Here is my annual Bronco mock draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is my annual Bronco mock draft

First, the Broncos make a couple deals. They trade down from their 1st and get a early 2nd and an early 4th rounder. They also end up dealing a 5th rounder in 2015 for an early 6th.

2a. Donte Moncrief WR Mississippi 6'2 220

Best player here. A run of WR's likely happens in the 2nd and may be gone by the end of the 2nd round. Great size/speed ratio with hands. Welker is no guarantee to last another year.

2b. Weston Richburg C/G Colorado St. 6'3 300

Could play either, but probably the future center. Mobile, but strong in the running game.

3. Walt Aikens CB Liberty 6'1, 200

Transferred from Illinois where he played safety. Got in trouble there, but seems a solid citizen since. Nice size/speed ratio, 4.4-4.5. Could always go back to safety if need be.

4a. Telvin Smith LB Florida St. 6'3, 218

I think he drops here just because of size concerns, but really fast and hits. Can cover, so Broncos take him and worry about how to use him later.

4b. Marqueston Huff S/CB Wyoming 5'11, 200

Played most CB until switched to FS senior year. Could always be used at CB if need be depending on would happen with Aikens, so some flexibility here. Nice speed and cover, which is a problem for the Broncos at safety.

5. Zach Kerr DT Delaware 6'1, 330

Maryland transfer, great strength, more depth at DT, looking ahead to next year FA for insurance

6a. David Fales QB San Jose St. 6'2, 220

Broncos trade a 5th in next years draft to draft Fales. His arm strength is a question, but seems like a decent QB prospect at least, with mobility and accuracy. His stock is supposedly going up, so why I think the Broncos see him at the top of the 6th round and get him

6b. Avery Williamson LB Kentucky 6'1 246

Another Kentucky LB, more mobile than perceived, needs more polish

7. Lorenzo Taliaferro RB Coastal Carolina 6'0, 230

Small school guy, decent speed, but power and can catch and block

Undrafted free agents to sign:

Blake Annen TE Cincinnati 6'4, 250
    Cody Hoffman WR BYU 6'4, 220
    Allen Hurns WR Miami WR 6'1, 195
    Isaiah Burse WR/PR Fresno St. 5'10, 190
    Austin Wentworth G/T Fresno St. 6'4 315
    Matt Paradis C/G Boise St. 6'3 310
    Zack Moore DE Concordia 6'6 270
    Chris Schaudt DE Minnesota St. 6'3 265
    Andre Hall CB Vanderbilt 5'11 190
    Bene Benwikere CB San Jose St. 5'11 195
    Dexter McDougle CB Maryland 5'10 196

I hate the Moncrief pick, but other than that I wouldn't be disappointed. I don't see how people have Moncrief valued so highly.

I love Smith and Aikens, but would probably take Smith first. Not bad.

Comment

Why trade a future pick for a guy with questionable arm strength? Otherwise, no issues with the remaining players.
      Last edited by Traveler; 05-05-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I like a lot of the players here, be great to get them where you project them, Telvin Smith may go in the second/third round.

Comment

Moncrief is 6'2, 220 and runs a 4.4 is why I have him so high. Plus, I haven't heard a knock on him about his hands, so I imagine they must be fine. Not to mention putting up pretty good numbers with shaky play at QB there.

I figured Smith might drop some because of a perceived lack of strength.

Not sure about Fales, but thought he might be the best QB prospect around at that point in the draft. Brett Smith is another option, thought his stock seems to be falling lately.

Comment

Just can't get on board with a WR with our first selection, especially a guy who basically runs in straight lines most of the time. Don't see Moncrief as a guy whose LTI is short and would allow him to get quality snaps right away.

Comment

Flip the Smith and Aikens selections and but i think you have good value on some of your picks.

Comment

Working...
              X