Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Official Orange Mane Mock Draft Discussion/Alpha player list

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I've got Lewan rated ahead of Jack Matthews, and both of them will definitely go in the top 10 (along with Robinson, who looks like a potential hall-of-famer physically).

    There's a huge drop-off between them and the 4th-best OT on the board, who probably won't go until the mid-20s or so....

    Comment


    • Debated really hard whether or not to throw a curve and select TE Eric Ebron instead of Evans. Decided to go with with Evans because of the issues with Mike Williams.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Traveler View Post
        Debated really hard whether or not to throw a curve and select TE Eric Ebron instead of Evans. Decided to go with with Evans because of the issues with Mike Williams.
        I really like Evans. He's got that Vincent Jackson look to him.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
          I really like Evans. He's got that Vincent Jackson look to him.
          Yep, except he is a major competitor too. VJ just seems to go about his business quietly, but Evans really plays hard to me. He also seems really good at making adjustments game to game and play to play.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Requiem View Post
            It was not a good performance. I saw the highlights after the selection. Shabby. I still think he goes no lower than 8.
            I watched it as well. He couldn't hit the deep ball at all. His arm strength has become a huge concern. It was a very poor pro day, and he is in gym shorts at that. I would be surprised to see him go in the 1st round after that performance. If so, it would be late I think.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Nickstixx View Post
              I watched it as well. He couldn't hit the deep ball at all. His arm strength has become a huge concern. It was a very poor pro day, and he is in gym shorts at that. I would be surprised to see him go in the 1st round after that performance. If so, it would be late I think.
              Eh, I doubt it will be that bad, but I certainly think he has played himself out of the Top 3 selections. Allegedly, several teams in the Top 10 have Bortles higher, so we will see. I think Bridgewater will be just fine -- I have to hope he will perform.

              Good get for the Lions and Gilbert.

              Comment


              • I have a feeling my guys will be taken before I pick with Gilbert gone....

                Comment


                • Barr. There goes another check-off on my wish list.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                    Barr. There goes another check-off on my wish list.
                    Barr was the last of the elite prospects on my board -- on to the next tier. (sigh)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                      Barr was the last of the elite prospects on my board -- on to the next tier. (sigh)
                      I was freaking out that he or Gilbert wouldn't be there at 10 the way this draft is going.

                      Comment


                      • This looks pretty solid to me so far. Much better than some previous years and very worthy of the information out there right now on players. Looking good people, and moving damn fast too! Let's keep it up, I could draft by THU at this pace!

                        Comment


                        • How did Barr go from top 5 pre-combine to a teens pick in a lot of mocks?

                          Obviously I look at the talent ahead of him, but he is one of the best pass rushers this year.....

                          Comment


                          • I think the Mock is going well so far. Very realistic. I'm still not remotely worried about Bridgewater. He'll wear his glove in his private workouts and crush those.

                            Matthews to Atlanta with both Clowney and Mack gone makes all the sense in the world. Can play RT until they tire of Baker.

                            Tampa Bay is kind of where I first start to have trouble projecting in most of my mocks. I have them taking Evans in my most recent projection, but they could easily go in A TON of other directions.

                            Minnesota is a problem area too because I think they'll be trading up or back. I still think they want Bridgewater most and they'll move up to #2 to get him before Jacksonville. The fanbase likes Manziel for the Tarkenton comparisons, but I'm still hesitant on Manziel going this high. He's off my board entirely because I'm just not confident in how to evaluate his value.

                            Buffalo taking Lewan is interesting to me because I never considered it. Glenn is an absolute stud at LT, and while they could upgrade RT, Pears isn't that bad by any stretch. They needed a LG badly, but they paid Williams to start there. I think Buffalo goes another direction at this pick, Mike Evans if he's still there or Eric Ebron. Lewan might be BPA available though, and he is an upgrade on Pears, so this is completely possible and makes sense.

                            Detroit taking Gilbert, especially after signing Golden Tate, is about as obvious as it gets. Maybe Clinton-Dix gets some consideration, or maybe they love Dennard more, but I think Gilbert is almost a lock.

                            Comment


                            • I'm about 87% certain the Rams will find a trading partner for that 2nd pick.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                                I think the Mock is going well so far. Very realistic. I'm still not remotely worried about Bridgewater. He'll wear his glove in his private workouts and crush those.

                                Matthews to Atlanta with both Clowney and Mack gone makes all the sense in the world. Can play RT until they tire of Baker.

                                Tampa Bay is kind of where I first start to have trouble projecting in most of my mocks. I have them taking Evans in my most recent projection, but they could easily go in A TON of other directions.

                                Minnesota is a problem area too because I think they'll be trading up or back. I still think they want Bridgewater most and they'll move up to #2 to get him before Jacksonville. The fanbase likes Manziel for the Tarkenton comparisons, but I'm still hesitant on Manziel going this high. He's off my board entirely because I'm just not confident in how to evaluate his value.

                                Buffalo taking Lewan is interesting to me because I never considered it. Glenn is an absolute stud at LT, and while they could upgrade RT, Pears isn't that bad by any stretch. They needed a LG badly, but they paid Williams to start there. I think Buffalo goes another direction at this pick, Mike Evans if he's still there or Eric Ebron. Lewan might be BPA available though, and he is an upgrade on Pears, so this is completely possible and makes sense.

                                Detroit taking Gilbert, especially after signing Golden Tate, is about as obvious as it gets. Maybe Clinton-Dix gets some consideration, or maybe they love Dennard more, but I think Gilbert is almost a lock.
                                Can Manziel even read a defense?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X