Official 2019 Orange Mane Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
    Like... why would the risk of a guy going undrafted affect your overall ranking and evaluation of him?
    You keep missing this. I give my tape grade and where I would rank him minus the issue. And then I take him off my board because I don't want to risk losing a bazillion points in the draft game. All the good players that have a medical or off field issue are going to be listed on the Top 300 board just after the final pick starting at 255.

Comment

• I just want to have a beer someday with MUG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
        I give my tape grade and where I would rank him minus the issue. And then I take him off my board because I don't want to risk losing a bazillion points in the draft game. All the good players that have a medical or off field issue are going to be listed on the Top 300 board just after the final pick starting at 255.
        I just figured your rankings were for 'best overall', without the draft game factored in whatsoever.

Comment

I just figured your rankings were for 'best overall', without the draft game factored in whatsoever.
          MUG is like Littlefinger from GoT. He is always scheming.

Comment

• Well, if anyone comes to Jacksonville or if I make it out to Colorado ever again. I'll get together with anyone from this board.

And you see that jebures? If I lived in the Dakota region, you know what would be happening around late April? MUG and Req drinking beer, shooting the ****, and watching the draft!

Comment

Tape grade is. Board stack is obviously rushed together for the draft game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

There are 6 ILB's I would have taken over Long in that scenario and 1 OLB that I would use as a ILB over him.
                lulz

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post

MUG is like Littlefinger from GoT. He is always scheming.

Comment

Well, if anyone comes to Jacksonville or if I make it out to Colorado ever again. I'll get together with anyone from this board.

And you see that jebures? If I lived in the Dakota region, you know what would be happening around late April? MUG and Req drinking beer, shooting the ****, and watching the draft!
                    We'd be at Scarlett O'Hara's or the Northern and I'd be asking the ladies on the table tops to do their naked touchdown dances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

lulz
                      Long was not a good pick in that area, especially not considering the defense Fangio is aiming for. It was basically Langley.

Comment

• I'd have a draft party with everyone here besides Scribe, but I would ask his sister out on a date to join us. She probably knows football better than him!

Comment

I'd have a draft party with everyone here besides Scribe, but I would ask his sister out on a date to join us. She probably knows football better than him!
                          Oh please do. I fully expect you to turn into an upstanding individual, no drinking, no drugs, no swearing, just a pious lifestyle of fasting and going to church.

Comment

With the 129th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS select:

WR MECOLE HARDMAN, GEORGIA

Mecole Hardman is the #166 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

WR MECOLE HARDMAN GEORGIA

South Carolina (2018); Playing slot WR only. WR screen from the slot, able to jet around the outside flashing his speed to bust the first CB’s angle and then hurdled the safety at the end of the 30 yard play. He really chews up ground quickly. Off man coverage, out route from slot, short gain and got absolutely blasted by the DB. WR screen from the slot again, able to quickly elude initial tacklers and get up the sideline for 10 yards. Not effective at all in terms of blocking for the running game, the DBs treat him like a gnat. WR screen from the slot yet again, this time against zone, 5 yard gain, DB with solid wrap up tackle. And…surprise, another screen from the slot, this time to the other side of the field, CB was in off man coverage misjudged Hardman’s speed with his angle and once he whiffed on the tackle, that was all she wrote. Slot, off man coverage, inside slant, wide open, ball went elsewhere. WR screen from the slot for the millionth time, 10 yard gain. Georgia just ran clock in the 4th quarter of this blowout, Hardman is not used in the run game at all because he can’t block. He didn’t play that many snaps, for the amount of snaps he was in the game, he saw the ball on like 90% of them. Wasn’t sure what I was going to see with this prospect, I’ve heard a lot of talk about his speed and how dangerous he is. A little bit disappointed they didn’t use him deep or really ask him to run any route farther than five yards. With the extensive use of screen plays, he almost seemed like a gadget guy. Hope he’s used in a more diverse way on the following tapes.

