No announcement yet.

Official 2015 Orange Mane Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging rugby? Should have discussed trades prior to being on clock so we arent held hostage again

Comment

• You never know, Scherff visited with the Jags a couple times. They might want depth and protect their investment in Bortles. I see the other side too, drafting a stud D player would be obvious.

Edit: also should be noted that Scherff can play guard as well as tackle.
      Last edited by 24champ; 03-15-2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• MUG, I'm not sure why you are so upset about the pick. The system worked as intended, ie if you don't take the game seriously you WILL get ****ed over.

In the rules, it was made quite clear that if people weren't going to take it seriously the pinch drafter was going to immediately pick for them and in a sense it is a punishment because the pinch drafter could (and in this case DID) **** the team over.

So I like this method because it incentivize a people to take the game seriously other wise there will be a very real penalty.

The Scherff pick should stick, because the rules set forth are the rules. JMO
        Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-15-2015, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24champ View Post
          You never know, Scherff visited with the Jags a couple times. They might want depth and protect their investment in Bortles. I see the other side too, drafting a stud D player would be obvious.

Edit: also should be noted that Scherff can play guard as well as tackle.
          Maybe if ColoradoBuff shows up before Rugbythug picks, he can amend it.

The only thing I hate more than having someone miss their pick and holding us all up is having to pinch draft for someone in the 1st Round. Let alone the #3 Overall selection. That's mind-boggling to me that someone missed that pick, especially when they've been on the clock for a week.

And the only thing I hate more than both of those combined is if the pinch drafter clearly didn't pay attention to Free Agency.

Yes, the Jags needed a RT in the worst way. This WAS true. They decided to go with Jermey Parnell, 5 Years and 32 Million.

The entire REASON we waited to start the draft was to allow for Free Agency to being, so we could see where the big ticket starters were going, so THIS draft could have a semblance of realism.

The entire point of our start date was just erased because the pinch drafter didn't pay attention to Free Agency.

We might as well have started 3 months ago and said **** it to being realistic.

Clearly, I'm irate.

I want that pick erased. I want that pinch drafter gone from this game.

At this point, I can replace ColoradoBuff with someone that gives a damn to run the Jags, they can make the pick, and we can move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
            MUG, I'm not sure why you are so upset about the pick. The system worked as intended, ie if you don't take the game seriously you WILL get ****ed over.

In the rules, it was made quite clear that if people weren't going to take it seriously the pinch drafter was going to immediately pick for them and in a sense it is a punishment because the pinch drafter could (and in this case DID) **** the team over.

So I like this method because it incentivize a people to take the game seriously other wise there will be a very real penalty.

The Scherff pick should stick, because the rules set forth are the rules. JMO

The game is based on realistic drafting. Not this stupid bull****.

I can get us a pinch drafter that knows their crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCMElway View Post
              Reminder: Folks, we have about a week and a half less time to complete the draft this year. PLEASE get your picks made in a timely fashion as we do not have the wiggle room we have had in years past.

Please make trade talks before your selection, watch to see when you may be on the clock, and send PMs with a priority list to bowlen, MUG, and myself if you would like us to get your pick in quickly. WE DO NOT OPEN PRIORITY LISTS UNTIL YOU ARE OTC, so you don't have to worry about your pick getting heisted.

Also, if you would like, I can send you a text when you are OTC. Just PM your cell number and I can make that happen.

OK, we are about to kick this b**** into warp speed!!
              Good point. I'm hoping we can knock out 3-4 picks today at least.

Comment

• I admitt he Scherff pick was shocking. I'm cool with whatever you guys decide with that pick. But it looks like Jags definitely need a new GM

Comment

• No pressure guys but it's my birthday tomorrow, and if I don't get to make a pick on my birthday, I'll be pretty sad.

Comment

• Woah.....Fowler to Oakland. I thought they'd go WR there.

Thanks for making that pick pretty fast, rugbythug.

I'm gonna update JCMs big board to reflect the selection.

Rugbythug, per the rules please put in the time you made the pick in your post.

Comment

Woah.....Fowler to Oakland. I thought they'd go WR there.

I like Fowler there. Their DE's are fairly weak. If he plans on playing him there.

Comment

Woah.....Fowler to Oakland. I thought they'd go WR there.

As a GM one of my rules is no WR that High. While it is for sure our biggest need, the impact on the game that each WR has is not enough to get me to take one at 4. I feel that Fowler will make our team better than any of the WR would. Even though on paper our needs for a WR is greater.

Comment

• Total curveball, thought WR as well for Oakland.

Top ten is starting to look very different than what I projected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
                            I admitt he Scherff pick was shocking. I'm cool with whatever you guys decide with that pick. But it looks like Jags definitely need a new GM
                            The issue here is that ColoradoBuff has been a pretty good GM the last few years. He does have a history of missing late round picks occasionally, but overall, I feel he's pretty solid. He usually drafts intelligently for the Jags.

I'm frustrated with him, but we don't know, maybe he had a heart attack or some tragedy happened. I don't want to wish him Ebola AIDS just yet.

That being said, that's why we have a pinch drafter, to at least keep the game running and the teams picking somewhat intelligently. The problem here is that the pinch drafter did not select somewhat intelligently. And if he can't do so with the 3rd Overall pick, it's clear, the pinch drafter made a poor decision.

My issue is with that person and not investigating the Jags' Free Agency.

I'd rather just leave ColoradoBuff on the clock until he shows up. The 12 hours is up, Rugbythug can pick, and so on and so on. Once Buff shows up, he can pick. If it becomes obvious he isn't coming back, we replace him. Having teams jump him while he sits on the clock can be punishment enough, and there is precedent with that in real life.

The worst thing we can do for this game is have an uneducated pinch drafter. At least, in the early rounds of the draft. The later rounds, the damage is less, though still prefer
                            Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 03-15-2015, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rugbythug View Post
                              As a GM one of my rules is no WR that High. While it is for sure our biggest need, the impact on the game that each WR has is not enough to get me to take one at 4. I feel that Fowler will make our team better than any of the WR would. Even though on paper our needs for a WR is greater.
                              Oak already has Mack, not sure Fowler was needed but makes the D more dynamic. Perhaps JDR goes for a younger version of Ware/Von combo.

Comment

• Fowler can play 43 DE. He might be the only one for sure out of the top DE guys that can do so.

Pick makes a ton of sense. In my mocks, I struggle going with Fowler or Cooper. I usually have Jacksonville taking Shane Ray, so Fowler is always there. Jags could easily take Fowler though, and if they do, it would be curious to see what the Raiders do in RL. They need a DE, but they need a true DE, not a SAM. Not sure Beasley, Ray, or Gregory can give that. Maybe Beasley.

Comment

Working...
                                X