Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which position has the most players drafted Round 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ludo21
    replied
    Pretty even across the board.

Crazy the disparity this year.

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    It's a four way tie and almost a six way tie.

WR - 5
    OL - 5
    DL - 5
    CB - 5
    LB - 4
    S - 4
    QB - 3

Leave a comment:

• HILife
    replied
    i'm thinking OL.

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    I voted WR but should've voted OL. WR will have more drafted than any single position but one less than OT/OG combined.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoMan4ever
    replied
    I can see as many as 6 QBs taken in the 1st.

Bortles, Bridgwater, Manziel, Carr are for sure going in the 1st. But I think that 5th year option on a rookie deal will push 2 or maybe even all 3 of McCarron, Garropolo and Savage into the 1st.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
    I have a pretty strong feeling we trade up for Dennard. I haven't had this strong of a feeling since the Tebow pick.
    I would love that. Landing Gilbert,Dennard or Fuller in the first would be great.

Leave a comment:

• DBroncos4life
    replied
    Originally posted by Requiem View Post
    That is probably what we will do -- and it will suck.

I'd rather take Lamarcus Joyner or Jimmie Ward over any CB that will probably be left at 31.
    I have a pretty strong feeling we trade up for Dennard. I haven't had this strong of a feeling since the Tebow pick.

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    In my opinion both Gaines and Baptiste (pro day 40 was fast) have first round measurables. Depending on how the run on the cornerbacks goes in the first round you might need to take either of them late in first because they probably wont be there in the 2nd if tou are drafting late. That could be a bad thing for cornerback starved teams.
    That is probably what we will do -- and it will suck.

I'd rather take Lamarcus Joyner or Jimmie Ward over any CB that will probably be left at 31.

Leave a comment:

• DBroncos4life
    replied
    FyI Shaun King has been mocking Baptiste in the first round for awhile now. To either Denver and Seattle. Pete Prisco has him going to San Fran round one as well.
    Last edited by DBroncos4life; 05-07-2014, 12:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DBroncos4life
    replied
    Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
    A little of both goes on I imagine.

The first round is always interesting for this though because we always get it wrong because of our thought of a players "value".
    In my opinion both Gaines and Baptiste (pro day 40 was fast) have first round measurables. Depending on how the run on the cornerbacks goes in the first round you might need to take either of them late in first because they probably wont be there in the 2nd if tou are drafting late. That could be a bad thing for cornerback starved teams.

Leave a comment:

• driver
    replied
    I went LB just to be contrary. Since the op didn't specify OLB or ILB there is a chance.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Getting a player that you want is always better then not getting that player. I'm not sure why fans think they decide the "value" of the players.
    Has nothing to do with fans. Most draftniks follow the process enough to know where players are slotted according to value.
    When you have a entire panel going "whoa, I didn't expect that." It almost never ends well.
    You do not draft Christian Ponder #12 overall because you fear another team will take him if you don't.

When you make a pick that is in the top 2 rounds the reaction should never be a WTF or that was too early.
    Not to mention the Broncos under both Shanahan and McDaniels had issues with overdrafting guys and it pretty much never worked out.

Leave a comment:

• ludo21
    replied
    Getting a player that you want is always better then not getting that player. I'm not sure why fans think they decide the "value" of the players.
    A little of both goes on I imagine.

The first round is always interesting for this though because we always get it wrong because of our thought of a players "value".

Leave a comment:

• phibacka31
    replied
    Good post. Teams value different players for their team

Leave a comment:

• DBroncos4life
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X