Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give the Seahawks some picks so this goes faster

Comment

• Alright, Med missed his pick, Lukeb is up.

Comment

• Man I checked last night and passed out. I’ll pick in 10 minutes.

Comment

• With the 135th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS select:

LB BOBBY OKEREKE, STANFORD

Bobby Okereke is the #64 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

LB BOBBY OKEREKE STANFORD

Oregon (2018): Playing ILB in a 34 defense, OLB in 43 looks. Press man coverage on the TE lined up in slot, solid coverage on slant route. Walled off outside by TE on short inside TD run. Coverage sack on long looping delayed blitz around the edge, QB held it forever. Lots of zone coverage drops. Seems like mostly a run and chase, space outside LB. Has mostly been pushed around and blocked by the OGs and TEs in the running game. Run blitz up the A gap, entire lined was down blocking, able to shoot through the vacated OC’s gap, LG too slow to get over, and smashed RB for a loss. Continues to mostly just try and run around blockers. Definitely your stereotypical WLB, solid athlete, a little undersized, more of a space and coverage LB as opposed to a run stuffer that dominates in the box. Okereke is best when dropped in coverage or just roaming around the field. Solid burst to and wrap up on the outlet receiver from his zone drop. Excellent job flowing off different receivers crossing his zone, when he switched, he made the QB pull the ball down and take a sack. Charging into the hole on off tackle run, got knocked on his butt by the pulling RT. Missed tackle on RB on off tackle run, looked hesitant, tried to arm tackle him from the side instead of squaring him up, RB just chugged right through it. Missed tackle on WR weaving through secondary, just got juked. Solid job reading inside run, really passive to the hole, but made tackle on RB for no gain. Missed tackle on WR in center of field, play resulted in 15 yard TD. WR just put a big time jump cut on him when he went for the tackle. Driven seven yards off the line by the LT on off tackle run. Being stout against the run is something he is not. This style of LB is one that just never impresses me, but the NFL loves LBs that can run and cover. Okereke can do that to some degree. Reminds me a lot of Fred Warner form last year, and he went in the 3rd round. Something to keep in mind.

Notre Dame (2018): Playing OLB in 43 defense, ILB in 34 looks, stays on field for nickel. Nice read and react on inside run, able to duck and squeeze through the line to stuff the RB short on 3rd down. Read, react, smashed RB for no gain on 4th down. Came unblocked right up the gut through the hole. Two really nice plays against the run, something he didn’t do against Oregon. Able to dance around the LG and tackle the RB on off tackle run for short gain. Pancaked by TE as the key block on long TD run up the middle. Solid job pushing off the RG at the second level and redirecting to help tackle the RB for minimal gain. Great read on inside run, went straight to the hole and whiffed on his tackle of the RB, was his normal mistake where he tries to arm tackle from the side instead of squaring up, RB just chugged right through arm tackle. Blitz up middle, trucked the RB in pass pro, QB pressure. Has blitzed a fair amount in this game, mostly just runs into a blocker, doesn’t have any type of pass rush moves or the ability to get off blocks quickly. Would say very average at best as a blitzer. Has looked pretty good in coverage on the TEs, both in man and zone. That should be where he makes his money, as a LB that can cover. Play against the run started off strong in this game and then kind of fizzled out. Gets blocked too easily, doesn’t play aggressive enough, especially on his tackles at times. He’s still useful and effective at times, his instincts in terms of hitting the hole and knowing where the ball carrier is going are pretty good. You’d just like to see him be tougher and make hard tackles on a more consistent basis. I think he is a pure finesse LB that would probably prefer to avoid playing in the box. Very curious about his speed and athleticism, he looks above average, but he’s had trouble chasing these RBs to the sideline in lateral pursuit at times. If he times slow, his draft stock plummets, nobody wants a slow space LB. Has been fairly useless at times in this game when playing in the box, if he can’t run around the blockers, he gets erased from the play, sometimes driven back so far it’s laughable. Most of the time he can’t run around the blockers or shoot gaps. Unblocked on blitz until RB picked him up, QB pressure. Solid read and react wrap up tackle on RB for short gain, no blockers to deal with that time. ND just ran clock in the 4th in this blow out, some stat padding on assisted tackles on inside after inside run. Had one more missed tackle on the RB in that time. I think Okereke is a very obvious evaluation, now it just comes down to measurements and understanding the range of his coverage abilities as a LB. That should directly correlate to draft position. I expect solid, not great times, maybe a tad above average.

