Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Elway making my DEN OM mock draft much easier!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Elway making my DEN OM mock draft much easier!

WOW! This Aggressive FA with the possibility of bringing in TOP FA's to fill all the glaring holes on DEN's Defense is just like Butter!

Now, I can simply focus on my vertical BPA strategy and not have Needs make any rash decision picks! Hoorah!

And he ain't done yet.

Comment

MLB and DE will be covered before the draft as well. Bank on it.

Comment

Man it is a Great Year to be drafting DENVER

Comment

Not so great to have the Rams. They're losing Olinemen left and right.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
            Not so great to have the Rams. They're losing Olinemen left and right.
            Yeah, but you have a bazillion picks. You'll just have to trade up a bit to get some starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
              Yeah, but you have a bazillion picks. You'll just have to trade up a bit to get some starters.
              And, Davin Joseph is in the building. That is an upgrade. Lot's of HIGH quality OL in this draft as well, especially RT.

Comment

Pro bowl SS-Check
                Pro bowl CB-Check
                Pro bowl DE-Check

What should I draft now!

Thank you John Elway for making this OM draft the best one ever for me. Now I can sit back and let the draft fall to me! Or Not!

Comment

BPA!!!!!!!!!!! So many damn options. But no doubt the mane will explode with fury.

Comment

Seems to me we still have a glaring need at MLB along with the need to improve our interior OL. And there's the likely need to replace Decker. Not that I'm against BPA mind you, I just don't see need being a total non-factor in this draft.

Comment

In real life, I expect us to draft Jordan Matthews, he's a lock in my book unless the Seahawks jump us for him. The only other option for me is CB Kyle Fuller. I expect the other top 4 CBs to be gone.

Comment

Anyone else think we might make a move for CJ Mosley if he drops into the 20s? I'm not predicting he will, but I can definitely see us making a play for him if he gets within striking distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                          Anyone else think we might make a move for CJ Mosley if he drops into the 20s? I'm not predicting he will, but I can definitely see us making a play for him if he gets within striking distance.
                          It's possible, but I doubt we trade up. My reasoning is that we're going very heavy on expensive veteran contracts with high guarantees and we're going to have some cap issues in the next few years. The way to try and not fall into a decade of rebuilding is to build through the draft cheaply while those contracts are ticking off the books. We've been doing this, and this year is even more important to do so as well. I actually expect us to trade back when possible to get in more young talent.

We need depth and youth everywhere on our roster. Those 4 and 5 year contracts at dirt cheap prices are what will allow us to be aggressive in Free Agency moving forward. We just need to draft "hits" and more selections usually increases the amount you unearth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post
                            Pro bowl SS-Check
                            Pro bowl CB-Check
                            Pro bowl DE-Check

What should I draft now!

Thank you John Elway for making this OM draft the best one ever for me. Now I can sit back and let the draft fall to me! Or Not!
                            Trade up for Sammy.

I kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                              It's possible, but I doubt we trade up. My reasoning is that we're going very heavy on expensive veteran contracts with high guarantees and we're going to have some cap issues in the next few years. The way to try and not fall into a decade of rebuilding is to build through the draft cheaply while those contracts are ticking off the books. We've been doing this, and this year is even more important to do so as well. I actually expect us to trade back when possible to get in more young talent.

We need depth and youth everywhere on our roster. Those 4 and 5 year contracts at dirt cheap prices are what will allow us to be aggressive in Free Agency moving forward. We just need to draft "hits" and more selections usually increases the amount you unearth.
                              Manning retiring and the expected cap increase over the next few years would seem to address that. Though I think trading out of the 1st is a very likely scenario as well barring the Mosley dropping scenario. I just don't see a must have prospect for the Broncos at #31.

Comment

Working...
                              X