This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Is he fast on tape or are you just seeing him be fast on tape because he's what you like to see on tape...
    Not sure what you mean, I like fast, aggressive, tackling, coverage LBs with good tape. You watch White and Bush, then watch Joseph, not that big of a gap. Pretty big gap from there to the rest of the LBs though.

But you decide on speed. Mixed in with these highlights are plays he sacks the QB in a second flat on the blitz, some good coverage drops, and just general overall speed to the ball. Starts off a little slow though for the first minute. Probably best quick highlight reel to get a feel for him.

No idea how to embed a video, so will see if this works.

Comment

• Come on bpc

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Not sure what you mean, I like fast, aggressive, tackling, coverage LBs with good tape. You watch White and Bush, then watch Joseph, not that big of a gap. Pretty big gap from there to the rest of the LBs though.

But you decide on speed. Mixed in with these highlights are plays he sacks the QB in a second flat on the blitz, some good coverage drops, and just general overall speed to the ball. Starts off a little slow though for the first minute. Probably best quick highlight reel to get a feel for him.

No idea how to embed a video, so will see if this works.

I was being cheeky because sometimes what you see on tape isn't a reality. The eyes see, the ears hear, the mind believes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
          Come on bpc
          BPC pulling his UDFA schtick from last year, going to show up 5 minutes after his time runs out. Watch.

Comment

• Just like all of us loser scouts TDN qualifications are that they did this as a hobby and now have jobs doing it online. Props to them, no idea what they make as it has to be insignificant but good on them for pursuing their dreams.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
              There was one evaluator Med and I had a lot of respect for. The guy either knew his stuff or he was getting good inside info from Scouts around the league. Anyone remember Nolan Nawrocki? Nolan used to bring out a draft planner about a month before the draft with the exact round he though every draftable player would go in.
              I loved Nawrocki! Bought his book every year, it always arrived shortly after the mock draft and I would curse it lol. Shame he got run out of town.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBronco View Post

I loved Nawrocki! Bought his book every year, it always arrived shortly after the mock draft and I would curse it lol. Shame he got run out of town.
                He legit stopped doing it because of the newton thing Damn

Comment

• Originally posted by jebures View Post

He legit stopped doing it because of the newton thing Damn
                  I always figured that was the case, he just kind of dropped off the face of the earth. Worst part is he was right about Newton, he's a complete phony and the Broncos proved in SB50.

Comment

• A lot of people sounded racist when they were going at Cam Newton because of the way they phrased things about him and yet praised lesser prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBronco View Post

I always figured that was the case, he just kind of dropped off the face of the earth. Worst part is he was right about Newton, he's a complete phony and the Broncos proved in SB50.
                      You just described 90% of the NFL.

Comment

Well, I saw a tweet a few minutes ago from a UF reporter at the closed to the public Gator Pro Day, and my "first round" LB Vosean Joseph has refused to run the 40 for no apparent reason, and is apparently going to just not run it prior to the draft. Awesome! Either an NFL team has already told him he's going to be selected very high in the draft and not to worry about it, or he's an idiot. The odds are very much stacked behind door #2.

This annoys me though. The guy is a former defensive back, he's clearly fast on tape. What the hell? Run your 40 dude!
                        Shades of that safety the Chargers got in the first last year...I'm totally spacing on his name. Guy was supposed to be a top 10 pick and I think he turned a lot of teams off by flaking on all the testing. Weird flex but ok.

Comment

• Well, if he turns out as effective as Derwin James, all is forgiven.

Seriously guys, if you can, watch that 10 minute highlight and throw some thoughts. If we don't get White or Bush in the first, I think Joseph is the next best LB option in a relatively poor draft. Plus, we still have a few hours until BPC misses his pick.

Comment

• Lol....I knew it. Scribe will defend Newton to the end.....dude is an Auburn homer thru and thru.

The Broncos broke him mentally and he's never been the same. We exposed him as a self-promoting overrated arrogant jerk.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Nolan was with PFW, right?

TDN guys have a lot of odd takes, out there takes -- so when they are very wrong, they will have to own them, but what they have done as far as content goes and making their website interactive, plus all their social media stuff is great. Giving them kudos for making a hobby into a full-time thing for them.

Comment

Well, if he turns out as effective as Derwin James, all is forgiven.

Seriously guys, if you can, watch that 10 minute highlight and throw some thoughts. If we don't get White or Bush in the first, I think Joseph is the next best LB option in a relatively poor draft. Plus, we still have a few hours until BPC misses his pick.
                                Joseph can't even read. Don't want.

Comment

Working...
                                X