Same old story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same old story

Kenyon Martin out tonight with swelling in his knee.

The Nuggets build a double digit first quarter lead and then watch it fizzle after Earl Boykins enters the game. Put aside the fact that he can't guard anyone (not even Nate Robinson), but he basically brought the offense to a halt with his typical over dribbling and looking for his own shot first.

You would think the novelty of having this pygmy on the court would have worn off by now, but the coaching staff just seems to adore him and can't wait to give him more minutes than he'll ever deserve.

As for your first point, technically it's not the same old story. On my way home from doing some errands with my folks, I was checking on my phone for the Nuggs score. Apparently, the knee that is swollen for K-Mart is his right knee, not his left knee, which was the one that had the microfracture surgery.

Apparently, the worked-on left knee feels great for K-Mart. What's up with this right knee, who knows. It would actually be comical if it wasn't so sad and frustrating.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2654610

Updated: Nov. 8, 2006, 9:41 PM ET
      Martin has MRI on ailing right knee, out vs. Knicks
      Associated Press

DENVER -- Kenyon Martin was sent for an MRI on his swollen right knee Wednesday night, forcing him to miss the Denver Nuggets' game against the New York Knicks.

At the team's shootaround earlier Wednesday, Martin talked about how good his surgically repaired left knee felt and how he was getting back to full strength for the first time since undergoing microfracture surgery more than a year ago. He never mentioned any pain in his right knee.

Martin averaged 9.5 points and 10 rebounds in Denver's first two games.

As for the Knicks, Steve Francis missed the game with a sprained ankle and coach Isiah Thomas declined to say how long he thought his point guard might be out.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Comment

Wow. Just checked the ESPN scoreboard, since I don't have Altitude here in NM.

Did we seriously lose to the Knicks at home? I know we started off slow like this last year, but Jesus.

Comment

And they found a way to lose at home to the Knicks. Somehow this isn't surprising, This team is stuck in the mud and are spinning their wheels.

I don't know what it's gonna take for this front office to realize that they're not going anywhere until they have a couple of players who can shoot (spare me the J.R. Smith talk, he hasn't done squat). They've done next to nothing about that for four years now, even after the players were publically talking about it after last season.

No need for that though, much better to tie up $5 million per season in Reggie Evans, who hasn't got off the bench this season. Just like it was much better to dump Jameer Nelson and Jarrett Jack because we just couldn't have any young up and comers taking minutes away from Boykins. Remember, the coaching staff just loves him!

The Nuggets have been figured out. Teams just sag back into a zone and dare them to shoot, which they can't. They double and triple team Carmelo with the knowledge that no one else is going to be able to beat them. Like I said, same old story. The sad thing is, I don't see them magically improving as the season goes along. They are what they are.

If they're gonna suck this year, at least suck bad enough to be in the Greg Oden sweepstakes. Hell, it's not as if we're that far removed from the days when the annual screwing we got in the lottery was the highlight of the season for we Nuggets fans.

Comment

Originally posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
            As for your first point, technically it's not the same old story.
            Point taken, but technically it is the same story since it's Kenyon Martin sitting on the bench in street clothes.

Carmelo with 37 points, 8 assists and 6 rebounds, yet it's for naught because it came in a loss. That's a damn shame.

Comment

The ****ing Knicks. I didn't see the game, as stated, but Christ. I know we started slow last year... gah.

The real impressive thing about that stat line is the boards and assists. Definitely over his averages in those categories, which is great to see. When he puts together those with the near-40 point effort, we should be untouchable. Pretty sad.

Comment

The beat goes on.

Kenyon Martin needs surgery on his other knee

He'd actually been rebounding well and playing some great defense through the first two games. He says he won't miss the entire season, but with the way things have been going for this team, I'd bet that's how it ends up.

Looking like it's gonna be a long year.

Comment

No need to panic just yet. At least we've a better record than the Mavs.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
                    The beat goes on.

Kenyon Martin needs surgery on his other knee

He'd actually been rebounding well and playing some great defense through the first two games. He says he won't miss the entire season, but with the way things have been going for this team, I'd bet that's how it ends up.

Looking like it's gonna be a long year.
                    Jesus. Like I said earlier, this would almost be comical if it weren't so frustrating. He finally gets healthy and his other knee needs surgery?

Comment

Rought start + THIS team's attitude + the fact that we're cursed = yet another losing season.

Comment

Is Isiah our GM or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Rascal View Post
                          Is Isiah our GM or something?
                          No, the Nuggets managed to lose to the team run by Isiah.

Comment

Hahahaa...I noticed the little Kenyon blip on the ESPN bottomine. I thought, "Man, I bet those guys at the OM are pissed...HA!"

Comment

I want to know what I did in a previous life to deserve being a Nuggets fan in this one. I mean honestly, did I abuse puppies and kittens and taunt orphans?

Comment

Working...
                              X