This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    Just about any of them. He is perfect for Bron. He loves big guys to stay out of the lane and shoot from outside.

Here is one of many
    I was talking about Kuzma when I said that, not Wagner. Follow the thread.

But yes, if you want to compare him to a Kevin Love with no inside game and little rebounding ability, have at.

I'm not Nostradomus, I don't know what kind of player he'll wind up being (he's young, so all this is only a prediction), but I wouldn't bet money that he's gonna be anything special. A role player, second unit guy who can hit jumpshots and not much else. There's room for a guy like that if he hits threes at a high level, but I don't think he'll be much more than that.
    Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 06-22-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
      No they didn't. Lol they said the opposite. Show me a report that said he was a limited athlete and a good shooter.
      They all say he wasn’t strong enough and wasn’t a playmaker. You know, there’s a reason why Kuzma was selected at 27. Lol if they said the opposite he would be a top ten selection, easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24champ View Post
        They all say he wasn’t strong enough and wasn’t a playmaker. You know, there’s a reason why Kuzma was selected at 27. Lol if they said the opposite he would be a top ten selection, easily.
        I often feel like I'm talking to a wall on this site.

He couldn't shoot. That was the main knock on him (along with injuries and age). I never talked about his playmaking ability, in fact, he was a fairly skilled player that was good in transition (though not really on a defensive end), which is why he was a first round pick. You implied that Kuzma was known as a good shooter and a limited athlete, and neither of those are true.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
          I was talking about Kuzma when I said that, not Wagner. Follow the thread.

But yes, if you want to compare him to a Kevin Love with no inside game and little rebounding ability, have at.

I'm not Nostradomus, I don't know what kind of player he'll wind up being (he's young, so all this is only a prediction), but I wouldn't bet money that he's gonna be anything special. A role player, second unit guy who can hit jumpshots and not much else. There's room for a guy like that if he hits threes at a high level, but I don't think he'll be much more than that.
          He'll get better at defense and rebounding as he gains experience. His role will change in the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
            He'll get better at defense and rebounding as he gains experience. His role will change in the NBA.
            Maybe. I just wouldn’t bet on it

Comment

• Originally posted by ZONA View Post
              Damn, Bibby went and got all Vin diesel on everybody. Whenever I drive by that school I think why the heck is he coaching a HS team. Yeah yeah, I know it's the HS he went to, but still, I would think he could be asst coach for Div 1 college.

Gotta love what the Suns did in the draft. Hell yeah baby, getting Ayton and Mikal Bridges both? Seriously? Nice. Both of those guys are instant upgrades and now the Suns can strut out Ayton, Jackson, Booker, Bridges and Chriss. I see it taking half the year to work out the kinks and stuff so looking at 40 wins next year, but thinking 55 wins in 2020 and back into the playoffs.
              Bibby had a NICE NBA career.

Comment

• Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
                Peyton brought talent in. James pushed it out so he can play the lack of talent card. Just wait till Cavs alget the next 6 first over all picks because they have nothing. They will end up with his kid and poof he will be back demanding trades and coaches fired all at the ripe age of 1000.
                Does anyone remember thinking we were going to get Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, and Jeff Saturday for Pennies on the dollar? (Maybe it was Reggie Wayne) That never panned out.

Back to NBA! Looking forward to next few weeks. The NBA is pure entertainment from the conference finals all the way until game 10ish of the regular season. Not sure that that is Adam Silver’s goal but that’s how myself and other guys I BS with about the NBA look at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                  Just about any of them. He is perfect for Bron. He loves big guys to stay out of the lane and shoot from outside.

Here is one of many
                  I highly doubt an NBA team will pick a player based on where a free agent will go.

Even if LeBron goes to LA, i doubt Wagner plays much as a rookie. Stupid comment.

Comment

• Wanted to comment, I'm down with Denver drafting Porter at #14

Redshirt him if you have to.

With a low pick there's no reason to not try and grab a talent like him. Shoot for the stars.

As Denver is shaping up, they will return the same team for 2018-19. Definitely good enough to make the playoffs.

Keep being patient Denver as expiring contracts will be off the books after next season, and/or package them for someone.

Nuggets have a bright future, just stay the course. Please don't do anything stupid as the youth core matures

Comment

• Originally posted by maven View Post
                      Wanted to comment, I'm down with Denver drafting Porter at #14

Redshirt him if you have to.

With a low pick there's no reason to not try and grab a talent like him. Shoot for the stars.

As Denver is shaping up, they will return the same team for 2018-19. Definitely good enough to make the playoffs.

Keep being patient Denver as expiring contracts will be off the books after next season, and/or package them for someone.

Nuggets have a bright future, just stay the course. Please don't do anything stupid as the youth core matures
                      Jarred Vanderbilt in the 2nd was also a high risk/high reward pick who turned into a low risk/high reward guy when he dropped. Had he gone back to Kentucky and got healthy, he is thought to have been a possible lottery pick next year. McDonald's All American, 12th ranked HS player in the country when he came out...super athletic SF, can guard all 5 positions on D, and handle the ball like a guard at 6'9", excellent passer, can penetrate at will, and he may have been the best rebounder in the draft...he just has to spend a year in the D League and work on getting his shot going, and he could be a steal.
                      Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 06-24-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
                        Jarred Vanderbilt in the 2nd was also a high risk/high reward pick who turned into a low risk/high reward guy when he dropped. Had he gone back to Kentucky and got healthy, he is thought to have been a possible lottery pick next year. McDonald's All American, 12th ranked HS player in the country when he came out...super athletic, can guard all 5 positions on D, and handle the ball like a guard, excellent passer, and he may have been the best rebounder in the draft...he just has to spend a year in the D League and work on getting his shot going, and he could be a steal.
                        With the Denver Nuggets just stay the course.

Continue to build and infuse young talent. This will be their recipe for success in the NBA

Comment

• It's time to retire this thread

Comment

• TEST

Comment

Working...
                            X