X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had flashbacks to Marcus Thomas when I saw the backflip thing lol

Comment

• PJ Hall went in the 2nd round last year. These FCS guys can go anywhere. It just takes one team to love them. That could very well be a steal.

Comment

• With the 92nd overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the CLEVELAND BROWNS select;

DE OSHANE XIMINES, OLD DOMINION

Oshane Ximines is the #168 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

DE OSHANE XIMINES OLD DOMINION

Virginia Tech (2018): Playing DE. Starting at LDE in a 43 defense. Doing ok with contain, not so good with avoiding cut blocks, he pretty much just cuts himself, does not try to avoid them at all. Outside swim on RT, just went over and around him like it was nothing, that looked fluid and nice, big sack on the QB. Put him at MLB on 3rd and long, just kind of played a short zone. Not entirely sure what that was about. Got a second sack by just working through the LT, mostly an effort sack combined with good coverage and the QB pulling the ball down and leaving the pocket. Showing some decent strength, especially in his initial punch, he’s jolting the OT at times. Playing a lot of contain in this game. Solid job holding contain and then falling off the RT block underneath to tackle the RB. QB pressure where he stressed the RT around the arc and then cut back inside with a heavy handed shove to get by him. Nice job cutting off the RB from getting outside, but missed the stuff when he spun away from him. Split the double team of the LG and OC for a pressure, he’s a bull, seems like power rushes are his primary move. Stack and shed on RT, stuffed RB for a loss. Bit badly on a read option and crashed inside, QB able to get big yards on the edge. And they did the same play and he got faked out again and the QB got 10 yards around his side. Showing visible frustration that he’s screwing up. Blitz up A gap from LB depth, nice spin on OC, but unable to get through. Nice job recognizing RB leaking out in flat, cut off his arc rush and blanketed the RB forcing QB to go elsewhere. They like to move him inside on 3rd downs, he still stands up in two point. Beat the RG on his inside gap with a speed rush off the snap, put a big lick on the QB. Recognized WR bubble screen, cut off his pass rush and broke outside to tackle the WR for a loss. Pretty heads up play. Having a pretty standout game. Beat the LG for a pressure with an outside swim, QB kind of lucked into the fact he stepped up just as Ximines was charging in wide or that would have been a sack. Ximines doesn’t have elite athleticism, just looks like a solid player with good strength. Apparently he has a bum ankle he’s player through, so that might be something to keep in mind as well if he suddenly looks quicker on later tape. Has done a solid job against the run in this game, has the couple brain farts on the read option, but has strong against the RB on traditional plays. Tried to slam on the breaks and cut inside the RT, instead the RT decked him with a strong punch, seemed to know that was coming, caught Ximines perfectly off balance. Heads up, thinking man’s player, interrupts passing lanes, alters his rush to cover screens, sets up his pass rush moves. I get the feeling he takes football very seriously. Beat the RT with an inside swim, unable to finish the sack on the QB though, has had a few plays he should have finished but failed to do so. Looks like a legitimate strong side DE, doesn’t really seem like a sack guy, just solid against the run and above average athleticism.

East Carolina (2018); Playing DE. Unblocked from LDE spot, tried an inside run, easily tackled the RB before he could get to the hole. Getting fooled by the read option again, QB kept it and got around him outside. He really needs to work on how to play the read option, he just keeps crashing down on the RB. Dealing with a lot of double teams and chip blocks. QB pressure, stressed the RT around the arc, did his thing where he cuts inside and shoves the RT at the same time. Definitely having more success trying to shove the RT around than when he tries to juke him and go around him. Hasn’t really been able to get by him with any type of speed or quickness the entire first half. I’m going to assume this RT isn’t that great, so this is a little disappointing. Nice quick reaction seeing the LT lunging at him, did an inside swim and ole’d him, tackle fell down, and then Ximines crashed inside and stuffed the RB. When it’s not a read option, he’s great against the run. Coverage sack on the QB, just held it too long, RT did a good job running him wide of the pocket. Did the thing where they don’t block him and try and hit a quick inside draw, he stuffed it again just like he did the first play of the night. QB sack, just a straight bull rush that ran the RT directly into the QB and sent him flying. He lined up extra wide and just steamrolled the RT on that bull rush, put him on super skates. Beat the RT for a QB hit around the arc, just got an angle and then flattened out toward the QB. Beat RT by shooting inside gap off the snap plus an inside swim, once again though, he was unable to finish the sack, looked like he tripped or something. Had a solid game but wasn’t as dominating as you’d like to see against inferior competition. Has decent athleticism, but he’s either stiff hipped or clumsy as hell, he misses out on a lot of plays because he’s unable to finish, generally due to not being able to change direction. Continues to look really good in the run game, he’s strong and stout. Still see him as a strong side DE. I don’t expect him to get a lot of sacks, though if there is an opening, he’s definitely fast enough to take advantage of it.