Pittsburgh (2018): Playing ILB in base nickel, some OLB in 43 looks, mostly in nickel this game. LT able to get on him and wall him off from inside run. Unable to fall off block in time on off tackle run, missed tackle on RB. Walled off and driven back by the RG on inside run. Showing well in zone coverage drops, flowed with receiver to sideline, made QB throw it away. Read, react, and stuff on RB on sweep, no blockers, just able to charge through hole. His instincts are good, he can make plays if blockers are kept off of him. Blitz up the middle untouched for a sack, just ran completely over the RB, QB held the ball a little too long as well. Shoved out of an off tackle run by the TE, big play. Off tackle run, helped on tackle, no attempt to wrap up, just gave him the shoulder. Solid read and react, got engulfed by the LG in the hole, on off tackle run. Decent job falling off the OCs block at second level and making tackle on RB after short gain. Showing excellent coverage on the TE, getting some man opportunities and he’s in their hip pocket on crossing routes and slants. Spent most of the second quarter getting destroyed by the OL with second level blocks, eventually had a short TD run where he was walled off outside by the pulling LT. Blitz up middle, ran through RB again, destroyed the QB. That blitz looked quick, and he hit the QB hard. Solid job taking on the pulling LT in the hole on off tackle run, able to stack him up and tackle the RB for no gain. Good play. Struggling again versus the run in the final quarter, had a bad whiff in the hole on off tackle run, just completely missed the RB. Has been driven out of the play at least ten yards on multiple plays now by the OL on inside runs. Great man coverage on RB on wheel route up the seam, even took a false step on the playaction, still able to recover and lock it down. Blitz up A gap, able to beat the LG up the gap, RB able to pick him up and push him wide, but serious heat on the QB forced him into an incomplete pass.

TLDR:
          Tape after tape, same exact thing. Very hit or miss in the running game, can make some nice plays, but gets pushed around a lot. Probably a liability if anything. Excellent as a coverage LB, erases RBs and TEs at times. Going to say he’s a solid blitzer, he mostly just runs forward as fast as he can from his nickel ILB spot, that results in him steam rolling the RB, getting stonewalled by an interior OL, or beating an OG to the inside gap. Probably gets pressure or a sack on roughly half his blitz attempts. That’s solid. Athleticism looks above average to me. Think he’s your typical WLB prospect, can play the coverage role inside in a 34 defense as well. Solid player, skillset is in demand.

Comment

• I have never missed a pick in 15 years of doing this. I looked last night and there were 2 people in front of me. I HATE this pace and probably am done after this year. I do not have the time for this, but am trying to keep up and not able anymore. Plus, I still have no time to debate picks and players. DAMMIT!

Comment

• With the 136th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the DALLAS COWBOYS select:

WR DAVID SILLS, WEST VIRGINIA

David Sills is the #179 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

WR DAVID SILLS WEST VIRGINIA

Tennessee (2018): Playing outside WR. RWR, zone coverage, intermediate slant, 15 yard gain. Nothing fancy there, just a solid route against a soft zone and powered through some tackles for a couple extra yards. RWR, zone, inside slant, easy 10 yard TD and Sills dropped the ball. RWR, zone coverage, quick out route, saw the zone outside, optioned his route back to an inside slant, DBs weren’t expecting that, 10 yard gain. Thought that was a nice route on the double move. RWR, zone, intermediate crosser, 15 yard gain. Phenomenal blocker in the run game, very active, holds his blocks. RWR, zone, Go route, just ran right by the safety, high pointed the ball with a nice hands catch in full stride for the 30 yard TD. Slot, wheel route, back shoulder throw, Sills didn’t really make an athletic attempt at the catch, just kind of let it go without trying. That throw didn’t look that bad, a little high, I’ve watched at least 20 WRs make that exact catch or at least sell out to try on balls worse than that. So, something to keep an eye, specifically ability to contort his body and make athletic catches often on back shoulder sideline throws. RWR, off man, comeback route, 10 yard gain. Sills runs solid routes, everything is pretty crisp, can stop start and pivot well for a bigger WR. RWR, press man, just ran through the jam around the CB on Go route, got a step, nice hands catch in stride, able to get YAC, but not a dynamic runner in space, just kind of a lanky long strider, 40 yard gain. Replays showed he got away with intentionally running out of bounds to get around that jam, should have been a flag. A big guy like this should not have to finesse the jam. LWR, off man, inside slant, 10 yard TD. Tennessee barely offering a pass defense at times. Tape was ok, thought his hands looked solid despite a drop, his route running is pretty crisp. Biggest concern is a possible lack of athleticism, need to see him contort and make some difficult catches. Straight line guys don’t have much value unless they have elite speed. Sills definitely does not, though it may be above average.

