Rockies Trade Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockies Trade Jennings

Just heard on radio. For Tavares and two young pitchers. Tavares has speed and the hitting streak, but no power at all. A Juan Pierre clone?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2695473

**** the Monforts

Comment

Rockies will battle the midgets for the NL West basement...

Comment

Need a real owner/ownership group. How many businesses have the Monforts (and McMorris) driven into bankruptcy in the past.

Comment

"This trade allows us to add three major league players to the roster as we continue our efforts to build a winner here in Colorado," Rockies general manager Dan O'Dowd said.
          Is this guy for real? Isn´t Jennings the best pitcher the Rockies have ever had?

Comment

Originally posted by Jens1893 View Post
            Is this guy for real? Isn´t Jennings the best pitcher the Rockies have ever had?
            He's for real in the fact that the Rockies made a three for one swap and yet still managed to cut payroll. This isn't a team to them, it's simply a business.

Jennings is just the first of several homegrown players who'll be dealt in the coming years because the Rockies don't want to pay them. The only way they'll stay is if they take less than market value like Francis did.

Garrett Atkins recently rejected a contract offer. Look for him to be next.

Comment

Alright look Jennings is not a top-flight starter in the MLB and you guys got two good if not great pitching prospects and Taveras. Hirsh is an elite pitching prospect and Buchholz is a solid prospect. Plus you got a solid young CF in Taveras. To top it all off Jennings is going to be a Free agent next year. Astros got FLEECED IMO.

Comment

Sweet deal. I greatly dislike the Rockies, and Jennings is a Madres killer. I'm glad they won't have to face him so regularly this year. The only way this would have worked out better is if he would have been sent packing to the AL.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Guy View Post
                  Need a real owner/ownership group. How many businesses have the Monforts (and McMorris) driven into bankruptcy in the past.
                  They're making plenty of money, they're just not willing to spend it on the Rox

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
                    They're making plenty of money, they're just not willing to spend it on the Rox
                    I know that Herc. Just pointing out that they are inept as business managers.

Comment

Originally posted by 24champbailey View Post
                      Alright look Jennings is not a top-flight starter in the MLB and you guys got two good if not great pitching prospects and Taveras. Hirsh is an elite pitching prospect and Buchholz is a solid prospect. Plus you got a solid young CF in Taveras. To top it all off Jennings is going to be a Free agent next year. Astros got FLEECED IMO.
                      You're missing the point.

The Rockies, with all of their "Gen-R" bull****, have trying to sell the fans on the idea that they're building from within. The fans accepted this and have dealt with the bad to mediocre times that have come with it. Now that some of the homegrown talent is blossoming at the major league level, they're peddling them off for more prospects because they don't want to pay them. What do you think will happen if any of these kids they got in this deal turn out to be legit major leaguers? They'll turn around and deal them for more prospects to avoid having to pay them either, thus becoming nothing more than a farm team for the teams who do care about winning while sitting back and collecting fat revenue sharing checks from MLB.

It's a business to the Monforts, nothing more. Winning is not even a consideration to these people, turning a profit is. So long as they can draw 20,000 paid per night and collect welfare from the league, they have no need to put a winning product on the field. They're lining their pockets at the expense of a fanbase who've been plenty patient with them already.

I can't wait to see the spin piece from Tracy Ringolsby in which he tells us how this is such a great deal and how trading Jennings was absolutely necessary.

The Monforts are a ****ing joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Guy View Post
                        I know that Herc. Just pointing out that they are inept as business managers.
                        They are good at grooming talent for other teams though! Just think, in a few years the young talent they got in this trade can be shipped off to the Yankees or Sox and start the cycle all over again. Yay!!

Comment

I guess my Rockies boycott continues

Comment

My dad is pissed and just sent a letter to them to **** off and he will no longer be buying season tickets.

There is absolutely no reason to support this team and spend any $$ on it as it's evident that the owners and management don't.

Comment

The three new players are making about 750,000 combined. Optimist says now they lock up Atkins and bring in another bat. Pessimist says "cheap b**tards"

Didn't catch who it was, but someone on the radio just speculated that this deal will lead to another with Tavares moving on.

Comment

Working...
                              X