LSU (2018); Playing slot and outside WR. Motion all the across the field to sideline from slot, Go route, ball went elsewhere. Slot, press man, able to side step the jam and get an outside release on Go route up sideline, had several steps but QB overthrew him. Off man, slot, stop route, ball went to RB, Hardman with some effort trying to block on the play but he just doesn’t have the size to hold the DBs at bay. Intermediate out route from slot, kind of gave up on his route thinking the QB wasn’t throwing his way, he did, and ball went incomplete over his head. Slot, off man coverage, skinny post from 20 yards out, perfect throw though contested tight coverage and Hardman just had it clang off his hands, though the CB did get an arm in there. I think it should have been caught. Slot, off man, Go route up seam, had safety over the top, QB went elsewhere. Slot, off man, stop route, easy catch for 10 yards. Zone, slot, intermediate out route, able to pluck the low throw to convert a 3rd and long. Nice hands catch. Outside WR, press man, no jam, outside release up sideline on Go route, back shoulder throw, Hardman spun back for it but dropped a relatively easy 20 yard completion. He can make some difficult catches, but he misses some relatively easy ones, very inconsistent hands. Jet sweep, stuffed for a loss, defense was ready for that. Well, I wanted more routes, and I got them. Now I just need Hardman to show more consistent hands, which is probably why he doesn’t get a lot of routes. Wasn’t used on screens in this game, which was strange due to how effective he was against South Carolina with them. For the most part on this tape, I saw a WR that wasn’t zeroed in. He had a couple bad drops and then he had the one route he quit on. If I’m a GM, and I am for our draft game, this is somebody I’m hesitant about drafting. His athleticism and speed is enticing, he is a legitimate weapon, but I’m struggling to figure out why he came out early, seems like he could use more seasoning to me.

Alabama (2018): Playing slot. Getting a fair amount of snaps early, most just short routes in the slot, but not getting any passes. Blocking a little bit in the run game, just as ineffective as before. Slot, zone coverage though they had a LB up on him at the line to try and jam, Hardman sliced inside the jam, post route, ball put right on him in the end zone despite tight coverage by the safety, and Hardman dropped the TD. Just bobbled it in and out of his hands. At this point, it’s fair to question whether Hardman can catch consistently at all. Motion from the slot, shovel pass, dropped that. He literally dropped the one yard shovel pass. This is an infuriating prospect. QB not throwing him the ball anymore now, and I don’t blame him. Hardman’s routes look pretty good, has a sharp cut to his slants and a suddenness with his curls. Decent block down field for Ridley running after a catch. Slot, quick out route, ball batted down at line. Intermediate out route from slot, off man coverage, CB able to jump the route and swat away the ball at catch point. Curl route form slot at end of game for 15 yards, literally only seconds left with a timeout remaining and Hardman has decided to be Rambo and try to fight through the tackle. Luckily DB was equally dumb and more determined to tackle him. Time out with three seconds left. I have serious doubts about Hardman’s football intelligence. This was bad tape only because Hardman proved he can’t catch reliably or really any pass that is down the field. Also, continued his infuriating tape of seemingly not knowing what to do or not caring, either that or he’s just bad.

TLDR:
                            His athleticism and speed is enticing, he is a legitimate weapon, but I’m struggling to figure out why he came out early, seems like he could use more seasoning to me. This is a workout warrior that is going to be over-drafted. It won’t be by me. Hardman is an unreliable slot WR that can make big plays, it’s just half of them will be for the other team. Buyer beware.
                            I honestly agree with your tape assessment and some of your rationale. He came out early, because the NFL loves his traits. He will start out similar to Tyreek Hill and be a specialty player and ST’s nightmare and hopefully work on his craft to be a legit NFL slot WR. I will help to have Hilton help him adjust to NFL schemes being a little guy. This is just the time to draft a project with this much talent in our OM mock draft. I think he goes 60-80 in real life and my highest graded player left. True BPA based on talent now not tape.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Oh please do. I fully expect you to turn into an upstanding individual, no drinking, no drugs, no swearing, just a pious lifestyle of fasting and going to church.
                              If your sister is that picky, I'm going to take a hard pass. That sounds like a nightmare of no fun ever.

Comment

If your sister is that picky, I'm going to take a hard pass. That sounds like a nightmare of no fun ever.
                                Romantic comedies, some sci fi and horror for you sir. No sports outside of Alabama Crimson Tide football. She hates FSU because they got rid of Bobby Bowden.

Comment

Working...
                                X