15 games for Melo and 10 for JR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 games for Melo and 10 for JR

Just on ESPN News. Nothing for Thomas who ordered the hard foul.

Unprecedented. But then again, it was a lethal punch though. Mardy Collins staggered to the floor like a heavyweight boxer.

15? Damn! The player's union will file a grievance so some of those games might come off.

Comment

So what Carmelo did was worse than Van Exel shoving a referee, Rodman head butting a referee & kicking a cameraman and Vernon Maxwell rushing into the stands to punch a fan? Sure.

This will be appealed and I imagine it'll be reduced. That's just excessive on just about all counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
        So what Carmelo did was worse than Van Exel shoving a referee, Rodman head butting a referee & kicking a cameraman and Vernon Maxwell rushing into the stands to punch a fan? Sure.

This will be appealed and I imagine it'll be reduced. That's just excessive on just about all counts.
        Well things change...

I think the commish felt Maxwell was a bit understandable...as the fan in question apparently was heckling him about the recent death of his infant daughter.

That guy deserved to get clocked.

Comment

This was a result of ESPN and the outher media outlets running the story over and over and over. Even the regular news agencies were saying Black eye for the NBA and horror at the Garden. The commish had no choice but to do it. So much for Melos allstar apperance. I hope to God he never does something like this again.

Comment

But you know who is partially to blame for all this ****? George Karl. If he wasn't trying to defend the 'honor' of Larry Brown, he never would have kept Carmelo, Camby and Smith in the game after the outcome was decided.

What Brown had with Isiah has nothing to do with Karl. Yea, Isiah fired him Larry Brown, but that has nothing to do with George. He let some outside issue effect the way he was coaching and came back in the ass to bite him. Stupidity. Any other game, Carmelo and the rest of the starters would have been on the bench drinking some Gatoraid but George let his emotions get the best of him.

Now isn't his a hoot? Isiah has managed to **** over seasons for both Karl and Brown. I bet you those two guys are freaking steaming right now. Karl tried to get Isiah back for Brown, and Isiah ****ed Karl's season. hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
              But you know who is partially to blame for all this ****? George Karl. If he wasn't trying to defend the 'honor' of Larry Brown, he never would have kept Carmelo, Camby and Smith in the game after the outcome was decided.

What Brown had with Isiah has nothing to do with Karl. Yea, Isiah fired him Larry Brown, but that has nothing to do with George. He let some outside issue effect the way he was coaching and came back in the ass to bite him. Stupidity. Any other game, Carmelo and the rest of the starters would have been on the bench drinking some Gatoraid but George let his emotions get the best of him.

Now isn't his a hoot? Isiah has managed to **** over seasons for both Karl and Brown. I bet you those two guys are freaking steaming right now. Karl tried to get Isiah back for Brown, and Isiah ****ed Karl's season. hahahah
              Oh please, nothing worse than someone who tries to make an excuse for their behavior. So what if they were running up the score? That makes it ok? The only thing unjust is that Robinson didn't get the same amount of games and that Thomas got nothing.

Comment

From Fox Sports:

Melo -- 15
                JR -- 10
                Robinson -- 10
                Collins -- 6
                Jeffries -- 4
                James -- 1
                Nene -- 1

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
                  Oh please, nothing worse than someone who tries to make an excuse for their behavior. So what if they were running up the score? That makes it ok? The only thing unjust is that Robinson didn't get the same amount of games and that Thomas got nothing.
                  That is not the point. I'm not condoning the actions of the Knicks. But Karl put his team in a bad position by leaving the starters out there during the final two minutes in a blowout. Nobody in the NBA does that. Its like an unwritten rule among teams. He was literally asking for trouble and he got it.

This whole mess came about by George thinking about his binky instead of thinking about his team. Karl has been in this game long enough to know you don't pull those kind of stunts during the regular season. Its his fault.

Comment

OT: Denver Thuggets

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2701228

Carmelo got his today, and rightfully so! You don't sucker punch and then run away into the lockeroom like he did.

15 games, 10 for JR.

"I was very disappointed," Stern said. "Clearly, we're not getting through or players in certain circumstances just don't want to be restrained. I would suggest that those players will not have long careers in the NBA."

Wheres Gonzo to defend this? He will probably call me a racist for bringing this up.

Scott and Al at 1 should be interesting on 950

www.950thefan.com

they have live streaming.

When my kid grows up I want him to be just like Carmelo

Comment

That's the point exactly. You just said that this whole fracas was Karl's fault. No it wasn't. It's Carmelo's fault for raising his hand and striking another player. Same for the rest. There's no "if this didn't happen they wouldn't have done that". It's a matter of think before you act. Maybe what Karl did was not the norm but it is in no way the reason for these suspensions.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
                        That's the point exactly. You just said that this whole fracas was Karl's fault. No it wasn't. It's Carmelo's fault for raising his hand and striking another player. Same for the rest. There's no "if this didn't happen they wouldn't have done that". It's a matter of think before you act. Maybe what Karl did was not the norm but it is in no way the reason for these suspensions.
                        Karl setup his own players because of some stupid vendetta his boy Brown had against Isiah Thomas. That's the point.

He is like a parent who leaves piles of drugs around the house and then blames his kid for using it.

Next time, Karl should think about his team before he thinks about his buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
                          Karl setup his own players because of some stupid vendetta his boy Brown had against Isiah Thomas. That's the point.

He is like a parent who leaves piles of drugs around the house and then blames his kid for using it.

Next time, Karl should think about his team before he thinks about his buddy.
                          And next time his team should remember they are men, getting paid very, very well to play a game, and remember to think how immature the other team is when it wants to fight, regardlessof what their coach has done.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf754life View Post
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2701228

Carmelo got his today, and rightfully so! You don't sucker punch and then run away into the lockeroom like he did.

15 games, 10 for JR.

"I was very disappointed," Stern said. "Clearly, we're not getting through or players in certain circumstances just don't want to be restrained. I would suggest that those players will not have long careers in the NBA."

Wheres Gonzo to defend this? He will probably call me a racist for bringing this up.

Scott and Al at 1 should be interesting on 950

www.950thefan.com

they have live streaming.

When my kid grows up I want him to be just like Carmelo
                            Perhaps you could use an existing thread...like the two in the NBA forum?

Comment

I think 10 for Melo would've been enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X