Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving on, let the Kevin Garnett watch begin!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moving on, let the Kevin Garnett watch begin!!

    Now that the Iverson situation is settled, it's time to move on to the next superstar in need of a change of scenery, Kevin Garnett.

    Any early stabs at where he'll land?

  • #2
    I am sure he will want to move now since he couldn't get AI on his team. He really wanted him. I am saying it will be Indiana, or Chicago. Those are just stabs in the dark.

    Comment


    • #3
      Da Bulls

      Comment


      • #4
        KG is overrated, IMO. I'm not saying he sucks, but a man of his talent and the players around him, they should be a lot better than they are.

        He has a solid squad right now. Mike James and Ricky Davis both averaged 20pts per game before they landed in Minny.

        They have enough scoring (James, Davis and Garnett), rebounding (KG, Smith, Griffin), shooters (Hudson, Jaric, James), athletes (Foye, Davis, KG, Griffin, Blount) and a lockdown defender (Hassell) to win.

        The guy gets too many excuses for Minny's poor play. He is not a Alpha Dog type of athlete. He defers too much and 82games.com says he is weakest big in the league in the final two minutes (something like a 32% FG average).

        He's a great player, but only as a clear cut number two on a team. He just doesn't have it in him to takeover and demand the ball.

        Comment


        • #5
          But to answer your question, I think the Bulls and the GASP! the Celtics have enough to entice KG out of Minny.

          I would not be heartbroken if we didn't land KG. If we got him, that means we had to give up Jefferson who is 10 years younger than KG.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm not ready to move on....today is all about the Nuggets baby!

            Comment


            • #7
              Uh oh...

              http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6293966

              Big run lifts Lakers to win
              Associated Press

              MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Dwane Casey felt helpless as he watched a 10-point lead disappear in the fourth quarter against the Los Angeles Lakers.

              He knew he had to rest Kevin Garnett and Mike James a little longer before bringing them back in the game, but cringed as the Lakers' second unit dominated Minnesota's reserves.

              What Casey needed was an Answer.

              One day after losing out to Denver in the bidding for Allen Iverson, the Timberwolves were outscored 34-7 in the final period of a 111-94 loss to the Lakers on Wednesday night.

              The fact that Bryant spent the first 8 1/2 minutes of the fourth quarter on the bench made the loss sting even more.

              Vladimir Radmanovic and Maurice Evans combined for 16 points during a 25-2 spurt that erased Minnesota's 87-77 lead to start the final period.

              "I'd love to play my starters for 48 minutes," Casey said. "But they have to rest."

              One night after shooting just 6-of-19 from the floor and fouling out for the first time in more than a year in a loss to Chicago, Bryant scored 24 points on 10-of-17 shooting.

              But it was Radmanovic and Evans who were the difference makers in this one.

              Radmanovic hit two 3-pointers and Evans punctuated the surge against his former team with a dunk that gave the Lakers a 100-91 lead with 4:39 to go.

              "It's one of those games where you look at each other as a coaching staff and say, 'Go figure,"' Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "That your bench would come out and have that productive of a fourth quarter - it's incredulous really."

              Pardon Garnett if he didn't find it very funny.

              He had 22 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists, but in the story of his 12-year career in Minnesota, Garnett couldn't do everything himself.

              After shooting 62 percent and playing nearly flawless offensive basketball through three quarters, the Timberwolves shot just 2-of-19 in the lowest-scoring fourth quarter in franchise history.

              "We went from diving on the floor and being really scrappy in this game to, I looked up and we were down," Garnett said. "It's very frustrating."

              The former MVP openly pined for Iverson after he demanded a trade from Philadelphia. When the deal did not get done, Garnett said he was "a little bit" disappointed.

              "That's pretty much how it goes around here," Garnett said. "I've learned not to put too much belief and hope in things until they're concrete and done. ... It would have been a very, very nice Christmas present."

              Garnett has criticized management in the past for failing to surround him with enough talent to win, and on Wednesday night he turned a questioning eye toward Casey.

              The coach took responsibility for the loss, for being unable to find a way to stop the collapse, and Garnett didn't exactly disagree.

