No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Orange Mane Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Med had to wait hours to make his pick a few rounds ago. He couldn’t even stay up for his pick. He missed it by about 15 minutes, and we waited until the next morning. No big deal. Is the pace this year faster than other years?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
      DEN has a once in a decade Top 5 pick and Req wants a medal for taking the rich man's Max Garcia....lol.
      It's too bad the OM servers **** the bed and we can't go back in time and see all of the drafts. Weigh them all together and I bet my drafts are way better than yours.

OBJ and Hopkins at receiver brother. You picked Jeff Luc for ****s sake. Are you cheering for him with the Atlanta Legends? Did you get your Atlanta Legends Jeff Luc jersey?

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post

How many All-Pros did you draft last year?
        I basically drafted another Terrell Suggs who doesn't exactly grow on trees.

Last I checked, DEN's FO IRL preferred my pick to a guard.

Comment

• I can’t believe TJ didn’t save those threads. I remember him participating in the old drafts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post

I basically drafted another Terrell Suggs who doesn't exactly grow on trees.

Last I checked, DEN's FO IRL preferred my pick to a guard.
            You took the best defensive player in the draft at #2 overall. You want a ****ing trophy? That wasn't a hard one. Chubb wasn't available for me at #5 dummy because you took him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkie View Post
              I can’t believe TJ didn’t save those threads. I remember him participating in the old drafts.
              It's more important to talk about how awesome Trump is as opposed to salvaging and saving a decade's worth of the best **** that goes down on the OM each year.

Comment

• I got A.J. Green, JPP, Trent Williams, Landon Collins

Comment

• Things getting chippy in round almost 5. I like it!

As for the amount of time to pick, a 12 hour clock has served us very well for a long time. And no, the 12 hour clock doesn't stop because it's bed time. The thing that has helped us in the past is the good ol priority list! You are 2 picks away but it's almost time to crash? PM a 2 or 3 pick priority list to me, Bowlenball, and Jebures. Or Requiem. Or Ludo. We don't open the PM until you come OTC. Works great for Bowlen as he's up when we sleep.

Comment

• With the 138th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES close out the 4th round and select:

DT ISAIAH BUGGS, ALABAMA

Isaiah Buggs is the #184 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

DT ISAIAH BUGGS ALABAMA

Mississippi (2018): Playing RDE in a 43 defense, RE in 34 looks. Definitely should not be playing 43 DE, does not have the athleticism or speed at all. Mostly just asked to play a contain role though, and he can do that. Nice job getting hands up and swatting down pass at the line. He’s playing really passive in this game, I don’t like it. If a cut block comes at him, he kind of just lays down gently on top of the guy. If it’s an off tackle run, he plays contain to force it back inside, but mostly just leans on the OT and has no interest in fighting through the block to make a play on the RB. Just got done doing some of the DTs that play like their hair is on fire, Buggs is a massive contrast to that. Easily chopped down by cut blocks. Stunt inside, just ran around untouched between the LG and OC, should have had a sack, but the QB able to step out of his diving arm tackle attempt. Solid bull rush on the LT Little, put him right on his back. Lost contain on outside sweep, decent job chasing after the RB at least though. Decent job chasing down and tackling RB on off tackle run when he was lined up inside. Just read the play and took a good angle running backwards a bit to cut the RB off and limit the gain. Didn’t play a ton in the second half of this blowout, didn’t play at all after midway through the 3rd quarter. Takeaways from this game was that he’s not a real fiery player, appears to be happy to just do his job and not really try and make special plays. When he had a chance at a big play, the sack, he missed. Clearly playing out of position as a 43 DE, he’s probably a 34 DE or 43 DT. Not really seeing the quickness or stoutness that makes me think he’d shine inside in a 43 though. Hope the rest of the tapes give a better representation of what he can do. There’s always the Combine as well.

