No announcement yet.

2014 Official Orange Mane Mock Draft Discussion/Alpha player list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the consensus that Robinson is > Matthews?

I dont know why, maybe its the name but I think Matthews is the better prospect.
    Last edited by ludo21; 03-17-2014, 12:26 PM. Reason: doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
      The only three guys I'd of considered instead of him were all taken before me. I didn't have a choice. Their new GM wants a QB. There is no way they are going into 2014 with Hoyer as their long-term guy.
      Yeah, did you see Bridgewaters pro day reports? Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
        Is the consensus that Robinson is > Matthews?

I dont know why, maybe its the name but I think Matthews is the better prospect.
        Matthews is more NFL ready than Robinson but Robinson is a physical freak of nature with all world potential. Robinson was a close #2 behind Mack on my list. They both will be very good players, I just like Robinsons potential more than Matthews.

Comment

Originally posted by 24champ View Post
          Yeah, did you see Bridgewaters pro day reports? Not good.
          JaMarcus Russell lit up his Pro Day and where is that turd at?

IM GOING WITH TEDDY BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER BEING A LOSING FRANCHSE WATER.

#roditto (req only drafts in the top ten once)

Comment

The only three guys I'd of considered instead of him were all taken before me. I didn't have a choice. Their new GM wants a QB. There is no way they are going into 2014 with Hoyer as their long-term guy.
            He is the best QB in this draft, regardless of his pro day I think as well... but he still is not far ahead of the 2nd tier...

Comment

I would have traded up for Robinson had the Ravens not resigned Monroe. To me, he's a fantastic prospect.

Comment

The more I think of the QB prospects of this draft the more I am leaning towards Manziel if I am one of those QB hungry top teams. Go big or go home style.

Comment

Rugby gets a good pick at #5. . .

Ro messed this thing up!
                  BWAHAHAHA!

Comment

I told you. OM posters totdally devalue QB's or is it the real world overvalues them The thing is any mocker on here wont get fired if he cant find a guy to take his team forward this year. In truth the new guy in Houston will, Cleveland definitely and likely Allen's last year in Oakland. None of them are getting 6 wins with their current powderpuff slingers so they absolutely will draft Quarterbacks this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                      BWAHAHAHA!
                      I almost thought about trading up with you, but the WR depth is so good -- but you got a heckuva player.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                        I told you. OM posters totdally devalue QB's or is it the real world overvalues them The thing is any mocker on here wont get fired if he cant find a guy to take his team forward this year. In truth the new guy in Houston will, Cleveland definitely and likely Allen's last year in Oakland. None of them are getting 6 wins with their current powderpuff slingers so they absolutely will draft Quarterbacks this year.
                        I'll take Bridgewater over any QB in this class. Now I can focus hard on what I am going to do with six more picks in the first 125 overall. Tehee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                          I almost thought about trading up with you, but the WR depth is so good -- but you got a heckuva player.
                          IMO, he's the best in the draft. Or at least separated only by a hair from Mack or Robinson.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                            I have a plan. Just not at 5.

Comment

• Ok, thoughts so far on the first 5 selections:

This is going much different than I anticipated. The same guys for the most part, just a different order, which is going to impact the 2nd and 3rd round more than anything. I'm seriously 0 for 5. I had Clowney to Houston, Bridgewater to Minnesota in a trade, Mack to Jax, Watkins to Cleveland, and Bortles to Oakland (with them signing Penn to play LT and Vick/Schaub to QB for a year or two as Bortles needs to sit for awhile).

However, I think ALL of the selections are solid and make sense. I really like Bridgewater too, I heard the reports he had an okay Pro Day, but I don't care, his tape has him making all the throws for years accurately. The guy is a stud. If Clowney goes to Houston #1 in RL, I expect a team to trade up with the Rams for Bridgewater, Oakland, Minnesota, or TB, with Minnesota being the favorite.

With Oakland though, now that the owner is involved and trumping his GM, I can't imagine they skip a QB at #5. The current regime is already dead, the owner is going to make this pick, and I expect it to be a QB. I really think they'll pay Donald Penn whatever they must for him to play LT. There's a chance though if they miss out on Penn, I could see them going OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                                Yeah, I'm not trading up for a WR until maybe the late 2nd when the studs start to die out. You made the right choice IMO. Of course, if Rohirrim would have taken a 3rd to bounce back two slots, than I would have traded up. Doesn't sound like he would have though.

Comment

Working...
                                X