Sigs. Do we want them back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigs. Do we want them back?

...and more importantly, will the community police itself. We can leave it to the mods and myself to keep the riske' stuff down to a PG13 level... But the size issues became very annoying. If we adopted a standard for sizing avatars, could we get people to stick to them and help police the board to keep things on the up and up?

I'll be honest, I could do without them because they became a headache. But at the same time, I enjoyed them because they were another method of expression.

What do you think?
    Yes.
    42.05%
    No.
    32.95%
    Don't care either way.
    13.64%
    Have you seen my cat?
    11.36%

The poll is expired.

Just bring back the avatar sigs

Comment

Your board, your decision...but why ask for a headache?

Comment

I say no. Keep the board lean and mean.

Maybe bring back text-only sigs.

Comment

haven't missed them and really never really liked them.

Comment

I liked them. A definate size and space limit should be in place though.

Comment

Boob would just try to bet his 20 times a week.

Comment

Who's with me? Text only? There's been some great quotes and whatnot I could've thrown in mine.

Comment

I miss the Avatar sig also. If you do bring back I would suggest keeping them text only.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod
                    Boob would just try to bet his 20 times a week.

But how many bets would he actually remember

Comment

I for one would love sigs back. At the very least, like somebody mentioned, text only sigs.

Here is the sig policy that another forum I post at has: http://realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=372616

They are strict about their rules, and people generally follow them. I get the feeling that Taco and the mods don't like necesarily having to police people and look like jerks, but I believe that if Taco sets down rules, enforces those rules strictly, people will eventually get used to them and follow them by choice.

Over at the board I linked, nobody even breaks the sig rules anymore, because people know if they do they'll get their sigs taken away. There is no wiggle room, no give or take, they either follow the rules or don't have sigs.

I think if firm rules are put in place and enforced, we'd all be fine. As for content, that is a sticky situation because if you say "nothing inappropriate" you get into the discussion of what is appropriate... But yeah, bring sigs back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob's your Information Minister
                        Who's with me? Text only? There's been some great quotes and whatnot I could've thrown in mine.
                        Ya heres one of your best lines ever.

Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
                        I see the trolls are out.

Comment

I vote no. It would be cool for about a day, but then you'd get sick of seeing them over and over. I don't spend an ungodly amount of time on here to look at people's signatures. I get tired of seeing them on ChiefsPlanet when I go there, and that isn't very often.

I would vote to bring REP back, though. Is there someone I can talk to about that? Is there a committee of some sort?

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual
                            I vote no. It would be cool for about a day, but then you'd get sick of seeing them over and over. I don't spend an ungodly amount of time on here to look at people's signatures. I get tired of seeing them on ChiefsPlanet when I go there, and that isn't very often.

I would vote to bring REP back, though. Is there someone I can talk to about that? Is there a committee of some sort?
                            If your issue is just getting tired of seeing the same images over and over again, I assume there would be a turn off images function, much like there is a turn off avatars function.

But I could be wrong.

Comment

No animated sigs. It slows down the scrolling, even on DSL...

Comment

Working...
                              X