X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Third.

And good luck figuring out my board fellas, I looked at ZERO draft sites when I stacked it. It's all pure tape with a little sprinkle of pre-draft process and a dash of draft history tendencies. It's also probably completely inaccurate, so if I like your selection, you might be in trouble.
    In other words Socal is celebrating too soon.

Comment

• There's a run on Mileses!

Comment

• With the 98th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the TENNESSEE TITANS select;

RB MILES SANDERS, PENN STATE

Miles Sanders is the #55 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

RB MILES SANDERS PENN STATE

Ohio State (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Used as a wildcat QB. Has a squatty lower body build, but has some suddenness and cutting ability to him. Outside run, LB ran right up to cut him off, Sanders slammed on the breaks and sliced up field underneath him for a decent gain. Decent lead block on designed outside QB run, sealed off the OLB inside. Mostly getting read option runs up the middle, Sanders is running hard but just nowhere to go. He is driving his legs and getting something every time though at least. Stays on the field all three downs, usually gets flexed out on passing downs but then motions back to help in pass pro. More often than not, Sanders is used in pass pro on passing downs but generally leaks out as an outlet option after blocking. In at wild cat, read option with the QB as the RB, kept ball around sideline and showed some wiggle and burst on decent gain. Solid job picking up safety blitz up the middle, stoned him cold. Wheel route up the sideline, good speed, unable to make a one handed grab on a slightly overthrown ball. Popped on read option play inside, ball came flying out, OSU recovered. Decent patience using his pulling OG on off tackle run, waiting for him to engage before cutting off his block, shows some toughness and leg drive trying to power through tackles and grind out every yard. Decent job in pass pro coming across and blocking LB blitzing off the edge. Swing pass to RB in the flat, flashed enough speed to get around the edge and pick up a decent gain. Swing pass in flat, smashed immediately by LB, nothing he could do on that. Draw up middle for solid gain, shows some vision and shiftiness, speed looks good, not great. Blown up by the LB on blitz off edge in pass pro, shoved back into QB, led to a sack. LB flexed on him. Great job powering in for a short score down near goal line, they had him stopped short but he has some serious leg drive. That squatty build helps in short yardage. Solid seal block on ILB on designed QB draw. Tough game for Sanders, was largely bottled up at the handoff point. Thought he ran with toughness and showed good power and agility. Hit or miss in pass pro, not really very effective with his short pass opportunities either.

Wisconsin (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. 10 yard gain on an inside draw that he bounced out around the edge and turned up the sideline. Has a little bit of a serpentine weave to him as he goes up the field, looks fluid, very natural. Not an easy target, always wiggling, has some jitterbug to him. Swing pass for decent gain, doesn’t have the elite speed to separate from the OLB, not seeing any type of second gear. Really athletic run where he was jumpcutting and juking defenders before leap frogging over another tackler, all for a 6 yard gain on 3rd and 1. That was a little Barry Sanders-ish. Quick outlet route, pushed out of bounds immediately. Really natural run on off tackle play he bounced outside, does a good job setting up blocks, runs with patience, glides at times, just looks smooth. He’s just a natural RB, makes it all look easy. Read option up the middle, jump cut to the outside to make LBs miss, immediately gets up to full speed and races up sideline for chunk gain. The second gear doesn’t exist, but his first gear is instant and solid in terms of speed. Solid job powering down to goal line with leg drive, and then following that up with a dive over the top for the TD. Decent job picking up ILB on blitz up A gap, got shoved back a little and QB fled the pocket, but he walled the LB off to the outside. Decent lead block on LB on end around. Out route from the slot on 3rd and 5, nice extended hands catch, able to convert. Excellent blitz pickup against the DB looping between the LT and LG, stoned him cold. I really like Sanders as a runner, he runs really low, has good lean, it’s tough for LBs to get a good shot at his legs. Shows good balance, has an effective stiff arm, and just has a natural wiggle to him as he works up the field. Another nice A gap blitz pickup on the ILB. Inside run, solid cut, another hurdle over a tackler at the end, this time Sanders landed on his head. He might want to calm that down. He jumps pretty high out of nowhere though. Some sort of goofy miscommunication where he got pegged with the snap while going in motion towards the end of the game for a lost fumble. Overall though, good tape, Sanders isn’t so much a slasher as he is a big jitterbug with power. He looks good, can run through people and make them miss, solid in pass pro and receiving in this game.