Marshall (2018): Playing DE. Really nice play where he swatted down the pass like a volleyball spike and somehow picked it off all in one motion. OTs are mostly playing him tight, not letting him cut inside, hasn’t been able to take advantage and get home on an outside speed rush yet. Dealing with some double teams from the OGs. Shoving the RT around violently at times, can see how powerful he is. I thought he was about to just pick him up and throw him like a shotput. He’s getting around the OTs, he just lacks the closing speed to get to the QB in time. Bit inside on the read option yet again, guy got around him to the outside. Ximines sucks against the read option, and he’s not learning. Consistently does a good job against the screen, tries to disrupt the lane and then chases down the receiver if need be. Stack, shed on RT to stuff run. They keep running away from him. They’ll run five times to the left side, he’ll move over to DE on that side, they immediately run to the right side. It’s a little bit funny, but it’s exactly what I would do, the guy is a menace to the running game. Unless it’s a read option and the QB keeps it. He doesn’t seem capable of mastering outside contain in that situation. Finally got a sack on the QB, beat the RT with an outside swim on an arc rush, QB held the ball too long as he wanted to go down field. Sigh, dusted by the read option again, QB kept it, went right by him for a chunk gain. Inside handoff to the RB, Ximines falls off the RTs block and cuts inside to tackle the guy for a minimal gain. Not sure what he was doing on an inside run play, he cut inside and dove at the RB, would have been a good tackle for loss, but he pulled his arm away and turned from the ball carrier for no apparent reason. I guess he thought he didn’t have the ball. He’s just a weird dude in terms of struggling to finish plays at times. Caught crashing inside at the five yard line, RB bounced it outside right around for the TD. Thought this was pretty spotty tape, had a few splash plays, but his failure to abuse these OTs in the pass rush department is very disappointing.

TLDR:
        He’s definitely not going to be a sack guy or pressure player at the NFL level. You’re probably talking about a run defender type, which he is good at, but he has to get a lot more disciplined. I think he’s a solid athlete, nothing special. He kind of stood out due to his level of competition I think. His inability to dominate the scrubs on East Carolina and Marshall are warning flags that he might just be a guy. Need to see his measurements to confirm suspicions, worried about his shuttle and cone times. I’m not convinced he can change direction well at all (Was on the low end, but mostly within acceptable range with Combine testing).

Comment

• Saunders tested athletically at a level of Dontari Poe and he has killed the postseason so far. I think he could possibly sneak into the 2nd round. That's a solid solid pick up at 91

Comment

• So far all three of my potential picks for 4A are still there.

Hope they last till 104.

Comment

• With the 93rd overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the NEW YORK JETS select;

LB JUSTIN HOLLINS, OREGON

Justin Hollins is the #103 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

OLB JUSTIN HOLLINS OREGON

Stanford (2018): Playing OLB. Starting at ROLB in a 34 defense. Tall and slender, shows decent quickness sidestepping TE block attempt and penetrating into backfield. Stack and shed on TE on off tackle run. Has an inside rip move to disengage from blocks. Looks quick and fluid when dropping back into zone coverage. Will also line him up over the slot, mostly just falls back into zone. Beat the LT by slicing inside off the snap for a QB pressure. Stuffed the RB for a loss coming in unblocked from backside pursuit. Outside swim move on LT for a QB pressure. Fairly average rip move to get some separation from LT for a minor QB pressure. Strip sack on QB flying around the edge, just beat the LT with a straight speed rush, did a nice job swatting down his hands when he flatted out near the top of his arc. Looked quick and fast on that rush. Outside swim with a sideways jump to make the TE whiff on his block off the line, not quite able to make diving tackle on RB in backfield. Driven off the line by the RG and RT, they kind of ran a train on him instead of double teaming at the same time. Plus speed in the open field, just able to chase down the RB on a sweep and push him out of bounds after a decent gain. Coming off the edge, sliced underneath the pulling RG and able to stuff RB on 3rd and short. Next play on 4th and 1, he dove over the pile from the left end like it was a goal line play. Didn’t hit the RB, but definitely jammed up any potential lanes off the right tackle. Have to love that effort. Looks a little bit like a straight line speed guy, on some of his edge rushes, he gets a step on the LT but is unable to dip, bend, or really even flatten out on his arc rushes, he just overruns the QB. Quick when he jump cuts inside on a stunt, should be able to get pressure with that agility coming up the middle from time to time. Zone coverage in middle of field, actually did a nice job trailing and tackling the RB on a drag route. Thought it was solid tape. He kind of wins on speed and athleticism, doesn’t really have the pass rush tools to be a consistent sack guy, more of an athletic OLB type that can be effective in all phases.

