This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
    bpc is a former Division 1-A OL at the University of Hawaii so he prolly has a good eye for OL
    Wait... what?

Comment

• OMG, did socalorado trade for the selection and now he's not even here to pick? We're going to get two selections done today after bpc's 12 hours on the clock. This is lame-o. I'm good for taking our time, but we should be hitting around 10 selections per 24 hour period if we want to finish this on time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
        OMG, did socalorado trade for the selection and now he's not even here to pick? We're going to get two selections done today after bpc's 12 hours on the clock. This is lame-o. I'm good for taking our time, but we should be hitting around 10 selections per 24 hour period if we want to finish this on time.
        Just bad timing mate, we agreed the trade yesterday but he didn't want it posted until my pick was OTC. I've messaged him.

Comment

OMG, did socalorado trade for the selection and now he's not even here to pick? We're going to get two selections done today after bpc's 12 hours on the clock. This is lame-o. I'm good for taking our time, but we should be hitting around 10 selections per 24 hour period if we want to finish this on time.
          You got what you wanted, just a more extreme version. There is a reason why they say be careful what you wish for.

Comment

• Socalorado moved up right in front of Scribe.

Some savagery and thievery going on now.

Comment

Socalorado moved up right in front of Scribe.

I doubt we are targeting the same player. I'm so confident in that I already have the prospect picture and everything ready.

Comment

Socalorado moved up right in front of Scribe.

SAVAGE PICK IS IN

Comment

We made the trade yesterday. But i had a dentist app and i couldnt do anything.
                  Sorry, guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

SAVAGE PICK IS IN
                    Nice pick. Justice Hill is TD's favorite back in the draft. I would be fine with Broncos spending a day 3 pick on a RB in real life. This will be Booker's last year and he has also banged up quite a bit. That combined with Lindsay coming off injury it would make a lot of sense.

Comment

• With the 101st overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS make a daring trade up to select;

RB JUSTICE HILL, OKLAHOMA STATE

Justice Hill is the #78 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

RB JUSTICE HILL OKLAHOMA STATE

Oklahoma (2017): Playing shotgun only scheme. 30 yard TD on off tackle run where he looked an awful lot like Warrick Dunn, with a spin move and then just seamlessly transitioning into cutting into a hole and weaving down the field. Play called back by penalty, but that was a wow run. This guy is a jitterbug, moves on moves, very difficult to get ahold of him. Has excellent feet, stutter step and cutting ability are legit weapons and very sudden. Not very good inside, unless he spins off the tackle, he runs into a wall, he goes down. 6 yard TD run up the middle, well, if there is a crease, he’s going to pop it. Similar to Phillip Lindsay in that regard. Doesn’t always hit the hole as consistently hard as Lindsay does, but he will slam it in there at times. Much more of an avoidance, make you miss runner than Lindsay’s might mite speed and power approach. I think Warrick Dunn is the right comparison. Chunk gain on inside draw where he put a huge cutback on the LB to break his ankles. Stoned at the goal line on multiple inside attempts. Just not his thing. Dude has some breath taking runs when he gets in space, his cuts and quickness are insane, so hard to tackle or take a good angle on. Absolute home run threat any time he touches it. Long speed looks good, not great, but the quickness is as elite as it gets. 30 yard draw untouched for a TD, just put on the burners and was untouched. That thing I said about his long speed not being great, scratch that, it’s great. This entire game is basically a high light reel. His cut back runs, which are numerous, are something to see. Pretty scrappy and solid so far in pass pro. Off tackle run where he absolutely just trucked the safety at full speed. This guy is a badass. Ran an intermediate crossing route from the slot, had the ball clang off his hands for an INT. Hasn’t been used at all in the passing game, maybe that is why. Absolutely electric runner though.