Kentucky (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Nice job coming across and picking up CB on a slot blitz, completely erased him from the play. Arrow route in the flat, unable to make fairly easy catch. Excellent jump cut on 4th and 1 to make the LB miss and pick up the conversion. That was LT like, sudden and got good lateral depth. Big stiff arm on outside run, but lacks the speed to be very effective running laterally, DB able to drag him down anyway. Swing pass in the flat, able to show some power by charging through tacklers at the end. Run up middle on read option, good patience setting up blocks, continues to run with a permanent wiggle to him, seems like he can jump cut or bounce any direction at any time. Wildcat QB, fake to real QB, run up middle for decent gain. Nice job picking up DB blitz off the slot in pass pro. Excellent lead block on OLB on end around. Swing pass in flat, CB able to trip him up for minimal gain. Really nice inside run where he just kept juking LBs as he bounced to the outside while working down the field. Really love his running style, his ability to explode laterally almost instantly and get around defenders is borderline elite, if not elite. He just sets up his moves so well, nothing looks forced or planned, he runs like a tiny scatback in a big man’s body. Nice job in pass pro on LB up the A gap. Good tape though he didn’t get enough touches.

TLDR:
        Explosive player due to how elusive and unpredictable he can be on his runs. At his best when running inside with the option to instantly jump cut either directions on a whim. At his worst when stretched out laterally. He’s not slow, speed looks above average, but he’s not fast enough to burn around the edge consistently. Needs to get north south and work his magic. Advanced at setting up his blocks and being patient. Three down back with plus skills in pass pro, though still room for improvement, and plus hands, though not perfect and really only used on short outlet type routes. At this point of the evaluation process, he is probably my favorite RB in this draft. Nowhere near done with RBs though. Tough to really compare him to someone, I guess it would be a really poor man’s version of LaDainian Tomlinson. The jump cuts and permanent make you miss wiggle are similar.

Comment

• With the 99th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the LA RAMS select;

QB JARRETT STIDHAM, AUBURN

Jarrett Stidham is the #36 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

QB JARRETT STIDHAM AUBURN

Georgia (2017): Playing shotgun only scheme. Build looks pretty good, a little on the skinny side, but mostly filled out. Nice accurate throw on the run on rollout, arm looks solid. Does an excellent job with hiding the ball on playaction. Does a good job scanning the field and going through reads, pretty elusive in the pocket, definitely not a statue. Can be a threat to scramble. Under heavy pressure so far, hasn’t had a chance to actually sit in the pocket at all. Pretty nice throw rolling out and throwing across his body to try and hit a corner route in the back of the end zone from about 40 yards. Was incomplete, but pretty accurate for how difficult that throw was. Guy definitely has some arm talent. Has been very consistent with his ball placement on short stuff like swing passes and screens. He throws a pretty spiral on the deep passes, arm strength is good, not great, but his accuracy has been pretty dynamite. Hit a 50 yard post route for a TD, all in air into tight coverage. Looks solid working outside the numbers in the intermediate range. Flashed some solid speed on a designed QB sweep for a 10 yard TD. This guy is a plus athlete. 35 yard TD on a screen play where the WR did all the work, ball placement was on point once again though. 55 yard TD on a misdirection screen play to the RB where he just raced down the sideline for the score. Stats were pretty misleading because the numbers were largely bolstered by two long screen TDs. However, he did flash on some of his throws in this game. He looks to have the arm strength, the accuracy, and the athleticism that you look for in an NFL QB prospect. He also consistently went through his reads, didn’t make mistakes with the ball, and was pretty elusive against a ferocious pass rush. A lot to like here.

