2014 Official Orange Mane Mock Draft UDFA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Official Orange Mane Mock Draft UDFA Thread

Are 256 picks in the regular draft not enough for you? Still obsessing over that left tackle from Kenai Peninsula Community College who has 38 inch arms? Worried about how you're going to get your NFL draft fix for the next week? There's no need to fear.... the UDFA round is here! The UDFA (UnDrafted Free Agent) Round is open to all 32 participants of the regular mock draft -- you don't have to participate if you don't want to, but all picks will be included in your mock draft haul and count towards eternal bragging rights.

2008 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=67629
    2009 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79818
    2010 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90729
    2011 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=97743
    2012 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104884
    2013 UDFA Round Results: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110647

Here are the details/rules for this year (some tweaks from previous years, so please read the red bits carefully):

1. All teams have $100,000 to bid for players which were not selected in the 2014 OM Mock Draft. Bidding is done blindly and privately -- in other words, all bids are sent to me via PM, and the results are revealed at the conclusion of the bidding period. DO NOT POST YOUR BIDS IN THIS THREAD!

2. Minimum bid for a player is $5000. Bids can be made in $100 increments only. Maximum bid is (obviously) $100,000.

3. Reserve/Contingency Bids: As per MUG's proposal, teams will be allowed to also submit a list of contingency players in the event that they get 'jumped' on any of their main bids. In the interest of simplicity, each of the contingency bids should be for no more than the $5000 minimum. There is no limit to the number of players on your reserve/contingency list, though -- if you feel like listing 50 players, go ahead and knock yourself out.

Look at the bidding example in point #5 to see how the process would play out....

4. Please send all bids via one and only one PM to me (BowlenBall) any time between the last selection in the OM Mock Draft and Thursday, April 24th, at 11:59 p.m. MST. Please title the PM "UDFA Round Picks for (your team)". All bids received after the deadline will be considered null and void.

5. Please submit bids in this format:

UDFA Bids
    Bid amount, Name, Position, College
    $70,000 Greg Lewis, RB, Washington
    $17,000 Kenny Walker, DE, Nebraska
    $8000 Curtis Mayfield, WR, Oklahoma State
    $5000 Don Gibson, DT, USC
    Total Spent: $100,000

Reserve/Contingency List ($5000 only per player, listed in order of priority)
    1. Jim Johnson, OT, Michigan State
    2. Jon Bostick, WR, Nebraska
    3. Dietrich Lockridge, OG, Jackson State
    4. Mohammed Oliver, DB, Oregon
    5. Bob Meeks, OC, Auburn
    6. Cedric Tillman, WR, Alcorn State
    7. John Granby, WR, Virginia Tech

In the above example, if you were successful on all of your main bids, then none of the players on the Reserve/Contingency List would be awarded to you. If you were jumped on Greg Lewis, though, then the unspent $70,000 would be applied to all players on this list, meaning that $5000 bids for all seven will then be automatically applied (and $35,000 left over, since you ran out of contingency players in this example).

If you were instead jumped on Kenny Walker in the above example, then the unspent $17,000 for him would then apply to your Reserve/Contingency List, and automatic bids would then be placed for the first three players (but you would have $2000 left over, since the excess amount falls below the $5000 minimum bid for the 4th player).

Finally, if you were jumped on either Curtis Mayfield or Don Gibson, then you would only have enough money for the first player listed on your Reserve/Contingency list, and a $5000 bid would be placed on Jim Johnson only.

PLEASE NOTE: the $5000 mandatory amount for Reserve/Contingency bids makes things much simpler for me to administrate, AND provides incentive for GMs to submit their bids as early as possible, so that they have higher bid priority in the event of a tie. I realize that some GMs may not like this system as it currently is, but lets run with it for 2014, and see how it goes. I'm open to modifying this again next year if enough people wish to bid higher amounts on their reserve players in 2015.

6. Please do not submit bids for players who have already been selected in the mock draft. Refer to the Alpha list or the main pick thread before you submit your bid. Any bids for pre-selected players will be invalidated, and the team owner will NOT be notified of his error.

7. Tiebreaker: if two or more teams bid the same amount for the same player, then whoever submitted their bid first will be considered the winner.

8. Results will be posted on Friday, April 25th.

9. In the interests of transparency, I will submit my own list via PM to JCMElway before the official bidding period begins, and before I review any of the bids submitted. In addition, I will disqualify myself from the tiebreaker rules, meaning that any tie that I am involved with will go to the other team.

