No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Orange Mane Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't it just be easiest to calculate the number of days needed to give every pick 6-8 hours, and then just lock in that amount of time per pick? Every pick would have a deadline of sorts, and there would be enough time to discuss anyone desired.

Comment

• The problem is if we did that people would go on and off the clock in the middle of the night and people are in various time zones.

The draft is going very quick. It will probably be over in another week. I don't see what the issue is.

Comment

• Originally posted by jebures View Post

you'll get nothing and like it!
        Ok, Judge Smails.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
          The problem is if we did that people would go on and off the clock in the middle of the night and people are in various time zones.

The draft is going very quick. It will probably be over in another week. I don't see what the issue is.
          The problem is the pace. I did not have time to get prepared before, and its not going slowly at all to catch up. I am sure glad you all like it. I hate it. Absolutely hate it, and the lack of user participation over the picks anymore. That was what was fun for me. Learning more about the picks and why people did it. Now, its just pick and get on with it. What kind of interaction is that? Outcome based BS to me with nothing of the process sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post

The problem is the pace. I did not have time to get prepared before, and its not going slowly at all to catch up. I am sure glad you all like it. I hate it. Absolutely hate it, and the lack of user participation over the picks anymore. That was what was fun for me. Learning more about the picks and why people did it. Now, its just pick and get on with it. What kind of interaction is that? Outcome based BS to me with nothing of the process sucks.
            well BPC and you upped the average wait time so it should be evening out. I review everyone's draft at the end boss. After each pick I make I count how many are up until I pick and make a top list with that many picks. It's not that hard.

Comment

• What are you talking about lack of user participation? What have we been discussing for weeks on end here about?

Comment

• Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                What are you talking about lack of user participation? What have we been discussing for weeks on end here about?
                6-8 picks a day and 2 guys get discussed and usually its all about where MUG has them rated and less and less about what guys think of the fit for their team and how they will contribute. I feel less prepared for the draft than I ever have prospect wise if INDY does not have interest in the players. Sure we talk, but less and less about the players themselves or rationale.

Comment

• I have two kids under 3 years old and a full time job and I do not have issues with time. I think the pace is wonderful.

Comment

• We've had a few 12 hour waits. I feel like there has been a lot of time to talk about the prospects, just only a few people are doing so. I'm doing my part. Always willing to engage and discuss, but I generally give all my thoughts and opinions on the write up for the pick. This draft did start pretty fast, but I would say it's been pretty slow the last two rounds, at least normal speed from previous years.

Comment

• Originally posted by jebures View Post
                      I have two kids under 3 years old and a full time job and I do not have issues with time. I think the pace is wonderful.
                      That is great for you, but you come into the draft with a 1000 player list, so kudos you are prepared and the pace would never be an issue. I work weird hours as a consultant and sometimes it helps, but it also wears me out. I looked at the board last night right before midnight and then passed out since I have barely slept all week. And 2 quick late night picks later once I woke up I had missed my pick. I was behind this year, granted and that does not help. But damn, it might just be me but its all about pace in the comments here and not about the picks themselves. And yes, I am a little grumpy and emotional right now because I am not enjoying this anymore.

Comment

• I'm not going to make my pick until you guys stop arguing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                          I'm not going to make my pick until you guys stop arguing.
                          Deal, but you have to change a few diapers when you are in sioux falls for the draft, might even include mine.

Comment

• OK, pick is in. I've taken Isaiah Buggs, DL from Alabama. The Eagles have Fletcher Cox and Malik Jackson on the interior, but I'm not sold on Bruce Hector or Treyvon Hester at all. Buggs' value here at this point in the draft is terrific and he will provide the Eagles' DL with some much-needed depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                              OK, pick is in. I've taken Isaiah Buggs, DL from Alabama. The Eagles have Fletcher Cox and Malik Jackson on the interior, but I'm not sold on Bruce Hector or Treyvon Hester at all. Buggs' value here at this point in the draft is terrific and he will provide the Eagles' DL with some much-needed depth.
                              Hester is solid, hector meh. Cox is a stud. If Malik plays like he did before his payday he will be awesome. Was kind of disapointed denver didnt re-sign him.

Comment

• Med, if you have time for 2 AM business meetings in Indianapolis then you should have enough time to prepare. The draft started about the same time it always does, it's not like we started right after the East West Shrine game or anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X