Washington (2018): Playing OLB. Starting at ROLB in a 34 defense. Nice job not biting up on playaction, recognizing the TE leaking out into the flat and taking away the primary read forcing the QB to go elsewhere. Lots of zone drops early, very active, flows around the field freely, and shows a good burst when he does decide to charge up after the QB or ball carrier. This looks like a good athlete, very fluid. Off tackle run, chopped down by pulling TE, still able to participate in tackle. Nice job on contain fighting against block by TE, forced RB to stop and turn back inside. Able to dance around lead block by FB and wrap up RB after short gain. Blitz off the edge, he would have had a sack for sure, but delay called on offense. Continues to be a stud with outside contain, reminds me a little bit of Lorenzo Carter from Georgia a few years back, has the same general look and feel about him, also used the same. Rip move to get off block by LT, able to flatten out and put huge pressure on the QB, whom stepped up to avoid Hollins but right into another teammate for the sack. Off man coverage on the TE out in the slot, able to roll off his block and help force RB to sideline for short gain. Bull rush on LT for a pressure, flushed QB from pocket and right into arms of a teammate for a sack. That’s two sacks now that Hollins has caused. Tried an arc rush around the LT, that didn’t work at all, doesn’t show any ability to dip and bend. Stunt inside all the way around the OC, bull rush on RG for a QB pressure. Came very close to getting a sack on a reverse pass, but QB just able to sidestep him. Did a good job on that play though, pretty much hit all three guys that touched the ball. Off tackle run, driven well out of the play by the TE. That happens from time to time, but he gets off those blocks at least half the time as well. Sliced inside off the edge against the LT, able to get enough penetration to flush the QB from the pocket for a pressure. Zone drop, as soon as QB started to scramble Hollins flew up to make the tackle for minimal gain. Off tackle run, pinned inside by TE, but able to fall off that block and made tackle on RB after short gain. Not a dynamic pass rush guy or someone that will make a lot of splash plays, just a very disciplined and fairly athletic OLB type that seems to excel more as a space LB than as an edge rusher. A Trent Murphy, Lorenzo Carter type, not sure where he falls on the athletic spectrum, but looks pretty solid. Definitely a 34 OLB, might be able to play SAM LB in a 43, but I would guess he might not be athletic enough for that.

Michigan State (2018): Playing OLB. Starting at B in a 34 defense. Pretty boring early on, has played a solid contain, generally just grappling with the TE and seeing where the play is going. Most of the time so far, the play has gone to the other side of the field. Has tried to rush a few times, the RT has picked him up easily in pass pro. Beat the LT by working back underneath after the original arc rush was stopped, QB pressure and flushed him out. Dropped in shallow zone. Good balance bouncing off a cut block attempt. Continues to get a step on the OT, but they just push him past the QB, shows no ability to dip and bend. Not seeing much of a sack threat, but he is pretty athletic and has played with good discipline in terms of outside contain. Noticed that he is either knock-kneed or pigeon-toed. Not sure if it matters, but it might. Great job not falling for play action on a naked bootleg on 4th and 1, he was the only guy out there to stop that play and put heavy pressure on the QB forcing him to throw it away and turn the ball over on downs. Very heads up play. Bull rush on RT for a pressure, forced QB from the pocket. Decent job falling off the LTs block and diving to wrap up the RB to limit a big gain. Nice job pushing the TE into the backfield and stringing out a RB sweep, RB had nothing left he could do but step out of bounds for no gain. Has been pretty lights out against the TE blocking in this game, he either pushes them where he wants, or he easily disengages with swim moves and makes plays on the ball carrier. Not sure if that’s more of a reflection on Hollins’ talent or the lack thereof for the TEs. I’m leaning towards Hollins though, he impresses with his discipline and attention to detail on the field. Reverse, he wasn’t fooled at all, great contain, forced the WR to cut back inside, fell off his block and was ready to assist on the tackle. Not surprised at all he played that perfectly. At this point, I’ll only be surprised if he’s ever actually out of position and fails to play with discipline. Another stellar play where he read the RB screen, floated back with the RB forcing the QB to pull the ball down, QB starts to scramble and look elsewhere and Hollins charges forward for the sack. He made every element of that play. Just flawless execution. Does a good job in zone coverage, scans the field, knows when a new WR is coming in his area, floats with the receiver on patterns while watching the QB. He’s legitimately a solid zone coverage LB. Strip sack off the edge, was unblocked, someone goofed. QB hit late where he kept fighting through the OG and OC double team, really QB held the ball too long, but the effort from Hollins was good. Thought this was really good tape.

