Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - Anyone excited for Team USA Basketball???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Anyone excited for Team USA Basketball???

I'm actually looking forward to us playing. We actually play an exhibition tonight on ESPN2. Unfortunately, news just broke that Amare Stoudemire is being dropped from the team....

I'm not excited about it BUT I do like how they assembled the team. They kept a lot of the cry baby stars of the team and got a lot of workman types. I think this team will have a good chance at winning the Gold despite the lack of stars on it or more like because the lack of stars on it.

Comment

Only if I can't find any fresh paint to stare at

Comment

Name one player that cares that they are playing for the US and isn't there just to add another trophy to their case.

Comment

Originally posted by missingnumber7
          Name one player that cares that they are playing for the US and isn't there just to add another trophy to their case.
          Gilbert Arenas

Comment

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate
            Gilbert Arenas
            That's right. He comes from a long line of Lute Olson UofA badasses! Lute knows how to screw a kids head on real tight.

Comment

Hinrich.. you kidding me.. this kid is all heart.

Comment

I'd also say Battier, Brand, Bowen, Miller, Jamison...

Comment

Just be glad that Football doesn't have international competition. I wonder how many NFL'ers would give of their time to partake in a non-paid competition? They have enought trouble signing autographs after a practice, much less giving months of their time to be patriotic.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak Bronco
                    Hinrich.. you kidding me.. this kid is all heart.
                    Why do you say that?

Comment

By the way, Hinrich is my favorite NBA player, I'm excited they didn't go with the NBA one-on-one player's and went with all-around team players, ala Bruce Bowen, and Battier. Obviously the USA has the best talent around but it doesn't matter with the way the international game is played. USA USA USA!!

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77
                        That's right. He comes from a long line of Lute Olson UofA badasses! Lute knows how to screw a kids head on real tight.
                        Two of the biggest headcases in the NBA come from Zona: Salim and Damon Stoudamire.

Comment

Not excited, but glad that they put the team correctly for once.

Stoudemire must not be 100% yet......

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoLays
                            Why do you say that?
                            I was saying that's why i'm looking forward to the USA Basketball tourney, it's like my dream team, with Hinrich, Lebron, Wade..should be some fireworks from the best draft class in years..and oh ya, BOsh..

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoLays
                              Two of the biggest headcases in the NBA come from Zona: Salim and Damon Stoudamire.
                              Salim is nowhere near "headcase" status - but I'll concede on Damon.

Anyways, UofA / Lute can still claim: Sean Elliot, Loren Woods, Luke Walton, Mike Bibby, Richard Jefferson, Andre Iguodala, Hassan Adams, Jason Terry, yada yada

Comment

Working...
                              X