Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mets have agreed to a trade with the Minnesota Twins to acquire Johan Santana

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Mets have agreed to a trade with the Minnesota Twins to acquire Johan Santana

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3220894

  • #2
    Would've been nice for Boston if he wanted four years....maybe even five. Six is a little much. And I hate giving up prospects and proven young ML talent.

    At least he's not going to the Yanks. I'm personally kind of glad it worked out this way.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well atleast he didn't go to either the sox or the yanks. Can't buy em all boys.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
        Well atleast he didn't go to either the sox or the yanks. Can't buy em all boys.
        You can in baseball.....if you want to. Nothing is stopping you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Good I didn't want to lose either Lester or Ellsbury. While the kids on the farm also have really good potential.

          Comment


          • #6
            Great! He is going to the NL.

            The Metropolitans have some serious stars don't they. Another great signing by Minaya.

            Now, if my Cubbies can just land Burnett, Roberts or Bedard... if he doesn't sign with Seattle.

            Comment


            • #7
              Still have to agree to an extension, but that shouldn't be a hangup.

              Mets need to make a push now. With the Yanks in a decline a move like this will help. Plus the Mets are going to have a new stadium.

              Comment


              • #8
                Big time move. Could finally put us over the hump.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Won't matter. "The Phillies are the team to beat in the NL East"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
                    Won't matter. "The Phillies are the team to beat in the NL East"
                    Yea whateva....

                    Anyway...great trade for the Mets.....


                    To get a top lefty like that without giving up our best position prospect or pitching prospect is huge.....

                    heck we didn't even give up heilman...

                    i'm esctatic over this.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Twins got ripped IMO. Maybe they're after some of those Liriano-type diamonds in the rough again, but they didn't get anything close to the ML talent they would've got from Boston or NY.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
                        To get a top lefty like that without giving up our best position prospect or pitching prospect is huge.......
                        Baseball America disagrees. According to them, those players ranked as the Mets' Nos. 2, 3, 4, and 7 prospects. The Mets succeeded in keeping their top prospect, outfielder Fernando Martinez.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                          Baseball America disagrees. According to them, those players ranked as the Mets' Nos. 2, 3, 4, and 7 prospects. The Mets succeeded in keeping their top prospect, outfielder Fernando Martinez.
                          our top pitching prospect is mike pelfrey......

                          he's not including in their ranking because he saw a little major league action last season....

                          but he's still in the minors....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            choke much?

                            Say what you will but the Mess farm system is completely depleted. They also got rid of their 2 young guns in Milledge and Gomez. It is a good deal for the Mess but they better win it all now, as in right now. This season or next. They sold the future for 2 years.

                            Ahhhh, Johan, meet Mr Met killer, Pat Burrell.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
                              choke much?

                              Say what you will but the Mess farm system is completely depleted. They also got rid of their 2 young guns in Milledge and Gomez. It is a good deal for the Mess but they better win it all now, as in right now. This season or next. They sold the future for 2 years.

                              Ahhhh, Johan, meet Mr Met killer, Pat Burrell.
                              depleted?...lol

                              if you think we sold our future giving up those 4 players then i got a bag of magic beans i wanna sell ya....

                              we have our top prospect....and plenty other prospects to go with him....

                              plus when u get a minute....go check out how many 1st round picks the Mets have coming up....i think you'll be unpleasantly surprised...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X