TLDR:
              He’s more of a well-rounded 34 OLB than a sack guy. Good athleticism and work effort, also seems very well prepared and disciplined with his assignments. He looks like he could be solid on special teams potentially as well. And he should be good for a handful of sacks, especially if teams sleep on blocking him, his effort alone will get him a couple. Just a quality player, at worst would be excellent depth, if not a solid starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                So far all three of my potential picks for 4A are still there.

Hope they last till 104.
                PMing Ludo about a trade up......

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                  So far all three of my potential picks for 4A are still there.

Hope they last till 104.
                  I'm actually starting to get a little nervous about you drafting in front of me. It's time for a Jeff Luc special.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

PMing Ludo about a trade up......
                    Savage!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

I'm actually starting to get a little nervous about you drafting in front of me. It's time for a Jeff Luc special.
                      The person I am probably going to pick has a high likelihood of snapping the 4/4 MUG approval streak so I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you.

Plus, if you are right about N'Keal Harry, I've already got Scribe beat and it's all gravy from here on out.

Comment

• With the 94th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the LA RAMS select;

DT RENELL WREN, ARIZONA STATE

Renell Wren is the #162 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

DT RENELL WREN ARIZONA STATE

Washington (2018): Playing all DL position in 34 defense, RDT in 43 looks. Stacked up OC, helped clog up inside running lane. Dropped him back in middle zone coverage. Pretty clear he’s a decent athlete, especially at his size. Less clear if he actually makes plays. Strength and power look solid, he’s pushing the OC around a fair bit, but still not able to get around him so far. Shoved the RG into the backfield, not able to reach the RB cutting up off tackle. This has mostly been what he has done the entire first half. He doesn’t get moved back much, he seems to be fairly stout, though he’s not seeing double teams. He just doesn’t make any plays on the off tackle runs. Stacked up the TE, read the QB rolling out, put pressure on QB near the sideline. QB pressure again while chasing the QB as he rolled to the sideline. Pancaked by the RG on inside run. Worked through down block attempt by LG, able to get some penetration and force RB to cut back the other direction. Eventually powered the RG back into the pocket and flushed the QB to scramble. Stacked up the OC, able to tackle the RB on inside run with one arm. OC able to turn him and wall him off from inside. Played 34 NT the vast majority of this game, generally asked to engage the OC head up and read the play, so a two gap NT. Those are never going to make a ton of plays or get stats. That being said, he did not command double teams, and despite clearly being a well put together guy and solid athlete, he made no athletic plays. There is certainly some potential here, I wouldn’t say it manifested itself in this game. And to be certain, he was not asked to two gap the entire game, there were plays he tried to shoot gaps and get up the field, it just didn’t happen.

Oregon (2018): Playing NT in 34 defense. Stacked up the RG, able to help limit the RB to short gain on off tackle run. Read screen, pulled off his rush and chased after the RB, Wren is either incredibly slow or he was lollygagging it. Thought he ran better in the first game, so I’m leaning towards #2. Gets controlled too easily by a single blocker, OC able to angle block him whichever direction he wants. Stack and shed on OC, mainly clogged up the middle enough that teammate able to make tackle for minimal gain. Stacked up OC, read OT run, shed OC just by running away from the block, able to help tackle RB in the hole. Rock solid play. Beat the RG up the middle when they pulled the OC and asked him to reach block, Wren able to get a pressure on the QB. Stack and shed on OC, able to tackle RB for no gain. Stack on OC, read inside draw, shoved the OC aside, stuffed the RB. Perfectly done. Key offsides late to give them a 1st down on 3rd and short, essentially iced the win for Oregon. No reason for him to jump offsides being literally head over the ball. Stack, shed, and tackle on final play of game as Oregon ran it out. Notes are pretty sparse here because for most of the game Wren just ran forward and was blocked by a single blocker, usually the OC. I will blame scheme again for some of how boring and pointless his usage was at times, but after breaking down the vast majority of the other DTs in this draft, they don’t tend to get blocked by one blocker. Some can’t even get blocked by double teams. Wren failed to really show any type of dominating traits or plus abilities. Even the athleticism he flashed against Washington was not on display in this game, he largely was a rock that didn’t move from the middle of the field every time he was in the game. Tough to get excited about that, especially when you can’t overpower single blocker consistently. Appears to just be a two down NT to me, and probably not a particularly good one. I would love for him to show me something, anything, to get excited about.