Kansas (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Some big cut back runs early, his stop start ability is excellent. He makes people miss and run into each other effortlessly. Just lots of quick cuts wiggles. Showing some toughness with his hard chip blocks and also trying to power through tacklers for an extra yard or two. His speed is electric, might be talking about a 4.35 or 4.4 flat guy. Finishes his runs strong down the field, lowers head and plows into the tackler. Start stop ability is as elite as it gets and he gets up to full speed quickly. Does this thing where he sort of ducks the tackler and squirts out the backside fairly frequently. 15 yard TD run off tackle with some nice cuts before powering through the secondary guys at the goal line. He runs hard, but generally struggles on the short yardage inside runs. Chunk gain on off tackle run he cut back inside at the line and shot out like a cannon down the middle of the field. Really good balance when he spins out of tackles, which he does a lot, and when he comes out of his spins, he’s seemingly already bursting down the field. Ran out the clock late, they just couldn’t bottle him up. He’s an electric RB, smaller size, but still runs tough. Best in space. Once again not used in the passing game which is a big disappointment. He’s some type of mix of Phillip Lindsay and Warrick Dunn. A jitterbug like Dunn with excellent cut back ability, but runs with the immediate burst and surprising power that Lindsay does. He’s going to be a star in the NFL, no doubt. Might have to play in a committee though if he can’t catch. If he can be a force in the passing game, look out.

Texas (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Swing pass for no gain, tackled immediately. Nice job in pass pro, got knocked over, but he stoned the blitzer. Off tackle run he almost busted for a long TD, instead got about 30 yards. Just a nice sharp cut, a little wiggle, and pure speed up the sideline. He’s such a great natural runner, he has great field vision, if a crease opens up he can cut at full speed to any degree necessary to get to that crease. Seems to just run at a speed above everyone else, only way to stop him is to pen him in or push him out of bounds. They have another bigger RB that he basically platoons with, that guy is pretty good as well and he’s getting most of the short yardage stuff so far. Makes sense. Crazy run where he was going on a sweep one way, got facemasked and almost yanked to the ground, kept his balance and spun back the opposite way and raced for a chunk gain up the other side of the field. He’s just a jitterbug, can go any direction at any time at full speed on the drop of a dime. Brought his lunch pail for this one, Texas is getting good penetration but hard running and some nice spin moves keeps him getting about 5 ypc when he should be stuffed on half of these. He’s good in pass pro, awesome chop block on safety charging up the A gap on blitz, he walloped him. Swing pass, made a few people miss, picked up a key 1st down. Another great chop block on a blitz in pass pro. This adds to his value a lot, he’s dependable on passing downs, just not much of a threat as a receiving option outside short stuff. Dump off pass for short gain. Some high effort inside runs late, spinning out of tackles and trying to push the pile. This was a huge upset win for Oklahoma State, Cornelius and Wallace were nuts, but Hill was probably the key cog in the victory as well. Workman-like day sprinkled with a few awesome chunk runs. Used in the passing game a little bit more finally, but still limited to swing and dump off passes. The guy is electric and he’s a good in pass pro. If a team wants a Phillip Lindsay, Matt Breida, or Tarik Cohen type runner, this is the guy. I still think he profiles very similarly to Warrick Dunn.

TLDR:
                      He’s an electric RB, smaller size, but still runs tough. Best in space. Once again not used in the passing game which is a big disappointment. He’s some type of mix of Phillip Lindsay and Warrick Dunn. A jitterbug like Dunn with excellent cut back ability, but runs with the immediate burst and surprising power that Lindsay does. He’s going to be a star in the NFL, no doubt. Might have to play in a committee though if he can’t catch. If he can be a force in the passing game, look out.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

We made the trade yesterday. But i had a dentist app and i couldnt do anything.
                        Sorry, guys.
                        You guys need to keep me up to date on draft lingo and code words.

I didn't know "dentist appointment" meant keep the trade silent until you are OTC so Scribe can be lulled into a false sense of security and it will be too late for him to move up since he won't figure out the savagery going on behind the scenes until its too late.

Comment

• Scribe was never going to take Hill though, they already have a scatback type RB in Lamar Jackson.

Comment

I didn't know "dentist appointment" meant keep the trade silent until you are OTC so Scribe can be lulled into a false sense of security and it will be too late for him to move up since he won't figure out the savagery going on behind the scenes until its too late.
                            Crosby was who I was taking all along once Sanders went off the board.

Comment

Scribe was never going to take Hill though, they already have a scatback type RB in Lamar Jackson.
                              I wasn't moving up in front of Scribe necessarily. I do this. I did it last year with Penny at the end of the 2nd.
                              Too many really good drafters in front of the 107th pick.

Comment

Savagery>Dentist

Comment

Working...
                                X