OM Hot Stove Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OM Hot Stove Thread

Winter Meetings just started up, and the rumors ARE FLYING! Here's a thread for the big, fat, juicy ones!

A source indicated late Tuesday that Seattle might have interest in sending slugger Richie Sexson to the Giants and reliever Rafael Soriano to the Braves. In return, the Mariners would receive a starting pitcher (Tim Hudson) and a first baseman (Adam LaRoche).

The Braves -- who are shopping for relief help -- would then also receive relief pitcher Armando Benitez from the Giants.

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/NASA...=.jsp&c_id=sea
    Holy **** that'd be an extremely awesome deal for Seattle. It was reported earlier this offseason that Atlanta wants to unload Hudson's contract, and they have a prying need in the pen...so this isn't all smoke and mirrors. SF has been after Sexson since the deadline, too.

A TOR starter and a younger, cheaper 1st baseman? Where do I sign?!?!?

sox signed both julio lugo and jd drew

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShadow View Post
      Were they specifically targeting assholes this winter?

Comment

theo gets so caught up in numbers.
        i hope im wrong about drew but i dont see him as a boston style player. Granted he has great average and OBP so he could fit in perfectly.
        i really dont understand letting gonzalez go and signing lugo

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShadow View Post
          Yea you guys are going OVERBOARD this offseason. I'd say Lugo has a bigger bat than Gonzalez, but at 9 million per?

Comment

i dont know about going overboard. the rotation with schilling,beckett,papelbon,matsuzaka,wakefield,les ter(possibly) and then if clemens decides to pitch for boston as well. this team will be stacked on the mound

Comment

Rumor going around that Seattle dealt Rafael Soriano for HORACIO FREAKING RAMIREZ. That's quite possibly the worst trade of the last decade...

Comment

Lugo's a headcase and a wifebeater. Sadly, I respect him much more than JD Drew, who's making more money than Johnny Damon got from the Yanks.

The Boston media is going to feast on both of those guys. If Renteria had problems adjusting to the fishbowl, I expect Lugo to struggle even worse. Drew will be ripped by fans and media alike and it will roll off his back.

Comment

Rumor on Around The Horn said that Tony Larussa is interested in bringing in B*rry B*nds to play for the Cardinals.

Someone shoot me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
                    Rumor on Around The Horn said that Tony Larussa is interested in bringing in B*rry B*nds to play for the Cardinals.

Someone shoot me, please.
                    Relax...

Cardinals | Team has no interest in Bonds
                    Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:54:45 -0800

MLB.com's Barry Bloom reports St. Louis Cardinals general manager Walt Jocketty said the team has no interest in free agent OF Barry Bonds despite published reports of the Cardinals wanting to talk to him.

Comment

haha Bonds signs with the midgets for 16 million for ONE SEASON. They deserve each other, worst move of the off-season by far.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2690042

Comment

Looks like Andy Pettitte is headed back to the Bronx.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2691380

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
                          Looks like Andy Pettitte is headed back to the Bronx.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2691380
                          If Clemens doesn't come back, look for the Astros to call the Rockies about Jennings.

Comment

If the Rockies are going to continue to play cheap ball then trade Jennings now! Some say he may be worth more at the trading deadline but I don't know about that - I'm not sure Jason will have as good of a year next season as he did this past year. I think his trade value is the greatest now, and if the Rockies can get 1 or 2 good prospects for him (like the Marlins have done trading their aces in recent years) do it!

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, you don't trade Jennings for prospects. You get a guy or guys who can help you right now. I don't trust the Rockies scouting staff enough to choose prospects and even if any of them pan out, they'll eventually peddle them off because they don't want to pay them either.

Another Rockies rumor has them talking to the Angels about a deal that would send Todd Helton to Anaheim for Figgins, Kotchman & Aybar. Word is that this deal likely won't happen because the Rockies aren't willing to pick up as much of Helton's contract as the Angels want them to.

Comment

Working...
                              X