Arizona (2018): Playing NT in a 34 defense. This is a softball game in terms of competition, but I need to see him when he’s having success and this was his best statistical game. Well, first quarter is almost done and this looks like every other tape. Wren runs into a singular blocker and stays blocked. He’s not even two gapping on most of these, no read and react, just run forward towards a gap, get blocked, throttle down for the play. Obviously this gets better because he’s going to make seven tackles at some point, I just hope I can stay awake long enough. He definitely can’t run well, doesn’t lumber but runs in slow motion. I don’t know if he put on weight throughout the season or is dealing with an injury, but the athleticism flashed on the Washington tape is long gone. First play of the night, read the screen, broke off his free pass rush, WR got bottled up and he was able to tackle him from behind. That was solid. Dropped him back in shallow zone, flashed some athleticism again, I think he just doesn’t try and chase people, just jogs instead. Here he was trying to mirror the scrambling QB as he ran down the field, Wren looked legitimately spry on his toes. First half was largely a bust, nothing new or really stood out other than the two plays I documented. Stacked up the OC, read the inside run, fell off the OC and tackled the RB 5 yards down the field. Would like to see him be more stout and press the OC at the line, maybe use a rip move to shed the block instead of falling off. Cut block by the LG, Wren showed good effort popping back up and making a tackle on the RB when he cut back inside. Solid effort play. Dropped him back in zone again, I think he shuffles sideways faster than he actually runs forward. I’m serious about that. He did both on this play and he was faster while shuffling around the middle of the field before he turned and ran. Showed some power running through the LGs cut block attempt, you don’t usually see that. Stacked up OC, read inside run, shifted around to the other side of the OC and made the tackle, all while the OC was trying to block him. Stacked up the LG, kind of powered through his outside shoulder, stuffed RB in the hole. I guess most of these tackles are going to be while Arizona is grinding the clock late. Pancaked by LG and OC double team, LG down blocked from the side and knocked him over. Flashed decent speed chasing the QB to the sideline for a pressure. That kind of seals it for me then, he is a solid athlete when he wants to be, he just half asses it and loafs around the field when chasing plays not in front of him. This tape worth it for that type of definitive view on him if nothing else. Unblocked up the middle, stuffed RB for loss, somebody blew an assignment. This was fairly disappointing tape, I was hoping to see him dominate against an inferior opponent and instead it looked identical to the other two tapes.

TLDR:
                        He might be out of position as a NT, I thought he flashed enough athleticism to think he could play a 34 DE type role. Maybe he’d be more excited and try harder when not asked to two gap. Did look decent when dropped in space, so I think a 5 tech is his best fit, but he’s dangerously close to being JAG. He needs a strong Combine to actually confirm he is more than that (Had a very strong Combine, did not see that coming).

Note/Explanation: I thought he was generally just disinterested in playing NT on the tape. There were plays he didn't try at all. When he did try, you saw a good athlete, so it became pretty obvious when he was taking plays off and not. I don't know what to make of Wren. Might be a Tarzan/Jane type guy. Maybe a good DC can fire him up and make him play hard every snap. Even when he played hard though, I just saw a solid player, not a dominating one. His size and athleticism suggest he should be a monster. I did move him up an entire round to the mid-5th just off the planet theory and Combine numbers. This is an interesting guy.

Comment

• Ludo, can you shed any light on Wren? He looked pretty lethargic on tape, but then measured in and tested like a literal monster. What's his deal? Was he pissed he was asked to two gap NT most of the game? I thought he took a massive amount of plays off.

Comment

• I like Wren but he wasnt great in school. He probably has a better chance in the nfl as a gap penetration dude if used right. He is quick and strong.