Texas AM (2018): Playing RE in a 34 defense, playing LDE in 43 defense. Solid stack and shed on LG to help stuff inside run. Coverage sack, RT had him blocked and turned him loose after several seconds, QB just held the ball way too long, Buggs just had to run forward and tackle him, which he did. Driven off the line by the LT. Kind of keeping an eye on how stout he seems to be, right now, not seeing much stoutness. Easily stonewalled by LG and OC double team. Stack and shed on TE to stuff off tackle run. Threw off the TE fairly easily. Cut inside the LG, looked like he added a rip move on top of shooting the gap, pretty impressive sack on the QB, that was from the 43 DE position. Decent effort chasing the QB down the field for like 30 yards, he’s definitely not slow, he just runs like a big guy would, might be a slightly plus athlete for his size though. Solid job forcing the QB back inside on a designed run, but not quite athletic enough to make a diving tackle on him. Bull rush on RT for a pressure. Stunted inside from 5 tech, bull rushed through the LG and sacked the QB. Good job splitting the LG and OC double team for a pressure, just kind of powered his way through. Nice job taking on the pulling RG and TE, stacked them up, made the RB cut back inside where he was stuffed by teammates. Started on an arc rush, slammed on the breaks and just cut back inside the LT to participate in a team QB sack. That was pretty decent athleticism, nothing that pops out, but at least he can change directions fairly quickly. Stunt inside, beat the RG up the middle, QB pressure. Thought he showed a lot more effort in this game, athleticism and power seem about average. Most of his plays were on stunts or coverage sacks, but he had two plays in this game that suggested he might be more of a gap shooting disruptive type interior player, whether at 43 DT as a 3 technique, or as a 34 5 tech DE. He’s definitely not a 43 DE, and I don’t see enough power to be used as an anchor at NT.

Oklahoma (2018); Playing RE in a 34 defense, playing 43 DE in a 43 defense. Good diving effort on tackle of QB scrambling up the middle. Stack and shed on LT, able to roll off the block outside and get to the RB on off tackle run for a loss. The RT was trying to seal him outside for an inside run, RB decided to bounce it, it was a bad decision. Generally doing a solid job of stacking up RT Evans, which doesn’t require much, but he’s playing a nice contain and run defense on the edge. I say that and then he gets caught crashing down on a flea flicker and the QB was able to get around his edge for a chunk gain. Nice job stacking up the RT and shoving him back a little, RB bounced the run around his edge and Buggs just wasn’t quite able to make the play on him, he strung it out enough that his teammates limited the gain though. Doing a solid job of jumping and trying to interrupt passing lanes. Hasn’t always put effort into that in previous games. Excellent effort play where he tried to jump and swat down a screen to the FB, then he chased him down the field 20 yards. He wasn’t putting that type of effort in at all in the Mississippi game for example, he would have just shut down and started walking. I guess he’s all in this game. Able to get an angle on the LT on an arc rush for a minor pressure. Really no reason that should happen, he doesn’t have arc rush ability. Tackle on the RB on inside run, played contain, just flowed down the line when he read the inside run. Great play where he first held contain, then avoided the pulling RGs cut block attempt, and finally dove and tackled the RB on an inside run for a minimal gain. That was flawless. Best play from him I’ve seen to date. He played a vast majority of the snaps in this game, probably north of 80%, that’s more than usual as well. Thought this was his best game, he played hard the entire way through and that makes a difference for sure. It bothers me how lazy he was in the Ole Miss game however. I’m sure that had a lot to do with blowing them out in the 1st quarter, but still, I prefer to see max effort anytime someone is on the field.

TLDR:
                    Effort aside, he plays a pretty solid contain on the outside, has decent athleticism for his size, and the strength/stoutness aspect appeared to be very average. I think Combine numbers will be extra informative with him since he played out of position at times at 43 DE, they kind of help with the projection of what he could eventually be as an inside DT in a 43. He had enough tape though to show he can play 34 DE just fine. Don’t really want him two gapping, but in a one gap scheme, decent starter or quality depth. Did not see any real quickness or pass rush ability to suggest he’s more than just a functional all around defender, but probably a little better against the run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post

The problem is the pace. I did not have time to get prepared before, and its not going slowly at all to catch up. I am sure glad you all like it. I hate it. Absolutely hate it, and the lack of user participation over the picks anymore. That was what was fun for me. Learning more about the picks and why people did it. Now, its just pick and get on with it. What kind of interaction is that? Outcome based BS to me with nothing of the process sucks.
                      I’ll take your spot if you don’t want to play anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post
                        6-8 picks a day and 2 guys get discussed and usually its all about where MUG has them rated and less and less about what guys think of the fit for their team and how they will contribute.
                        This is true. Perhaps a requirement could be added that every pick must come with justification/explanation, to help facilitate some discourse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                          This is true. Perhaps a requirement could be added that every pick must come with justification/explanation, to help facilitate some discourse.
                          That's what we do in the selection thread already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

I’ll take your spot if you don’t want to play anymore.
                            oh snap

Comment

• Buggs is great value here. I like his ability to be a rotation guy right away

Comment

• I'm about 6 Harps deep right now. Excuse my random posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X