LSU (2018): Playing shotgun most of the time, some under center. Picked off on first throw of game, accurate roll out pass on a curl route, CB just jumped the route and made a nice play (14:25, Q1). Screen pass to RB, drop (9:51, Q1). Absolute bullet on intermediate crossing route, WR had it clang off his hands (9:47, Q1). Superb back shoulder throw down sideline for chunk gain (8:29, Q1). Chunk gain on Go route down opposite hash, nice throw again (7:52, Q1). Nice throw on intermediate out route to TE on 3rd down (7:40, Q2). Does a fine job working outside the numbers. Playaction pass, hit WR on intermediate slant route for a chunk gain, another absolute missile with excellent accuracy (7:13, Q2). Fifty yard bomb on Go route, overthrew him at the goal line by a few yards (7:00, Q2). Screen to the FB for a chunk gain, nice ball placement to hit him perfectly in stride (6:08, Q2). Inside slant from slot by RB, drop (3:40, Q2). That was probably going to be a big play, had some room to run. Incredible throw towards the end of the second quarter (3:30, 2Q) where he rolled out under pressure and rifled it back across his body to the WR at the sideline, just above the DBs reach. Nice play all around. Nice deep ball on Go route in end zone, CB able to knock it away. Some really nice screen plays at the end of the half and starting the second half to pick up some key first downs. Nice throw up the sideline to hit wide open RB on wheel route in stride for a chunk gain (11:35, 3Q). RPO keeper for a 10 yard TD on the next play, just enough athleticism to get outside and dive for the end zone. Aww, on review they placed it at the one foot line, no TD. Nice TD throw on rollout a few plays later (10:38, 3Q). Took handoff under center, playaction boot leg, hit TE for a nice gain (3:15, 3Q). INT on miscommunication with WR up sideline, he threw a back shoulder, WR went deep, easy pick (1:45, 3Q). Continues to be very safe with the ball, scans field, throws away on bootleg (14:30, 4Q). Following play, showed off some nice elusiveness in the pocket and athleticism on his scramble. Has looked good on roll out passes the majority of this game, good accuracy and touch (10:12, 4Q). Had a potential long TD on a Go route up sideline, Greedy Williams got away with a massive hold of the WR they showed during the replay, throw looked to be on point (8:35, 4Q). Elusiveness in pocket and trying to avoid the rush because his OL can’t block at all (6:20, 4Q). LSU kept the ball the final 6 minutes and kicked a field goal at the buzzer. Loss squarely on Auburn kicker, they should have won this game.

Washington (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. He looks noticeably fatter this year, not sure if he has a flak jacket on to protect his ribs or what. Looks slower when he scrambles around as well. Not sure I like this change. Frozen rope corner route for a 20 yard TD, that was nice, I liked that. Still has some elusiveness in the pocket, but it’s not the same as last year. Nice throw on the run to the sideline. Arm might actually be stronger with the increased mass. Nice back shoulder throw up sideline for chunk gain. He’s showing off a rocket arm in this game, not sure what changed from last year, but arm much stronger. Bullet on an intermediate slant for a chunk gain. He’s looking a little like Josh Allen on some of these throws in terms of difficulty and arm strength. Had a rollout pass thrown across his body that was impossibly located for an almost TD in the end zone. Tried a designed QB run, he definitely doesn’t have the speed he had in 2017. I would guess he’s put on 25 lbs. Seems like half to his gut, the other half to his right biceps. Long scramble for a chunk gain off a flea flicker, he runs more like a dad now, but he can still scoot a little bit. Has been pretty risk averse in this game, scans the field, if he doesn’t like it, will throw it away or run. One of the better QBs at going through all his reads, seemingly twice at times. Superb throw on a Go route up sideline, almost a TD, but WR came down out of bounds. Insane accuracy so far, has been nails on intermediate throws, especially inside the numbers. Looks good on RPOs, gets the ball out quick. Showed some toughness trying to run over the LBs on third down to reach the sticks, he didn’t and got absolutely smashed, but you like to see that type of grit. Has been under constant pressure in the second half, taking a lot of hits, maybe rattled a little bit. Dynamite bullet throw down the sideline for a chunk gain. Continues to show world class arm talent. Had a key QB designed run late to help ice the game where he got around the edge. This was first round tape against a good defense. This guy is a stud, has everything you want in a QB.