Comment

• With the 95th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the NEW YORK GIANTS select;

OT BOBBY EVANS, OKLAHOMA

Bobby Evans is the #136 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

OT BOBBY EVANS OKLAHOMA

Texas G1 (2018): Playing LT. Nice pull around the OC and block in space to seal the LB on inside run. Good movement on DE Omenihu when asked to downblock. Shows enough athleticism to be effective on reach blocks. Not seeing much of a kickslide, feet look pretty good, short, choppy steps, fairly fluid. Pretty effective on mirror, does it just like the Combine drills, plays through the whistle. Doing a good job on Omenihu so far overall, generally overpowering him and turning him away from ball carrier. Beaten clean across his face by the DE, just sliced inside and stuffed the run on 3rd and short. That looked bad. Caught lunging on a designed QB sweep, Omenihu just ripped him to the ground and stuffed the play. Pulled him over around the RT to just help with pass blocking. Has some athleticism, not sure he’s a quick twitch guy though. Through the first half, has been much more impressive with power blocking concepts than showing the athleticism to protect the arc. Most of his pass sets are short with the expectation the ball comes out or Murray scrambles quickly, Omenihu is easily getting around him with an outside swim move when he wants to, but it doesn’t really work against Murray as it just gives him a lane. Long story short, I’m not sure Evans’ pass blocking technique is going to hold water in the NFL. Does do a good job blocking in space, has the athleticism and body control to stop and shift direction within reason. Does a nice job in terms of power and showing stickiness when he locks on to the DE. He’s not going to be a LT, he can’t guard the edge, they are getting around him any time they want. Oklahoma is way behind, Texas in pinning their ears back, and he just can’t hold up. Really does a nice job in space leading screens and landing blocks in the open field. He just didn’t show the ability to handle quickness off the snap on the arc rush. If he can’t fix that, probably has to move inside to LG, where he’d probably be pretty good.

Texas G2 (2018): Playing LT. Showing well with power early, but beaten on inside spin redirect. His bugaboo is clearly suddenness and quickness from the D-lineman he’s facing, he doesn’t react quickly. He’s a fluid athlete for the position, but he just doesn’t handle the athletic types well. Looks great run blocking, he moves people a little bit and is excellent at twisting them to wall them off from lanes. Does a great job using his length, one of the best OTs I’ve seen at using his arms at full extension to keep DEs at bay. Pulled him around the OC on inside run, LB did a little hop skip to avoid him and stuffed the play. That’s the kind of sudden movement he doesn’t handle well. Not able to pick up stunt looping around the outside, again, the type of unexpected thing he is just too slow to react to in time. Unless there is some magic way to fix being slow to react, he almost has to move inside to LG. Showed a strong punch just smashing the safety on an outside blitz into the ground as he ran by him. Continues to be fairly dominant and get good movement in the run game. Omenihu put a stop start move on him that left him stupefied. And, Omenihu just beat him around the edge for a sack, not even a speed rush, he just kind of just worked around him. Does a decent job drive blocking in the run game, but has been caught with rip moves a couple times to get him off balance and sling the DE forward to make the tackle. Absolutely destroyed by Omenihu with a quick outside spin for a QB hit. He has some enticing traits as a run blocker and is pretty stout in pass pro, he just can’t handle quickness and protect the edge. Has to move inside to OG, where he’ll probably be pretty good since he has enough athleticism to pull, can block in space, and excels in grappling drive block situations.

Alabama (2018): Playing LT. Kickslide is crap, covers about four inches and then he tries to shuffle, OLB Miller destroyed him around the arc for a sack on a straight speed rush. I guess you try him at RT, but he’s going to fail, he can’t handle NFL edge rush speed and quickness, not even close. OG prospect only. He’s not getting beat by the Alabama guys in terms of strength, it’s kind of a draw, but he’s not moving prospects of this caliber like he did at times against Texas. Continuing to struggle with the arc rush. Does a nice job with blocking straight ahead on run plays, very good at getting to the second level and taking out a LB. Miller torched him again, this time with an inside move to slice across his face for a QB pressure. Alabama has largely played contain, the few times they’ve put their bigger guys out and tried a bull rush, Evans has held up well. Nothing in this game changed my initial thoughts that this guy is an OG only at the next level, but quite possibly a good one.

TLDR:
                              He has some enticing traits as a run blocker and is pretty stout in pass pro, he just can’t handle quickness and protect the edge. Has to move inside to OG, where he’ll probably be pretty good since he has enough athleticism to pull, can block in space, and excels in grappling drive block situations. In the power and stoutness category, he held his own against the Alabama DL, but he has zero ability to protect the arc against quickness or speed rushers.

Comment

• Good value with Damien Harris here

Comment

Working...
                                X