Iowa State (2018): Playing outside WR. Solid blocking on bubble screen. LWR, zone coverage, quick out route, 10 yard gain. Nice, sharp route on that, the DB was surprised and slipped trying to drive up on the play. My impression of Sills at this point is that he’s a big bodied possession WR, his route running is pretty good, his hands are good, I like him in the intermediate and short area of the field. Not sold on him as a downfield threat yet. Slot, zone, corner fade, got the initial separation due to the confusion with stacking multiple WRs, DBs had a little trouble sorting it out after the snap. On the corner fade, Sills did a good job shielding the CB with his body and making the contested over the shoulder catch in the back of the end zone for a 20 yard TD. That still looked like a big body possession WR play. Good to know Sills can track the ball over his shoulder while positioning himself against the CB though. RWR, off man, comeback route, flat out drop by Sills, ball a little low, but easily catchable. Iowa State is destroying Sills in physical press coverage, just like the Tennessee guy, Sills is getting shoved out of bounds and tries to run around the jam only. This is a huge problem because he’ll face a ton of jams in the NFL. Sills not used deep in this game, even when West Virginia was behind late, all he did was run short slants as a check down, but by that point Grier was just launched bombs every throw to try and catch up. Once again, I get through a tape, and I’m more concerned about Sills’ athleticism and playmaking ability than I was before I started. He looks very limited to me. I think he has decent hands and runs solid routes, but he might be the type of guy that requires the QB to put the ball right on him in order to catch it. Catch radius a legit concern.

TCU (2018): Playing outside WR. Slot, off man, drag route, unable to catch somewhat hard pass by Grier, should have been caught, a little bit out in front and probably harder than expected, but at this point if Sills catches anything not put directly on him, I’m going to be surprised. RWR, off man, inside slant, QB held onto the ball a bit and Sills pivoted into a comeback for a 10 yard gain. Solid catch in traffic. Continues to be rock solid as a blocker on running plays and especially screens. RWR, zone, dig route, left wide open and able to turn up field for some decent YAC, 20 yard gain, 15 of it YAC. Swing pass in the flat, made first guy miss with a nice side step, only able to get a couple yards on play though. RWR, off man, inside slant, CB with sticky coverage and swatted ball away. Slot, zone coverage, intermediate slant, Sills slipped on his break and had the ball go through his hands. RWR, zone coverage, sluggo route, actually pulled away from the DB and then dropped the long over the shoulder catch. Was a perfect pass, maybe the sun got in his eyes. Who knows. RWR, zone coverage, out route, 10 yard gain on the sideline. RWR, press man, CB blitzed, Grier saw it and immediately threw it over him to Sills who hitched when his guy blitzed, 10 yard gain on the play. Off man, inside slant, had to reach for the ball a smidgen and had it clang off his hands. At this point, Sills occasionally shows the ability to pluck the ball, but his hands are suspect. A possession WR with suspect hands. You do the math on that to determine his draft value. RWR, press man, curl route, ball a little low and outside, Sills did adjust and dive for it, but it clanged off both of his hands. That has to be a catch as well. Screen pass, nice stiff arm on first DB to shove him in the dirt, able to get 10 YAC on the play. LWR, press man, no jam, inside slant for 5 yard TD. Solid wiggle at the line to freeze the DB enough to get a clean inside release. Tape was bad though, too many drops.