Alabama (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Bullet on inside slant, WR dropped it. Bullet on curl route, WR dropped it. Almost picked off on out route. First series a complete dud. Second series is 1st and 27 near the goal line. Short throw to RB in flat, dropped. Second series a dud. WR screen for decent gain. Outlet pass to RB for chunk gain, did a nice job recognizing delayed safety blitz. Third series better, result a TD, lots of runs, some smart short passes by Stidham. Roll out pass to WR on sideline, dropped. Fourth series ruined by penalties mostly. Fifth series, Alabama swarmed the line every snap. Auburn can’t block these guys, this is a very sloppy game in terms of penalties and drops as well. Auburn scored on trick play on sixth series. Half time, Stidham hasn’t attempted a single pass down the field yet. Any time he’s tried to drop back, he’s been sacked or under immediate pressure. Most of his short and intermediate throws have been flat out dropped. Finally a throw down the field on deep out route, ball goes right through WRs hands. That drop pretty much killed the drive. This is laughably bad. I’d declare for the draft early too at this point. Monster deep ball, 60 yards or so, that was a little underthrown, CB able to knock it away. If thrown a tad sooner, probably a TD. Quick slant, WR dropped it. 40 yard TD on 50/50 ball that the WR came back to make a play on and then jogged into the end zone. Nothing special about that throw, just kind of heaved it up under heavy pressure. Nice little run on RPO keeper for a first down. Another scramble for a first down. He’s playing hard late in this blowout, I’ll give him that. Picked off on misdirection backside screen to the TE, nice play by the LB drifting back and high pointing it. Screen to RB, dropped. Tough game to watch, Stidham basically took a beating the entire game as Auburn can’t block anybody at all. No time to throw down field, really, no time for anything other than quick hitting short passes, which the WRs dropped half the time. Not much to learn here other than the guy is tough as nails and plays hard the entire game. Arm and athleticism looked fine, just nothing he could do against this defense with the supporting cast he has. I’m sure this game was front and center when he declared early, he took an absolute beating.

TLDR:
          Overall, he has everything you want. Howitzer arm, good athleticism, makes good decisions on the field, and has superb accuracy. Would be shocked if he doesn’t go early in the draft (I'm probably going to be shocked). He’s the type of guy that should blow up the pre-draft process (Was solid, but didn't blow it up). Still my #1 QB in this draft though Lock closed the gap.

Comment

• That was 2 of my top 6 remaining players, would have been thrilled with either at my next pick. That hurt a little bit.

Comment

• Ahhhhhhhh......I love the smell of mock draft in the morning!

Comment

• Ah ****, Miles is one of my favorite backs out here, great work yall!

Comment

• Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                  Ah ****, Miles is one of my favorite backs out here, great work yall!
                  That's who had me scratching my head, isn't he a borderline first rounder??

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBronco View Post

No, i wouldnt go that far, but he is a solid day 2 pick for sure.

Cardinals want to pick a CB here in the 4th but this class sucks, should I grab one or wait? Anyone else having trouble with this corner group?

Comment

• Originally posted by ludo21 View Post

No, i wouldnt go that far, but he is a solid day 2 pick for sure.

Cardinals want to pick a CB here in the 4th but this class sucks, should I grab one or wait? Anyone else having trouble with this corner group?
                      The OM draft always seems to gobble up all the OTs and CBs really early.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBronco View Post

Was purely a BPA pick, very surprised he was still available. I had an early 2nd round grade on him. In fact I had to go back and do more research to figure out why he fell to 98. Was there a medical issue, poor pro day?

While the Titans have a stud in Henry, a Henry/Miles tandem would be unfair to defenses. His stock appears to be rising with the number of teams interested and his combine/pro day numbers were very good. Teams like the Raiders, Eagles, are going to have to start thinking of where they want to select him. There’s some 1st round talk but who knows could be an agent or rival teams trying to drive up his price.

Dont see him going past the late 40s.

Comment

• 20 picks until I'm up again, and I've got two guys that I love still on the board. This is going to be agony.

Comment

• Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                            20 picks until I'm up again, and I've got two guys that I love still on the board. This is going to be agony.
                            one will be mine here shortly

Comment

• Originally posted by jebures View Post

one will be mine here shortly
                              Isn't about time for you to start selecting all the prospects with South Dakota connections?

#StillSaltyAboutStreveler
                              Last edited by BowlenBall; 03-27-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• Everyone and their cat is a borderline 1st rounder this time of year, then the **** unfolds, one or two have over an 80 percentile top 100 Board and then everyone forgets about them for 12 months and goes back to listening to the **** from NFL Draft Network or Rob Rang or any other talentless evaluator.

Comment

Working...
                                X