Official 2019 Orange Mane Mock Draft UDFA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2019 Orange Mane Mock Draft UDFA Thread

The 2019 UDFA (UnDrafted Free Agent) Round is open to all 32 participants of the regular Orange Mane Mock Draft -- you don't have to participate if you don't want to, but all UDFAs you 'sign' will be included in your mock draft haul and count towards eternal bragging rights. If you need your memory jogged on how this works, check out the thread for the 2018 UDFA Round Results: https://www.orangemane.com/forum/ora...t-forum/19731-

Here are the details/rules for this year (exactly the same as last year, except for $100 increments instead of $1000. Key details are in red):

1. All teams have $100,000 to bid for players which were not selected in the 2019 OM Mock Draft. Bidding is done blindly and privately -- in other words, all bids are sent to me via PM, and the results are revealed at the conclusion of the bidding period. DO NOT POST YOUR BIDS IN THIS THREAD!

2. Minimum bid for a player is $4000. Bids can be made in $100 increments only (e.g. $4100, $4200, $4300, etc.) Maximum bid is (obviously) $100,000.

3. Reserve/Contingency Bids: Teams will be allowed to also submit a list of contingency player bids in the event that they get 'jumped' on any of their main bids. In the interest of simplicity, each of the contingency bids will be for exactly $3000 (no more, no less). The maximum number of players you can submit bids for is 50 (both regular and contingency bids combined.)

Look at the bidding example in point #5 to see how the process would play out....

4. Please send all bids via one and only one PM to me (BowlenBall) any time between the last selection in the 2019 OM Mock Draft and Tuesday, April 16th, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Please title the PM "UDFA Round Picks for (your team)". All bids received after the deadline will be considered null and void.

5. Please submit bids in this format:

UDFA Bids
    Bid amount, Name, Position, College
    $60,000 Ted Gregory, NT, Syracus
    $18,000 Gerald Perry, OT, Saginaw Valley State
    $17,000 Kevin Guidry, CB, LSU
    $5000 Corris Ervin, DB, Central Florida
    Total Spent: $100,000

Reserve/Contingency List (listed in order of priority)
    1. Pat Kelly, TE, Syracuse
    2. Gary Frank, G, Mississippi State
    3. Mel Farr, RB, UCLA
    4. Channing Williams, RB, Arizona State
    5. Richard Calvin, RB, Washington State
    6. Johnny Carter, DT, Grambling

In the above example, if you were successful on all of your main bids, then none of the players on the Reserve/Contingency List would be awarded to you. If you were jumped on Ted Gregory, though, then the unspent $60,000 would be applied to all players on this list, meaning that $3000 bids for all six will then be automatically applied (and $42,000 left over, since you ran out of contingency players in this example).

If you were instead jumped on Corris Ervin in the above example, then the unspent $5000 for him would then apply to your Reserve/Contingency List, and an automatic bid would then be placed for the first player on your list (but not the last five, since you would have run out of $$$).

6. Please do not submit bids for players who have already been selected in the mock draft. Refer to the Alpha list or the main pick thread before you submit your bid. Any bids for pre-selected players will be invalidated, and the team owner will NOT be notified of his error.

7. Tiebreaker: if two or more teams bid the same amount for the same player, then whoever submitted their bid first will be considered the winner.

8. Results will be posted on Wednesday, April 17th.

9. In the interests of transparency, I will submit my own list via PM to JCMElway before the official bidding period begins, and before I review any of the bids submitted. In addition, I will disqualify myself from the tiebreaker rules, meaning that any tie that I am involved with will go to the other team.

10. As I receive bids, I will post confirmation below, along with a sequence number indicating the order in which I received them (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.).

Bids Submitted!
    1) NY Jets (jebures)
    2) Oakland (balero)
    3) New England (eddie mac)
    4) Arizona (ludo21)
    5) Kansas City (Carmelo15)
    6) LA Chargers (PRBronco)
    7) New Orleans (Old Dude)
    8) LA Rams (Rohirrim)
    9) Baltimore (IndelibleScribe)
    10) Dallas (lukeb5533)
    11) Jacksonville (LikeABoss5820/-Rod-)
    12) Atlanta (Arkie)
    13) Cincinnati (Mat'hir Uth Gan)
    14) Green Bay (ColoradoBuff)
    15) NY Giants (Shananahan)
    16) Detroit (JCMElway/DBroncos4life)​​​​​
    17) Denver (Agamemnon)
    18) Houston (NickstiXXX)
    19) Tampa Bay (socalorado)
    20) San Francisco (SoCalBronco)​​​​​​
    21) Washington (Big Cheeze)
    22) Philadelphia (Requiem)
    23) Seattle (Broncos23/ Samsa Gregor)
    24) Cleveland (phibacka31)
    25) Chicago (SoDak Bronco)
    26) Buffalo (Broncosfanguy)
    27) Minnesota (Bronc0guy)
    28) Indianapolis (Mediator12)
    29) Pittsburgh (BowlenBall)

Did not submit bids yet
    Carolina (bpc)
    Miami (Traveler)
    Tennessee (24champ)
    Last edited by BowlenBall; 04-16-2019, 09:09 PM.

As per suggestions from a few of you, I've changed the bid increments to multiples of $100 for this year, in order to give the bidding a little more "action."

In other words, your $4000 bid could get jumped by someone else's $4100 bid this year....

Comment

Also, I've moved the deadline for submission of bids back one more day (to Tuesday, April 16th, at 11:59 p.m. EST) in order to give SoCalBronco time to get his UDFA board together once he gets back from his cruise....

Comment

100 increments... sounds annoying lol Good luck GANG!

I plan to use all my time with mr irrelevant to ensure i get my picks in first wahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
          Also, I've moved the deadline for submission of bids back one more day (to Tuesday, April 16th, at 11:59 p.m. EST) in order to give SoCalBronco time to get his UDFA board together once he gets back from his cruise....
          Now nobody can say SoCalBronco hasn't been on the receiving end of white privilege.
          Last edited by Requiem; 04-08-2019, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
            100 increments... sounds annoying lol Good luck GANG!

I plan to use all my time with mr irrelevant to ensure i get my picks in first wahahaha
            You've had Mr Irrelevant a few times in the past few years haven't you??

Comment

Just remember that just last year, the guy with first overall priority and the guy with last overall priority finished as the top two point getters in UDFA. You don't have to rush your bids to win your players, you just have to bid smart and accurately project who the field values and what they are likely to pay, and then pay a tad bit more.

Comment

ya i think your right pr id have to go check

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post

Now nobody can say SoCalBronco hasn't been on the receiving end of white privilege.
                  Lawyers...

Comment

$60,000 for Ted Gregory? I need the Yikes smilie...

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                      $60,000 for Ted Gregory? I need the Yikes smilie...
                      You act like he said Tony Carter or Lance Ball.

Comment

bids in

Comment

bids in

Comment

haha i cant believe i wasnt first, dang work

Comment

mine are in too

Comment

Working...
                              X