              "We can't keep depending on our coaches to make decisions," Garnett said. "We've got to use our IQs and our basketball knowledge to figure things out and maybe call timeouts and maybe go to a zone."

              Without Iverson, Garnett said he was determined to be aggressive from the start and show more leadership, if that's possible. He hit his first three shots of the game and went toe-to-toe with Bryant for the first three quarters.

              The game began as a duel between two of the best players in the NBA. Garnett and Bryant seemingly traded shots through the first three quarters, with Garnett scoring 21 to Bryant's 23.

              The two All-Stars combined for only three points in the final period, however, while the Lakers' second unit overwhelmed Minnesota's bench players.

              Ricky Davis scored 22 points and Randy Foye added 10 for the Wolves, who couldn't solve Radmanovic and Evans.

              Radmanovic scored 11 of his 17 in the fourth and Evans had 10 of his 15 for the Lakers, who won for just the second time in five games without Lamar Odom.

              Odom, their second-leading scorer and leading rebounder, went down with a sprained ligament in his right knee on Dec. 12. He is expected to miss at least a month.

              Andrew Bynum added nine rebounds and seven points off the Lakers' bench, which outscored its Minnesota counterparts 51-19.

              "They came in and gave us a huge, huge boost," Bryant said. "It was really a great effort."

              Comment


              • #8
                Garnett wont be moved.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Master___Pain View Post
                  Da Bulls
                  Makes too much sense on many levels to not happen. That said, I hope he stays in Minny. If the Wolves get a good enough deal, they'll be a scary team (something like Gordon, Deng and PJ Brown). With Garnett, they're cap strapped and stuck with guys like Mike James (who? And that joke never gets old), Ricky Davis (who's just behind Steven Jackson in the craziness ratings) and Mark Madsen tied in for a while, they're stuck in purgatory.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nuggets4 View Post
                    Makes too much sense on many levels to not happen. That said, I hope he stays in Minny. If the Wolves get a good enough deal, they'll be a scary team (something like Gordon, Deng and PJ Brown). With Garnett, they're cap strapped and stuck with guys like Mike James (who? And that joke never gets old), Ricky Davis (who's just behind Steven Jackson in the craziness ratings) and Mark Madsen tied in for a while, they're stuck in purgatory.
                    The Bulls do not have a chance in hell if Boston wanted him. The Celtics have the ending contracts and better 'potential' players than the Bulls. Ben Gordon and Luel Deng are alright, but they are second scoring option type of players. The Celtics can offer to legit, first option, franchise type guys in Gerald Green and Al Jefferson. Plus, if you consider that Jefferson is 6'10" post player, it makes Boston deal even more enticing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
                      The Bulls do not have a chance in hell if Boston wanted him. The Celtics have the ending contracts and better 'potential' players than the Bulls. Ben Gordon and Luel Deng are alright, but they are second scoring option type of players. The Celtics can offer to legit, first option, franchise type guys in Gerald Green and Al Jefferson. Plus, if you consider that Jefferson is 6'10" post player, it makes Boston deal even more enticing.
                      Deng is a better player than either of those guys.

                      So are Nocioni and Kirk Hinrich.

                      Da Bulls have the best young talent in the NBA.
                      Last edited by epicSocialism4tw; 12-21-2006, 01:35 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by angryllama View Post
                        Deng is a better player than either of those guys.

                        So are Nocioni and Kirk Hinrich.

                        Da Bulls have the best young talent in the NBA.
                        AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

                        Try to find a NBA GM that would take Deng and Gordon over Green and Jefferson. Al Jefferson is averaging 20 pts, 11 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game since he finally got to start. And the kid is only three years removed from high school. You are not going to find many 6'10" big men with his potential and ability in the NBA.

                        Gerald Green (second year out of high school) is third in the NBA in 3 pt % and might be the best dunker in the league at 6'8" tall. Not that dunking predicts success, but it does show his athletic ability and the fact that he has a great jumper means that has the tools to be a great one.

                        I would take those two guys over that midget Gordon and Deng (who is good) any day of the week.

