JD Drew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JD Drew

I wish anybody on this message board would have been blessed with JD Drew's God given baseball talent instead of him.

I stopped cheering for the Dodgers over 20 years ago and I have no money riding on this series. I'm simply disgusted by this clown's lack of baseball sense in an important situation in a playoff game.

Anybody else ever seen two guys gunned down at the plate on the same throw before? Eric Byrnes on Baseball Tonight offered up Willie Mays Hayes in Major League, but noted both runners were safe on that play.

This guy is a joke. The constant malingering with injuries and total lack of urgency in his approach are a disgrace to the game of baseball and all competitors everywhere. This bonehead play tonight literally made me sick.

Yea...what happened there exactly? I saw the replay, but I still don't get it. Did he think he could sneak past Lo Duca or something?

Comment

I don't wanna talk about it...haha. REALLY don't want to talk about that play or JD Drew for that matter. Im just looking on to Game two.

Comment

JD Drew might be the dumbest person on earth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2655862

You know, because teams are going to be lining up around the block to pay him more than the $11 million per season he was scheduled to make over the next three years.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork Orange View Post

You know, because teams are going to be lining up around the block to pay him more than the $11 million per season he was scheduled to make over the next three years.
          WHOOOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!!!

SEE YA POS.

Comment

Believe it or not, the market is thin this year and chances are he will make more. While I never liked Scott Boras who is Drew's agent, I don't think he is dumb. Im just glad he is gone and Coletti (Dodgers GM) is pissed.

Originally posted by Coletti
            -"He moved on and we'll move on," he said. "We'll find a player who wants to stay here. Scott broached [the opt-out] and I said if that's what you decide to do ... I'm finished with it.
            http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...2006&fext=.jsp

-General Manager Ned Colletti said he was "surprised" and "disappointed," because Drew said repeatedly last season that he did not plan to exercise his opt-out clause.

"I know J.D. is a spiritual guy and a man of his word," Colletti said. "I guess he changed his word."

-"This decision had nothing to do with the Dodgers," Boras said. "J.D. is happy with the Dodgers. He enjoyed his time with the Dodgers. He would certainly consider returning to the Dodgers."

Said Colletti: "I'm done. He wants out. He can have out."

Source: www.latimes.com

Comment

Originally posted by 24champbailey View Post
              Believe it or not, the market is thin this year and chances are he will make more. While I never liked Scott Boras who is Drew's agent, I don't think he is dumb. Im just glad he is gone and Coletti (Dodgers GM) is pissed.
              It's a sad state of affairs when a Joe Barely Cares like JD Drew can command, and get, more than $11 million. It's sickening that he can pull in that much to begin with.

If the guy played with half the heart & hustle that someone like David Eckstein does, he'd be a Hall of Famer.

Comment

I don't think Boras/Satan would have let him go if he wasn't sure he could get him more.

Also, its just advantageous for a guy like Drew to keep moving every couple years. Teammates and fans get sick of his bull**** pretty quickly, but his skill set always buys him a brief honeymoon in a new location.

Comment

It's a sad state of affairs when a Joe Barely Cares like JD Drew can command, and get, more than $11 million. It's sickening that he can pull in that much to begin with.

If the guy played with half the heart & hustle that someone like David Eckstein does, he'd be a Hall of Famer.
                  Its always been about the money with this guy, when Drew got drafted second overall he wanted 10 million guaranteed or he won't play. He frickin sat out a whole year and re-entered the draft the following year and signed with the Cardinals for a deal that was 7 million guaranteed. This guy is all about the money, I watched alot of Dodger games this year than most and he doesn't give a **** if he strikes out, and then says he loves LA and that he is staying then two months later and reneges on his word. **** the POS.

Comment

Originally posted by -Slap- View Post
                    I don't think Boras/Satan would have let him go if he wasn't sure he could get him more.

Also, its just advantageous for a guy like Drew to keep moving every couple years. Teammates and fans get sick of his bull**** pretty quickly, but his skill set always buys him a brief honeymoon in a new location.
                    I think he is going to San Diego, there is somebody there dumb enough to give him a fat contract. This idiot used to work for the Dodgers...(hint: he inked Drew to a 5 year 55 million dollar contract.) Though he is an assistant GM there, Im sure he will lobby for Drew.

Comment

Originally posted by 24champbailey View Post
                      I think he is going to San Diego, there is somebody there dumb enough to give him a fat contract. This idiot used to work for the Dodgers...(hint: he inked Drew to a 5 year 55 million dollar contract.) Though he is an assistant GM there, Im sure he will lobby for Drew.
                      I dunno. I think the Pads are going hard after Aramis Ramirez.

Comment

Yeah but I don't think they can outbid the Angels or the Dodgers.

Comment

As a Madres fan Aramis Ramirez is a pipe dream. I think they're going to hope Kouzmanoff develops. Either that or they'll go with Branyan. I think Ramirez will either stay with the Cubs, or wind up in Los Angeles of Anaheim.

I think the Madres are more likely to land Carlos Lee, or Soriano than Ramirez.

They better not even consider Drew though. The front office fvcks with us fans enough as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pendejo View Post

They better not even consider Drew though. The front office f***s with us fans enough as it is.
                            Yeah well Depodesta has a hard on for Drew...I think your SOL Pendejo.

Comment

JD, please come to Seattle.

Listen, there's already two or three softies on my team. Trade one of them (Sexson) and replace him with a superior softy, I'm good.

As long as he can put up a nice OBP, draw walks, and play some decent corner OF he'd be a solid fit in the 3-hole, in Seattle.

Now, if he really wants more than 11 mil/year or if he hates the westcoast or whatever...then, I guess no.

Comment

Working...
                              X