Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have lost another friend - (Rest in peace, Hogan11)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember some great conversations from years back. RIP from Kansas City.

Comment

So here I am on July 27, 2020 at 11:16 4 Minutes into a Movie called "Shot! The Psyco-spiritual Mantra of Rock" and I am thinking to myself "GOD DAMN I HAVE TO TELL RAY ABOUT THIS ****ING GREAT DOC!" only Ray's not here man.

I really cannot believe how much losing a long distance Football Message Board/Facebook Friend who I only met twice in the flesh for a few hours but spent many an hour talking about music and sports, mostly Music, ****ING HURTS! It has been 20 days, actually 19 since the time I found out Ray had passed. I do not know how Sassy is holding up or of his friends like me who would pop into his Facebook sphere/news feed and talk to him. It just really hurts bad to not be able to ask if he had heard of this great documentary and if he saw it before I did and was going to write up something about it maybe on July 10th or 11th and put it up on Facebook for those of us who loved to follow his musical tastes into documentaries. I don't think he got that chance and I for sure did not get the MOTHER ****ING CHANCE TO TELL RAY ABOUT How great this movie "SHOT!" is.

I hope he got to see the above mentioned Documentary about Mick Rock's career as a camera man for bands like David Bowie, Iggy Pop, and one of Ray's favorites Lou Reed before he passed. He would have enjoyed it immensely.

I lost Grandparents and some cousin's but I knew them and could tell them I loved them and take them back to a shared incident in days gone by but with Ray one always expected someone of his age to be there for the long run. It took a good decade or more but I was able to come to peace with my Grandfathers passing by naming my only son after him, Carl. I loved my Grandfather and still do and his passing hurt the most of the passings before Ray. Time does heal some but then WACK, you are right back in it again.

RAY!, Shelly!, Even close long time local friends like Billy Murphy who If we lived nearby out here is the far west suburban burbs of Chicagoland I would love to have started a band with you Billy and Ray but alas not meant to be. So for those who enjoyed Ray's takes on the Faces, Ziggy Startdust Bowie, Mick Ronson, Mark Boland, other Glam bands from the 1970's and on you owe it to yourself to find this movie and watch it knowing that that movement you need is sitting on your shoulder.

Watch and enjoy, maybe if Ray is stuck down here watching his dispirit internet related family struggle through days without him maybe he will stop in time that must stretch out before him for infinity and before he jumps on sunlight, "Riding the Lightning" so to speak, and travels the speed of light to tour our Galaxy and then the rest of the universe popping back into our lives as in this example on July27, 2020 now at 11:45pm and maybe he is on our shoulder watching these great movies he would have loved with us, and maybe those of us stuck on the physical plan cannot see it but maybe he is there and maybe we are bringing him joy too and I hope it brings Joy to Sassy and the rest of his friends who he knew. We fill him up with enough joy to last him a long interstellar voyage but yet not to long that he can't come back and check on us here and there as a rock Angel. Who knows, all I know is miss the guy and never got a chance to tell him he is loved.

Peace out. I got to finish watching the movies before the goofballs kick in which it might be too late for already.. Love you Ray, Love you Sassy! I love all of you. Except for some of the nut job chef fans.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
        So here I am on July 27, 2020 at 11:16 4 Minutes into a Movie called "Shot! The Psyco-spiritual Mantra of Rock" and I am thinking to myself "GOD DAMN I HAVE TO TELL RAY ABOUT THIS ****ING GREAT DOC!" only Ray's not here man.

I really cannot believe how much losing a long distance Football Message Board/Facebook Friend who I only met twice in the flesh for a few hours but spent many an hour talking about music and sports, mostly Music, ****ING HURTS! It has been 20 days, actually 19 since the time I found out Ray had passed. I do not know how Sassy is holding up or of his friends like me who would pop into his Facebook sphere/news feed and talk to him. It just really hurts bad to not be able to ask if he had heard of this great documentary and if he saw it before I did and was going to write up something about it maybe on July 10th or 11th and put it up on Facebook for those of us who loved to follow his musical tastes into documentaries. I don't think he got that chance and I for sure did not get the MOTHER ****ING CHANCE TO TELL RAY ABOUT How great this movie "SHOT!" is.

I hope he got to see the above mentioned Documentary about Mick Rock's career as a camera man for bands like David Bowie, Iggy Pop, and one of Ray's favorites Lou Reed before he passed. He would have enjoyed it immensely.

I lost Grandparents and some cousin's but I knew them and could tell them I loved them and take them back to a shared incident in days gone by but with Ray one always expected someone of his age to be there for the long run. It took a good decade or more but I was able to come to peace with my Grandfathers passing by naming my only son after him, Carl. I loved my Grandfather and still do and his passing hurt the most of the passings before Ray. Time does heal some but then WACK, you are right back in it again.

RAY!, Shelly!, Even close long time local friends like Billy Murphy who If we lived nearby out here is the far west suburban burbs of Chicagoland I would love to have started a band with you Billy and Ray but alas not meant to be. So for those who enjoyed Ray's takes on the Faces, Ziggy Startdust Bowie, Mick Ronson, Mark Boland, other Glam bands from the 1970's and on you owe it to yourself to find this movie and watch it knowing that that movement you need is sitting on your shoulder.

