2014 Official Orange Mane Mock Draft Discussion/Alpha player list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
    He DOES remind me of Eric Decker, actually!

Comment

• Just realised that Calvin Pryor was listed at 6-2 at Louisville. Where they trying to scare their opponents each week or did he have a bad landing from a parachute jump this year

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
        Just realised that Calvin Pryor was listed at 6-2 at Louisville. Where they trying to scare their opponents each week or did he have a bad landing from a parachute jump this year
        College's like to play around with player numbers. That's why so many teams focus on the combine to get a accurate measurement of them.
        Lest you end up with a Ted Gregory(Thanks Dan Reeves)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lestat View Post
          College's like to play around with player numbers. That's why so many teams focus on the combine to get a accurate measurement of them.
          Lest you end up with a Ted Gregory(Thanks Dan Reeves)
          I never understood how you could pick a guy without having met him at least once for that reason with height and injury and many other obvious reasons. It is something that always bugged me with Shanny too. He drafted Cutler on the council of another coach. He picked the guy he expected to lead his team for years to come without having a cup of coffee or a beer with the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
            I never understood how you could pick a guy without having met him at least once for that reason with height and injury and many other obvious reasons. It is something that always bugged me with Shanny too. He drafted Cutler on the council of another coach. He picked the guy he expected to lead his team for years to come without having a cup of coffee or a beer with the guy.
            I always hated that. Shanny was too busy trying to hide who he liked instead of doing proper due diligence in the matter.
            I understand not trying to tip your hand but in most cases the guy we really sought after went before us anyway.

Find the players you want, use your connections, if you have to then trade up for them. Look at what happened with us and Jarvis Moss.
            Timmons and Harrell were the guys we wanted and then they got snapped up and we panicked and went for Moss as he was apparently next in line.

Comment

• Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
              Hey, thanks MUG -- that makes me feel better about taking a D2 player in the 3rd round. Hated to do it, but got antsy and didn't think he'd make it to my 4th rounder.

General rule of thumb: save your non-FBS prospects for round 4 or later.
              True, but we had, what, 3 go in the 3rd round last year?

OT Terron Armstead
              S JJ Wilcox
              DT Brandon Williams

Comment

• crawling again....

Comment

• Just had Srphoenix go awol all day. He's about to get skipped her in an hour.

Comment

• 9 mins!

Comment

• bmore is up right?

Comment

• MUG did you have a chance to look at Easley?

Comment

• Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                          MUG did you have a chance to look at Easley?
                          Not yet, was super busy this weekend.

Comment

• next man up

Comment

• BMORE is up -- let's go fellas, we're gonna get ourselves in a time crunch soon if we don't pick it up a little bit.

Comment

• I would seriously consider a 9 hour clock for the 4th rd then dropping to 6 hours for the 5th and onwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X