                        You are confusing experience for talent. If Green went to college for three years, and had three years of NBA experience under his belt like Gordon has, I would sure hope he would average more than 16 pts (BG).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
                          AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
                          Try to find a NBA GM that would take Deng and Gordon over Green and Jefferson. Al Jefferson is averaging 20 pts, 11 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game since he finally got to start. And the kid is only three years removedfrom high school. You are not going to find many 6'10" big men with his potential and ability in the NBA.
                          Gerald Green (second year out of high school) is third in the NBA in 3 pt % and might be the best dunker in the league at 6'8" tall. Not that dunking predicts success, but it does show his athletic ability and the fact that he has a great jumper means that has the tools to be a great one.
                          I would take those two guys over that midget Gordon and Deng (who is good) any day of the week.
                          You are confusing experience for talent. If Green went to college for three years, and had three years of NBA experience under his belt like Gordon has, I would sure hope he would average more than 16 pts (BG).
                          Chicago's youths are winners. Nocioni is probably the best of the bunch, Hinrich is an excellent young guard with potential, and Deng is a dynamic multifacited player with a serious competitive streak.

                          There is a difference between putting up numbers on a bad team and fitting into a system with the goal being playoff success. That's the difference between your Celtic youths and Chicago's proven youths. If you are interested in winning, you like Chicago's players. If you like the hopeful nature of having prospects with upside, you probably still like Chicago's players because they have shown more realization of that potential.

                          Gerald Green and Al Jefferson are nice young players, but one would be a fool to trade talent like Chicago has in it's arsenal for either of them. Chicago is on the verge of being a champion because of those players. It would be quite stupid to trade any of them for one of the Celtic kids. Paul Pierce is probably the only player that they would want from Boston, and Ben Gordon is probably the only young player that they would part with to get him.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by angryllama View Post
                            Chicago's youths are winners. Nocioni is probably the best of the bunch, Hinrich is an excellent young guard with potential, and Deng is a dynamic multifacited player with a serious competitive streak.

                            There is a difference between putting up numbers on a bad team and fitting into a system with the goal being playoff success. That's the difference between your Celtic youths and Chicago's proven youths. If you are interested in winning, you like Chicago's players. If you like the hopeful nature of having prospects with upside, you probably still like Chicago's players because they have shown more realization of that potential.

                            Gerald Green and Al Jefferson are nice young players, but one would be a fool to trade talent like Chicago has in it's arsenal for either of them. Chicago is on the verge of being a champion because of those players. It would be quite stupid to trade any of them for one of the Celtic kids. Paul Pierce is probably the only player that they would want from Boston, and Ben Gordon is probably the only young player that they would part with to get him.
                            Chicago is nowhere near being a champion with those guys. Are they a solid team? Yes.

                            Go read a Chicago Bull fans board, the first thing they gripe about is not having a 'go-to scorer'; a player than can take over games and create his own shot. Deng and Gordon do not fit that mold. They are great 2nd to 3rd options to have on a team. And Nocioni? That guy is like 28 years old, so he is not 'youth.'

                            Like I said earlier, you are confusing experience for talent. Gordon and Deng are both, fine young players. Of this there is no doubt. But their upside is incredibly limited -- especially for Gordon. 6'2" shooting guards are not high in demand in this league. On the other hand, a 21 year old 6'10" C/PF like Jefferson is what everybody wants. Those types of guys are hard to come by. Therefore, their value is higher than a power three like Deng who cannot create off the dribble or a small two guard like Gordon.

                            Right now, every single Chicago fan would trade Deng for Jefferson without batting an eye lash; especially since Jefferson blew up this past month. They are savvy enough to understand the difference between Deng and Jefferson. You can replace a Deng easily. Finding a guy like Jefferson is extremely tough.

                            I don't think you would find a Chicago Bulls fan in the world that wouldn't trade Gordon and Deng for Green and Jefferson.
                            Last edited by GonzoLays; 12-21-2006, 05:54 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
                              Right now, every single Chicago fan would trade Deng for Jefferson without batting an eye lash; especially since Jefferson blew up this past month. They are savvy enough to understand the difference between Deng and Jefferson. You can replace a Deng easily. Finding a guy like Jefferson is extremely tough.

                              I don't think you would find a Chicago Bulls fan in the world that wouldn't trade Gordon and Deng for Green and Jefferson.
                              Only a Celtic homer would make that deal. Al Jefferson is nothing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X