TLDR:
              Overall, big bodied possession WR with iffy hands and even more questionable catch radius. Basically dropped or missed every pass not thrown picture perfect to him on these tapes. Was routinely destroyed by the jam, he has no idea how to beat it. Doesn’t use his hands at all. Speed and athleticism are average, maybe a tick above for a bigger WR. Has red zone and fade route potential, but really requires an accurate QB to put the ball right on him. There’s just nothing here I would spend significant draft capital on. I wonder if he would even be a top prospect at all if it wasn’t for Grier’s accuracy and tendency to throw to him on the goal line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post
                I have never missed a pick in 15 years of doing this. I looked last night and there were 2 people in front of me. I HATE this pace and probably am done after this year. I do not have the time for this, but am trying to keep up and not able anymore. Plus, I still have no time to debate picks and players. DAMMIT!
                Well, whatever you are doing, you just got a massive steal with Okereke. Massive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Well, whatever you are doing, you just got a massive steal with Okereke. Massive.
                  BPA the last 2 picks. They were the top 2 guys left on my board and have solid press behind them as well. Okereke is a Colts Cover 2 LB. Weaker against the run, but with traits and the smarts to get better and outstanding in zone coverages. Also, he is better filling a single gap concept than taking on blockers at this point. So BPA, and hopefully can play in this system right away. Having him and Leonard on the field with Tillery and Nelson additions should bolster Defense exponentially in the run game. Plus, we got Justin Layne to pair with Pierre Desir on the back end. Defense already looks improved and we got 2 major weapons for Luck with Harmon and Hardman. The killer H's (that's bad).

Comment

• Med you're not allowed to quit this mock next year. You're one of the cornerstones of this draft

Comment

The killer H's (that's bad).
                      You'll have to draft another and go for Triple H.

Comment

I have never missed a pick in 15 years of doing this. I looked last night and there were 2 people in front of me. I HATE this pace and probably am done after this year. I do not have the time for this, but am trying to keep up and not able anymore. Plus, I still have no time to debate picks and players. DAMMIT!
                        I’ve been doing this for 15 years too. The first pick ever (that I remember) was watermock picking Big Ben #1 overall over Eli Manning and Philip Rivers.

Comment

• Just got back from shopping and running errands. I have a few offers (trade) to look at, but I plan picking in 15 minutes if I don't like the offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                            Just got back from shopping and running errands. I have a few offers (trade) to look at, but I plan picking in 15 minutes if I don't like the offers.
                            you'll get nothing and like it!

Comment

• With the 137th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the ATLANTA FALCONS select:

RB MIKE WEBER, OHIO STATE

Mike Weber is the #169 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

RB MIKE WEBER OHIO STATE

Michigan State (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Screen in the flat, tackled immediately for no gain. Nice cut block in pass pro on DB coming off the edge on a blitz. Solid job again picking up safety blitz around the edge in pass pro. RB sweep for a decent gain, everything was well blocked. Weber doesn’t look fast or explosive, he doesn’t look shifty either. Seems like just a thicker guy with average speed and not much in terms of moves. Has been absolutely stuffed the entire first half. Does not cut or change direction well, has to slow himself down in like a rolling stop to try and cut back. Ohio State does line him up in the slot and out wide a fair amount, though he hasn’t actually gotten a look from the QB yet. Weber continues to look incredibly average. Speed and athleticism are nothing special for sure, vision looks decent, he sees cut back and lanes and openings, he’s just a little limited on how he gets there. I was thinking he might be a bit of a power back with his thicker legs, but he goes down fairly easy as well. Was used extensively in the 4th quarter with OSU running clock. Generally just ran to the line and got tackled, but had a couple solid runs where he showed some leg drive and converted some first downs. Able to spin off the DT and fall forward for a 2 yard TD to truly ice the game away. Not impressed at all though. Wasn’t used in the passing game, just as a decoy or someone to run clear out routes. Nothing remotely close to an elite trait as a RB. Pass pro looked pretty solid at least. I think he can play in the NFL, but he’s the definition of an average NFL caliber RB. And most of the time, those guys don’t get drafted high, if at all.

