selfish to care about a title are gonna be eating a ton of crow.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Nuggets4 View Post
                        Wow.

                        Just wow.

                        Numerous times during the game, Iverson would hit players with passes that would catch them so off-guard it would hit them in the face. Hastings' comparison to Larry Bird was right on in that regard. Once AI's teammates get used to expecting the unexpected, this is going to be amazing.
                        Iverson can lead the league in assists with the right teammates. All that ballhog bs spouted by the less informed had more to do with playing with one of the worst supporting casts for a superstar in recent NBA history than anything else.

                        I still stand by my prediction: Iverson will average 12 assists per game.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Turf Shaman View Post
                          The NBA has a soft cap, unlike the NFL and NHL, so they don't need to fit with a cap. They'll need to pay tax, and looks like Kroenke has decided to do it. And that's great for us fans, it would be a shame if we couldn't land AI because we have an owner who wasn't willing to pay the tax.

                          On the other hand, you can expect ticket prices to go up a lot next season...
                          And it is ****ing awesome that your owner decided to go into luxury taxland to field a legit winner. Kroenke is A okay in my book. I didn't think he had it in him.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            That's what Kroenke has done since he purchased the Avs, Nuggets & Pepsi Center. Shortly after he acquired them, the Avalanche won the Stanley Cup. He then handed out $114 million worth of contracts to keep the Avs core in tact that summer. It was obvious very early on that he was willing to spend money to win.

                            It's not too surprising that he'd go all out on the Nuggets considering what a big hoops fan he is. He's got a Super Bowl ring from his stake in the St. Louis Rams in 1999 and a Stanley Cup ring from the Avalanche, but there's nothing he wants more than an NBA championship. His moves may work out, they may not, but he's earned a lot of respect from the fans here simply because he's willing to take a shot.

                            He's the anti-Monforts.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
                              Iverson can lead the league in assists with the right teammates. All that ballhog bs spouted by the less informed had more to do with playing with one of the worst supporting casts for a superstar in recent NBA history than anything else.

                              I still stand by my prediction: Iverson will average 12 assists per game.
                              I'm not sure about 12, but damn... JR Smith is going to be playing H-O-R-S-E out there with Melo and AI.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by spdirty View Post
                                I think its gonna be funny once we get Melo and JR back, all those people who make the simplistic prediction that there aren't enough b-balls for melo and AI and the whole thing is gonna blow up because both players are too selfish to care about a title are gonna be eating a ton of crow.
                                Melo and the answer are both laughing about that.

                                Did you see tonight's game against the Celtics? The ball is passed with a little more zip, the lanes got stuffed and the defense stopped sleep walking.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X