10 failed drug tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 failed drug tests

Mettenberger and Jernigan were the biggest names among those in the Fox report. Fox didn't have a complete list, but said LSU defensive tackle Anthony Johnson, Henderson and Florida State linebackers Telvin Smith and Christian Jones also failed drug tests. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/n...000601692.html

It really depends on how they "failed" though.
    We know a few of them were popped for hippy lettuce(yeah I said it)

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
      Mettenberger and Jernigan were the biggest names among those in the Fox report. Fox didn't have a complete list, but said LSU defensive tackle Anthony Johnson, Henderson and Florida State linebackers Telvin Smith and Christian Jones also failed drug tests. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/n...000601692.html
      Telvin Smith is now dead to me

Comment

Originally posted by jebures View Post
        Telvin Smith is now dead to me
        For smoking weed? I mean damn that's harsh.
        Of course I say this having never smoked weed.

Comment

It's not about the weed smoking -- it's about the poor judgement/poor impulse control. If a guy is that stupid, I don't want him on my team.

Comment

The timing is poor but I would rather have a talented weed smoker than a meh boy scout.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
              The timing is poor but I would rather have a talented weed smoker than a meh boy scout.
              No, no you wouldn't -- because players get lifetime bans from the NFL if they keep testing positive for Mary Jane.

Again, it's not the fact that they smoke weed (I think it needs to be decriminalized nation-wide, in fact), it's that it's high-risk, stupid behavior given the consequences. Testing positive at the combine is a symptom of a much larger personality problem that a prospect has.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                For smoking weed? I mean damn that's harsh.
                Of course I say this having never smoked weed.
                This argument of "It's just weed" is easily one of the most retarded, dumbest, nonsense arguments on the mane. What's even worse is that it seems the majority believe "It's just weed".

I have no problem with the drug, my problem is that the player knows the consequences on his NFL career and still chooses to do it. The weed has nothing to do with it, being a dumbsh!t is the problem.

"It's just weed"....... c'mon people!

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
                  This argument of "It's just weed" is easily one of the most retarded, dumbest, nonsense arguments on the mane. What's even worse is that it seems the majority believe "It's just weed".

I have no problem with the drug, my problem is that the player knows the consequences on his NFL career and still chooses to do it. The weed has nothing to do with it, being a dumb**** is the problem.

It is just weed. It's just a plant. It isn't the drug that is the issue, because truthfully weed is less harmful than alcohol, it is about the character of these players. To risk that career that is already going to be short term just for a quick high is very stupid.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Henderson has always been a moron.

From "his floor is Ogden" to possible 5th to 7th rounder. Lulz.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                        No, no you wouldn't -- because players get lifetime bans from the NFL if they keep testing positive for Mary Jane.

Again, it's not the fact that they smoke weed (I think it needs to be decriminalized nation-wide, in fact), it's that it's high-risk, stupid behavior given the consequences. Testing positive at the combine is a symptom of a much larger personality problem that a prospect has.
                        No, I would rather have the potential knucklehead who smokes weed and has a ton of talent.
                        Character is nice and ideally you get a player with both.
                        But you have to have all types on a team and as I said many times before.
                        Give me the most talented player and I will take a chance with him any day.

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post

I have no problem with the drug, my problem is that the player knows the consequences on his NFL career and still chooses to do it. The weed has nothing to do with it, being a dumb**** is the problem.

Weed though Illegal is tantamount to drinking in it's effect.
                        That's why people say it's just weed.
                        I've never done drugs so I do not get the appeal of it as it makes no sense to me.
                        But plenty of people smoke weed and make the decision to potentially risk their livelihood on it.
                        Things like this do not really shock nor stun me I know people who have spent most of their adults lives smoking and are quite successful so I make no assumptions about athletes.
                        All I care about is them not being dumb enough to get caught and suspended for a year.
                        I want top notch players who help this team win. If they want to smoke weed I don't care. So long as they don't get in trouble with the law or the league.

Comment

Working...
                        X