2014 Official Orange Mane Mock Draft Discussion/Alpha player list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 24champ View Post
    Like you said, Mack is clearly the best player in the draft. Clowney has character concerns, and doesn't fit the texans 3-4 scheme exactly. Texans are generally conservative with their draft picks, you won't see a Manziel or Clowney on that team. Then theres no QB worth drafting at #1, no matter how much they need one.

Having Mack with Watts on the defense was very enticing and pass rushers in the nfl are a extremely valuable commodity.
    I think that if Mack were the choice (and you may very well be right on that), then Houston's best play is to trade down 2 or 3 spots, pick up some extra selections, and draft him at #4 or #5.

Interesting, bold selection -- definitely shakes up the way the next few picks play out....

Comment

I highly doubt the Texans don't take a QB #1. They have tried for way too long to avoid landing one. Schaub has always been solid but never a true franchise guy.

I think if they trade down then they don't take a QB but without a consensus #1 QB then so many teams will wait and take their pick of Bridgewater,Bortles or Manziel.
      Would stun me to see a team reach for Carr or Garoppolo due to the first round giving you that extra year of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
        I highly doubt the Texans don't take a QB #1. They have tried for way too long to avoid landing one. Schaub has always been solid but never a true franchise guy.

I think if they trade down then they don't take a QB but without a consensus #1 QB then so many teams will wait and take their pick of Bridgewater,Bortles or Manziel.
        Would stun me to see a team reach for Carr or Garoppolo due to the first round giving you that extra year of control.
        This years QB class is pretty awful. Bottom line you take away the draft hype and pressure of drafting a "franchise" QB, you won't find a QB worth drafting in the first round.

This reminds me of the 2006 draft, ESPN and the other gurus were pressuring the Texans to draft Vince Young or Leinart but ended up drafting Mario Williams, people were shocked and flamed the Texans management for that selection. Worked out pretty well for them ,and same thing will likely happen this year.

The year to get a Quarterback was in 2012, that was a good/great class of QBs. Next years class is going to be a lot better, depending on who declares or stays in College.

Comment

I would have taken Clowney, but Mack is such a great pass rushing threat as well.

Great selection! When the first QB is taken will be interesting in both this draft and real life.

Comment

Sitting on the outside (I really hate work), I actually like the Mack pick. It's bold but I understand the team feels like the can win now and last season was fluke. They get a player to get after the QB (Luck) and can draft one of the QB in second. Plus Clowney would be wasted in that Romeo Crennel defense.

Comment

No trade offers, eh? Guess I'll just put my pick in at 10 and get this thing rolling.

Comment

do it!! lets rollllllllll

Comment

Here's Johnny!

Comment

damn you 24champ!!

Comment

Ten minutes to go and nobody wants to trade up?

Comment

No!

Comment

Three minutes and counting...

Comment

holy cow! here comes the run on Receivers!!

I am really shocked at that one Roh, some top flight OL available here, but I guess you still got that 2nd pick...

Thoughts on Watkins at 2?

Comment

Sammy Watkins? He IS the best WR prospect since AJ Green, but still....

Wow, all the QBs and OTs still on the board for Jacksonville at #3....

Comment

Curve ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X