Michigan (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Nice job in pass pro picking up safety blitz. Tried to hit him on a wheel route out of the back field, LB able to knock ball away. Tried to hit him on another wheel route to the other side of the field and overthrew the ball. I don’t think Weber looks all that natural trying to catch the ball over his shoulder. Definitely lacks a second gear to try and speed up to catch it. Off tackle run, tried to bounce it outside, just seems to lack any semblance of burst or agility to make people miss. Run up middle, tried a spin move, got stuffed. His spin move isn’t really to make people miss as much as it is to just try and roll off their tackle attempt. Keep trying to hit him on wheel routes in this game, keep failing to do so. This last one was just overthrown completely, but some of that is because Weber just can’t separate from the LBs. Swing pass in the flat for a yard. Nice lead chop block on ILB on designed QB run. I think Weber is a fine blocker in all aspects. Had an interesting run to start the second half where he showed some degree of agility to avoid tacklers, he was stuffed for a loss on the run, but the effort was encouraging. Read option pitch for an easy 1 yard TD untouched. Inside run, good vision to see a crease to the outside, found himself in the clear, and took off for a long gain. Was caught from behind fairly easily though, his overall speed just doesn’t look that great. Tough inside run where he used his spin to roll off the LB and fall forward for a few extra yards. Same run as the big one earlier, this one for about ten yards. He just runs inside and then cuts outside, the blocking has been excellent on those runs. Same exact run for a third time, same side of the field, same everything, and the result is the same once again. Weber runs inside, cuts off his blockers, finds himself wide open off the LT and races for a chunk gain. All three of those runs, which were the vast majority of his yards in this entire game, he did nothing but take three steps forward and then cut outside into the clear. If he had more speed, he probably would have housed two of them. Still not seeing anything, outside his pass pro, that makes him an enticing draft option. He’s very average, mostly just gets what is blocked. Doesn’t really catch the ball, has only the slow spin move, does not make people miss. Speed looks like a 4.55 – 4.6 guy (He was faster, 4.47). He gets caught from behind every time.

Washington (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Three nice inside runs early in the first quarter in this game. He looks his best when he goes north south off the exchange. He doesn’t have any wiggle, but he can make subtle cuts while running upfield which can get defenders to take poor angles. He continues to mostly just get what is blocked though. Flashing a little bit more speed in this game, actually running away from the LBs when he gets in the open field. That’s probably an indictment on the speed of the LBs, but Weber appears to be running faster to me as well. Swing pass for a decent gain, actually drove the safety back on the tackle attempt. I hate when he runs laterally or tries to do a broad cut to the outside, he seems to lose all his power and speed. He’s serviceable as a north south guy, needs to hit the hole full speed and do his subtle cut thing down the field, that’s what looks best. This is definitely his best tape though, even his spin move looks faster and more crisp. Looking pretty good on these inside runs, he’s breaking arm tackles, hopping over people on the ground, and generally just getting ten yard gains at will. Not sure if he was just more rested, or was dealing with an injury earlier in the season, but I thought Weber was a different runner in this game. He looks quick and somewhat elusive at times. Speed definitely looked a little better.

TLDR:
                              Overall, he’s still mostly just an average NFL RB, but he might be more athletic than I originally thought, and his pass pro ability makes him draftable for sure. How high probably depends on the measurables. Against Michigan State he looked more like a CJ Anderson type RB, but against Washington, he looked like he could create some yards all on his own. Curious to see his size as well, he looked more stocky, especially in the thighs earlier in the season. I think he might have slimmed down for the bowl game. Whatever he did, the bowl game was considerably better tape. Never got to see his hands in action really, but his ability in pass pro makes him a three down back. Would say he’s mostly a slasher style back with a little bit of power, he doesn’t really run people over or move the pile that often though. Have a wide grade range on him, going to let the Combine measurements dictate the end of that spectrum he falls.

Comment

• Med will play next year. Remember, Scribe last year swore up and down he wasn't playing anymore and like I said he couldnt resist when it actually came to mock draft time.

Comment

Working...
                                X