Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about Iverson becoming a Denver Nugget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about Iverson becoming a Denver Nugget?

Good?

Bad?

Why?

A.I is a good fit in denver the last time he had great talent around him he took his team to the chip.But then when he was the captain of the usa olympics team he took his team to only a bronze medal.

Comment

I think it is an unbelievable steal for the Nuggets if Carmello and iverson can find a way to play together

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic. Andre Miller was adequate at the point but wasn't the type of PG that could maintain the running game style the Nuggets are striving for this year.

Plus, it will open up some of the one-on-one opportunities for 'Melo with AI and JR on the perimeter. Fewer double teams will generate better passing lanes and more easy scoring opportunities.

In 82-83, Alex and Kiki were 1-2 in scoring. Perhaps that could happen again with 'Melo and AI. They'll each get their points because the Nuggets will be scoring 110+. Plenty of points to go around.

Comment

Not much since I don't care for the NBA these days at all.

Comment

who is Iverson and can he run a sluggo route ?

Comment

Brilliant move by the Nuggets.

1) They become the lead's biggest draw. More TV appearances.

2) Iverson is one of the greatest athletes of our generation. An absolute pleasure to watch on the court.

3) Melo, Iverson and Smith? That is almost criminal.

3) Instant credibility. When you mention teams you do not want to face in the playoffs, the Nuggs automatically top that list. In a seven game series, plays go out the window and straight talent wins. Who can break down their guy better and get to the hoop? Who can knock down the jumper? With two number one options like the Nuggs have, nobody can really stop them because Iverson and Melo can simply breakdown the defender who is guarding them. Nobody needs to setup those guys. They are simply better then the guy across from them (and that goes for about 99% of the league).

It's not fair.

I hate you all.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
                3) Melo, Iverson and Smith? That is almost criminal.
                Who said you had sh*t for brains?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
                  Who said you had sh*t for brains?
                  You dime out anymore Bronco fans lately, snitch?

I can't believe Taco still allows you post on this board.

You cost that guy his job, man. HIS JOB!

Comment

Suns still are better

Comment

I'll tell you one thing, I would MUCH RATHER face Dirk Nowitski and Josh Howard than Iverson and Melo. You can stop Dirk and JHO. You cannot stop Iverson or Melo. The only people that stop Iverson and Melo are Iverson and Melo. You cannot guard those two.

I bet you every Mavs, Suns and Spurs fans ****ted their pants after they heard about this trade.

Comment

Its the NBA so frankly i dont give a rats ass. give me college basketball over the NBA every day of the week and twice on saturdays

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
                          You dime out anymore Bronco fans lately, snitch?
                          I can't believe Taco still allows you post on this board.
                          You cost that guy his job, man. HIS JOB!
                          The resident racist chimes in with his character assessment....Classic!!!

Comment

I damn near fell out of my seat when I first heard this... This is just the type of PG we need for the brand of basketball Karl is trying to put on the floor. Hopefully the critics are silenced about wether AI & Melo get along or not.

Comment

It's a great risk to take for the Nuggets. They were a middle of the road team. A team that could just make the playoffs, only to get run in the first round. If this works in their favor they could be a contender. If they can't get along it could be a disaster. But atleast they made a move that could potentially improve themselves. There is no point in staying in the position that they were in.

Comment

Working...
                              X