Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA training camp starts in the three days!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
    Oh no, not thundercat smack. Whatever will I do? Guess all of us can't be a part of bebe's kids like yourself.
    Go play with your Thundercat dolls and leave this thread alone. If you don't like it, there is a baseball thread on the front page that you can go and pseudo-mod.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
      Go play with your Thundercat dolls and leave this thread alone. If you don't like it, there is a baseball thread on the front page that you can go and pseudo-mod.
      Thundercat action figure is on the computer desk, and I think I'll just stay right here in this thread since I have gotten to ya. Besides, since nobody gives a ratsass about the NBA any damn way, this will be the only way to keep this thread alive.

Or we can just all sit back and watch you nut all over yourself about the NBA training camp.

Comment

Big pacers fan here, looks like a tough year ahead.

Comment

And with a wave of the magic wand..............

This thread gets moved to where it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
            And with a wave of the magic wand..............

This thread gets moved to where it should be.
            To the cellar....boooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

NBA training camp starts in the three days!!
              English Cricket season ended last week but I forgot to post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
                Training camp in 3 days and Wade has already been fouled. Go figure.
                Not surprisingly, that sound you can hear in the distance is Dirk clanking more free throws. You kind of have to be quiet and really listen, but you can hear the softing clanking.

Comment

Originally posted by Alec View Post
                  Meanwhile, real basketball (that is, the NCAA) is going to be much more exciting as usual/.
                  At the very least, it will be officiated with a consistent method, and that's enough to get my attention.

I lost so much heart after the rip job the Mavs received last season that I dont think I can stomach much more basketball.

It's been a baaaaad year for ref justice in my sports world. First, the team that beat my Broncos was handed a Superbowl by officials. Secondly, the Mavs/Spurs game 7 was basically a blowout until the whistles came in in the late third quarter. Thirdly, the most blatant discrepancy in the balance of whistles I have ever seen robbed Dirk and the Mavs from the title that they had earned, all for the sake of marketing. Fourthly, my beloved US National team was jobbed in two of their three world cup appearances (Italy and Ghana) in a duboius and underhanded manner after receiving an unjust seed in the tournament. Fifthly and finally (so far), my Sooners were jobbed probably out of the national championship race by the most notorious set of blown calls in recent college football history.

My heart has worn thin for big money sports.

Comment

Originally posted by angryllama View Post
                    At the very least, it will be officiated with a consistent method, and that's enough to get my attention.

I lost so much heart after the rip job the Mavs received last season that I dont think I can stomach much more basketball.

It's been a baaaaad year for ref justice in my sports world. First, the team that beat my Broncos was handed a Superbowl by officials. Secondly, the Mavs/Spurs game 7 was basically a blowout until the whistles came in in the late third quarter. Thirdly, the most blatant discrepancy in the balance of whistles I have ever seen robbed Dirk and the Mavs from the title that they had earned, all for the sake of marketing. Fourthly, my beloved US National team was jobbed in two of their three world cup appearances (Italy and Ghana) in a duboius and underhanded manner after receiving an unjust seed in the tournament. Fifthly and finally (so far), my Sooners were jobbed probably out of the national championship race by the most notorious set of blown calls in recent college football history.

My heart has worn thin for big money sports.

You truly are the dramallama.

Originally posted by dramallama
                    Thirdly, the most blatant discrepancy in the balance of whistles I have ever seen robbed Dirk and the Mavs from the title that they had earned, all for the sake of marketing.
                    I wonder why the NBA let the San Antonio Spurs win three championships? I mean, Tim Duncan is about the most boring athlete in the world, they can't market him. San Antonio plays in one of the smallest media markets in the NBA so that can't be it. Why did they let the Spurs win three of them? I thought it was all about marketing? It doesn't make sense. Maybe the NBA didn't care about marketing during the years the Spurs won it. What do you think?

Comment

Yeah, it was the NBA Marketing Team that led Dirk to miss crucial free throws down the stretch.

Ignorance truly is bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
                        I wonder why the NBA let the San Antonio Spurs win three championships? I mean, Tim Duncan is about the most boring athlete in the world, they can't market him. San Antonio plays in one of the smallest media markets in the NBA so that can't be it. Why did they let the Spurs win three of them? I thought it was all about marketing? It doesn't make sense. Maybe the NBA didn't care about marketing during the years the Spurs won it. What do you think?
                        They must have been in The Finals against smaller markets then themselves and the league just went with them by default.

Oh wait, New York, New Jersey & Detroit were their opponents. So much for that theory. The mystery continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
                          They must have been in The Finals against smaller markets then themselves and the league just went with them by default.
                          Oh wait, New York, New Jersey & Detroit were their opponents. So much for that theory. The mystery continues.
                          [/IMG]

Im sure that the NBA directors meetings about Finals ratings of Pistons/Spurs and Spurs/Nets resulted in alot of contentment.

I think I just got whistled for a foul on Wade.

Comment

...on that note, Wade shot more free throws than any other player in a 6 game series in NBA history. 97, I believe. That's 16.17 per game.

Comment

You can talk about Wade all day, but you keep ignoring the fact that Dirk had a chance to win Game 3 at the line but couldn't. He also had late free throws in Game 5 to win or tie the game as well, if I remember correctly.

If Dirk makes those FT's in game 3, the Mavs are up 3-0 and we're talking about the world champion Mavericks defending their title.

Comment

Working...
                              X