Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which position has the most players drafted Round 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which position has the most players drafted Round 1?

Poll forthcoming...

no RB just seems wrong, but that is the day we are in now.
    QB
    12.50%
    WR
    31.25%
    OL
    31.25%
    DL
    6.25%
    LB
    0.00%
    CB
    18.75%
    S
    0.00%

I went OL but barely edging WR/CB

Matthews, Robinson, Lewan, Martin, Bitonio, Filo, maybe Moses

Comment

WR followed by OL and CB

Comment

How about a surprise 3 way tie with WR, OL, and QB.

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
          How about a surprise 3 way tie with WR, OL, and QB.
          I could easily see a run on at least 5 of each taken.

Bortles, Bridgwater, Manziel, Carr, Garappolo/Mccaron

Evans, Watkins, Beckham, Robinson/Lattimer, Benjamin

Matthews, Robinson, Martin, Filo, Bitonio

just depends on how "scared" the GM's get with waiting around and that 5 th year option is exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
            I could easily see a run on at least 5 of each taken.

Bortles, Bridgwater, Manziel, Carr, Garappolo/Mccaron

Evans, Watkins, Beckham, Robinson/Lattimer, Benjamin

Matthews, Robinson, Martin, Filo, Bitonio

just depends on how "scared" the GM's get with waiting around and that 5 th year option is exciting.
            I think Jordan Mathews has a good chance at going in the first round as well for WRs. Cornerbacks could see a run of Gilbert, Dennard, Verrett, Roby, and Fuller. I think Baptiste and Gaines could sneak in there as surprise picks.

Comment

SJB should not go in the first, he may very well do so but he should not.
              Gaines has a chance to as well but the draft value is terrible, SJB would be even worse.

But we have seen time and time again that a team falls in love with a guy and takes him where they know they can get him rather than waiting.

I have said it many times before and I will keep saying it.
              I fully expect 3-4 WTF Christian Ponder type reaches in the first.
              I think one is a QB, the other a WR and one a OL.

Comment

Getting a player that you want is always better then not getting that player. I'm not sure why fans think they decide the "value" of the players.

Comment

Getting a player that you want is always better then not getting that player. I'm not sure why fans think they decide the "value" of the players.
                  Good post. Teams value different players for their team

Comment

A little of both goes on I imagine.

The first round is always interesting for this though because we always get it wrong because of our thought of a players "value".

Comment

Has nothing to do with fans. Most draftniks follow the process enough to know where players are slotted according to value.
                      When you have a entire panel going "whoa, I didn't expect that." It almost never ends well.
                      You do not draft Christian Ponder #12 overall because you fear another team will take him if you don't.

When you make a pick that is in the top 2 rounds the reaction should never be a WTF or that was too early.
                      Not to mention the Broncos under both Shanahan and McDaniels had issues with overdrafting guys and it pretty much never worked out.

Comment

I went LB just to be contrary. Since the op didn't specify OLB or ILB there is a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                          A little of both goes on I imagine.

The first round is always interesting for this though because we always get it wrong because of our thought of a players "value".
                          In my opinion both Gaines and Baptiste (pro day 40 was fast) have first round measurables. Depending on how the run on the cornerbacks goes in the first round you might need to take either of them late in first because they probably wont be there in the 2nd if tou are drafting late. That could be a bad thing for cornerback starved teams.

Comment

FyI Shaun King has been mocking Baptiste in the first round for awhile now. To either Denver and Seattle. Pete Prisco has him going to San Fran round one as well.
                            Last edited by DBroncos4life; 05-07-2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

In my opinion both Gaines and Baptiste (pro day 40 was fast) have first round measurables. Depending on how the run on the cornerbacks goes in the first round you might need to take either of them late in first because they probably wont be there in the 2nd if tou are drafting late. That could be a bad thing for cornerback starved teams.
                              That is probably what we will do -- and it will suck.

I'd rather take Lamarcus Joyner or Jimmie Ward over any CB that will probably be left at 31.

Comment

Working...
                              X