X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Commish.

Pick is in and will be announced.

Comment

A surprise pick! Watt and Mack will make a formidable duo.

Rams are open to trade talks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
        A surprise pick! Watt and Mack will make a formidable duo.

Rams are open to trade talks.
        PM sent.

Comment

Wow, this the way to start an Orangemane Draft! 30 more picks to go!

Comment

That selection has probably messed up a few teams draft boards. Pretty sure most thought Houston would select Bridgewater or Bortles given the crap QB's they have, IMHO worse than Jacksonville' who's commitment to Henne will likely see them not draft a QB at 3 in real life. So in all likelyhood the Browns or Raiders will have the choice of the best QB in the draft.

Comment

Mack was #1 on Atlanta's board. Better LB prospect than Miller who rose to #2, and there's no Cam in this draft.

Comment

Me new top 10 Mock given that I think there's a distinct lack of love for QB's this year.

Houston - Mack
                St Louis - Clowney, cap issues done nothing in FA aside from bringing back Saffold
                Jacksonville - Robinson, added an OG in FA but still need OL, Henne extended
                Cleveland - Watkins, searching for WR's all FA didn't land one, still like Hoyer
                Oakland - Bridgewater, need a QB badly and the best one falls to them
                Atlanta - Matthews, their OL is the weakest until by a mile
                Tampa Bay - Ebron, Lovie has filled the roster but Myers isn't all that
                Minnesota - Bortles to good to pass up, re-signing Cassell wasn't the answer
                Buffalo - Evans, lost their best player in FA, but need someone opposite Johnson
                Detroit - Gilbert, CB a huge need in Detroit, didn't do much in FA

Some of the above might be total guesswork, or all even.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                  Mack was #1 on Atlanta's board. Better LB prospect than Miller who rose to #2, and there's no Cam in this draft.
                  Have you seen your OL

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                    That selection has probably messed up a few teams draft boards. Pretty sure most thought Houston would select Bridgewater or Bortles given the crap QB's they have, IMHO worse than Jacksonville' who's commitment to Henne will likely see them not draft a QB at 3 in real life. So in all likelyhood the Browns or Raiders will have the choice of the best QB in the draft.
                    To be honest, I didn't have a QB on the board at all for the #1 overall pick. Just not a good QB class this year, IMO. Couple interesting projects for QB but that's it, I don't see that Franchise QB that you select with the #1 overall pick.

Comment

Having Clowney still on the board puts a whole new wrinkle on things.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                        Have you seen your OL
                        OL and pass rush is a big concern for Atlanta. I would have gone with BPA who was Mack for me.

Comment

Good pick, 24champ.

Browns #84 player is still on the board!

Comment

I think Mack is clearly the best player in this draft -- an amazingly clean prospect in all respects. However, I'd still be shocked if he were #1 overall, just because there's usually a hierarchy of importance for positions, and OLB is down the list a bit:

1) QB (Texans don't have one, so that's a major factor here)
                            2) LT (three premium tackles in this draft, and Robinson has 'that look')
                            3) CB (no transcendent talent at #1, so not an issue)
                            4) DT (again, no great ones this year)
                            5) DE (Clowney)
                            6) OLB (Mack, with Barr a bit behind him)

Love the player, not so sure about the draft slot though.... If they're not in love with Bortles or Bridgewater, the Texans would probably be better off value-wise going for one of the LTs or Clowney, IMO.

Comment

That's one of three players I would have traded up for.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                                I think Mack is clearly the best player in this draft -- an amazingly clean prospect in all respects. However, I'd still be shocked if he were #1 overall, just because there's usually a hierarchy of importance for positions, and OLB is down the list a bit:

1) QB (Texans don't have one, so that's a major factor here)
                                2) LT (three premium tackles in this draft, and Robinson has 'that look')
                                3) CB (no transcendent talent at #1, so not an issue)
                                4) DT (again, no great ones this year)
                                5) DE (Clowney)
                                6) OLB (Mack, with Barr a bit behind him)

Love the player, not so sure about the draft slot though.... If they're not in love with Bortles or Bridgewater, the Texans would probably be better off value-wise going for one of the LTs or Clowney, IMO.
                                Like you said, Mack is clearly the best player in the draft. Clowney has character concerns, and doesn't fit the texans 3-4 scheme exactly. Texans are generally conservative with their draft picks, you won't see a Manziel or Clowney on that team. Then theres no QB worth drafting at #1, no matter how much they need one.

Having Mack with Watts on the defense was very enticing and pass rushers in the nfl are a extremely valuable commodity.

Comment

Working...
                                X