10. As I receive bids, I will post confirmation below, along with a sequence number indicating the order in which I received them (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.).

Bids Submitted!
    1. New York Jets (Conklin)
    2. Cincinnati Bengals (MUG)
    3. St. Louis Rams (Rohirrim)
    4. Minnesota Vikings (jebures)
    5. San Francisco 49ers (phibacka31
    6. New England Patriots (eddie mac)
    7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Traveler)
    8. Atlanta Falcons (Arkie)
    9. Indianapolis Colts (lestat)
    10. Washington Redskins (BroncoMan4ever)
    11. Green Bay Packers (srphoenix)
    12. Jacksonville Jaguars (ColoradoBuff)
    13. Cleveland Browns (Requiem)
    14. Arizona Cardinals (ludo21)
    15. New Orleans Saints (thumpc)
    16. Carolina Panthers (bpc)
    17. Detroit Lions (JCMElway/DBroncos4life)
    18. Dallas Cowboys (Nickstixx)
    19. New York Giants (Shananahan)
    20. Chicago Bears (SoDak Bronco)
    21. Kansas City Chiefs (Carmelo15)
    22. Houston Texans (24champ)
    23. Seattle Seahawks (schaaf)
    24. Buffalo Bills (BroncosfanGuy)
    25. Pittsburgh Steelers (BowlenBall)

Have not submitted bids yet
    Baltimore Ravens (BMORE)
    Denver Broncos (Mediator12)
    Miami Dolphins (OBF1)
    Oakland Raiders (rugbythug)
    Philadelphia Eagles (Florida_Bronco)
    San Diego Chargers (rolandftw)
    Tennessee Titans (MrPeepers)
    Last edited by BowlenBall; 04-23-2014, 07:45 PM.

Just to reiterate -- you can start sending UDFA bids to me as soon as 24champ posts his selection for pick #256. Any lists sent to me earlier than that exact moment will be ignored....

Comment

BOOM! We're off and running -- check the bottom of the first post to see who has submitted their UDFA bids, and in what order....

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
        BOOM! We're off and running -- check the bottom of the first post to see who has submitted their UDFA bids, and in what order....
        wow, 24champ hasn't submitted yet? Only suggestion I'd make for future years is to set a 1-12 hour timer before UDFA's can be submitted because the person that drafts last can simultaneously post/pm and guarantee he wins all ties.

Comment

Are we being timed on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
            Have you read the original post?

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
              Yes, and you're tied for 11th place right now.

Comment

First year getting in on the UDFA round and my:

1000th post!!!!!!!!

Thanks Orange Mane for being such a cool and nice place to hang out and avoid getting things done at work.

Comment

just sent my UDFA list in. Thanks again to all who put this on.....JCM, Bowlen, MUG and everyone who participated. Kudos to all!

Comment

udfa bids in!

Ill jump in with the kudos to all! Did not think I would put as much effort in the UDFA as I did, but I saw too many guys I have actually heard of and wanted to bid on, hopefully I get them all

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                      udfa bids in!

Ill jump in with the kudos to all! Did not think I would put as much effort in the UDFA as I did, but I saw too many guys I have actually heard of and wanted to bid on, hopefully I get them all
                      I doubt I get any of mine. I picked 5 winners.

Comment

Question for you Bowlen:

If Team A bid $5000 for a player on their initial priority list, while Team B bid $5000 for the same player on their reserve list, does Team A automatically win that player regardless of tie-breaker ranking because the player was priority versus reserve? Or does a tie always go straight to tie-breaker ranking based on who submitted first?

Comment

Didn't do a reserve / contingency. Plan A +.

Comment

New Orleans UDFA in!

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                              Question for you Bowlen:

If Team A bid $5000 for a player on their initial priority list, while Team B bid $5000 for the same player on their reserve list, does Team A automatically win that player regardless of tie-breaker ranking because the player was priority versus reserve? Or does a tie always go straight to tie-breaker ranking based on who submitted first?
                              My best guess is it should go to team a.

He's going to have some fun signing reserve priority numbers to all these picks and then going through you're breakers.

To me, if I have player John doe reserve priority 3 and you have him reserve priority 2. He should go to you. I only have a tiebreaker if we rank the same. If bowlen does need assistance do to sheer quantity of players, I have no problem lending a hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X