Watch and enjoy, maybe if Ray is stuck down here watching his dispirit internet related family struggle through days without him maybe he will stop in time that must stretch out before him for infinity and before he jumps on sunlight, "Riding the Lightning" so to speak, and travels the speed of light to tour our Galaxy and then the rest of the universe popping back into our lives as in this example on July27, 2020 now at 11:45pm and maybe he is on our shoulder watching these great movies he would have loved with us, and maybe those of us stuck on the physical plan cannot see it but maybe he is there and maybe we are bringing him joy too and I hope it brings Joy to Sassy and the rest of his friends who he knew. We fill him up with enough joy to last him a long interstellar voyage but yet not to long that he can't come back and check on us here and there as a rock Angel. Who knows, all I know is miss the guy and never got a chance to tell him he is loved.

Peace out. I got to finish watching the movies before the goofballs kick in which it might be too late for already.. Love you Ray, Love you Sassy! I love all of you. Except for some of the nut job chef fans.

Steve
        Losing Ray hit me particularly hard as well, Broncosteven -- you're definitely not alone. He and I were supposed to sip many, many more Bud Lights, preferably in the tailgate lot.

Comment

Late to the show and just stunned. Thanks for putting out the word Crawdad. Condolences Sassy. Fair winds and following seas Ray.

Comment

RIP Hogan My condolences to Sassy. Damn this blows

Comment

Just heard this news and can only say that the world is a darker place today.

My deepest sympathies to Sassy and the rest of Hogan's family. He will be truly missed.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdad View Post

I don't think so, he was planning to move after his mother passed. I don't know any details, I just know it's extremely tragic.
                He was? Not to my knowledge. I miss him so much.

Comment

Originally posted by No1BroncoFan View Post
                  Just heard this news and can only say that the world is a darker place today.

My deepest sympathies to Sassy and the rest of Hogan's family. He will be truly missed.
                  Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Good to hear from you.

- Ratboy.
                    Thanks Pezzie.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                      ****ty news. Rest well Hogan. You don't have to hurt anymore. I hope your family and friends find the joy of your life and celebrate it.
                      Hurt anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                        Bummer. He hated Salt Lake City (where I live) and loved western New York (where he lived, and where I served my LDS mission). Whenever something would be mentioned about Buffalo, I would drop a comment about what a dump it was, and then I would wait. Invariably, there would be a comment along the lines of, “Better than that dump you live in!” It would always make me chuckle. (I like Buffalo, by the way.)

As Arkie mentioned, the guy was a walking music encyclopedia.

He could be crotchety and grumpy, but he was good people. The Mane wasn’t as good a place when he and Sassy stopped coming around.

Sad day.
                        Thanks Dom!

Comment

Thanks all...It has been six months since Ray's death. I am still devastated and still wondering what to do with my life now. He was my love, my rock, my life. I haven't and he had not been on this site for a long time but tonight I had the urge to come here for some reason. It is six months to the night...This is where we met online...decided to meet up with a crazy bunch of Bronco fans in Denver and meet up with Meck77 and an orange bronco bus...it was one of our many adventures that we had in the 16 years we were together. We made many great Friends that turned into family thru the years and a few of them are still on this board... We met "officially" in person at DIA and I last saw him at DIA Thank you for all the kind words.

Comment

I still can't find the words to express how I feel ... I know you Sass, and you don't deserve this kind of pain. Too cruel a shock, no reason to anticipate it. It's just too mean, honestly it's more than anybody should have to bear.

Mike and I were talking awhile back - it's not the kind of thing that's gonna get better for me. I feel as bad now as I did six months ago ... didn't realize how much I loved the guy till he wasn't around. And you two! 'Love' is the ONLY word for you guys. I remember a couple times on Facebook, you guys chatting some funny comical "argument," and I'd get drawn in as a kind of mediator. One minute "I don't know about that Sassy," then a couple minutes later, "Hogan, how could you?" I couldn't see you guys, but I felt the smiles like the warmth of the sun.... what you guys had was was so great. I remember one of those chats started with some survey that found the happiest people in America live in North Dakota - well of course he wasn't convinced! I'm actually laughing as I'm typing this.

Sassy this might sound sorta "trite," but I am absolutely certain that anybody would rather have what you guys had even if it was taken away - than never having it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
                              I still can't find the words to express how I feel ... I know you Sass, and you don't deserve this kind of pain. Too cruel a shock, no reason to anticipate it. It's just too mean, honestly it's more than anybody should have to bear.

Mike and I were talking awhile back - it's not the kind of thing that's gonna get better for me. I feel as bad now as I did six months ago ... didn't realize how much I loved the guy till he wasn't around. And you two! 'Love' is the ONLY word for you guys. I remember a couple times on Facebook, you guys chatting some funny comical "argument," and I'd get drawn in as a kind of mediator. One minute "I don't know about that Sassy," then a couple minutes later, "Hogan, how could you?" I couldn't see you guys, but I felt the smiles like the warmth of the sun.... what you guys had was was so great. I remember one of those chats started with some survey that found the happiest people in America live in North Dakota - well of course he wasn't convinced! I'm actually laughing as I'm typing this.

Sassy this might sound sorta "trite," but I am absolutely certain that anybody would rather have what you guys had even if it was taken away - than never having it at all.
                              Thank you! and thanks for the story....if anyone else has anything to share I'd love to hear it!

Comment

Very sad. Didn't know him. Condolences.

Comment

Working...
                                X