This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jebures View Post

Jaquan Johnson ran slow again today at Pro Day. 4.77 an 4.79. Probably goes undrafted with those numbers. Sucks because he was one of my favorite players ever at Miami.
    I doubt it. If he does he'll be the next undrafted Pro Bowler

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post

Do you remember the name of that like 21 year old senior from Pierre who ended up playing for USD a while back? He was fast. Quincy Christie I think. He housed it 4 times in a game against Huron. Just a god-damned blur. My friend also got knocked out of the game and was taken away in an ambulance after being decapitated on a LB blitz up the middle that he didn't see coming. Just a shame, he should have never been playing QB anyways. He was 6'4 1/2", 195 and was running 4.6. Should have been our stud WR, but our QB broke his ankle prior to the season in practice. He wasn't ever going to go to a big school, but he had a chance for FCS or DII ball for sure.

SODAK FOOTBALL BABY. CHAD GREENWAY!
      Yeah I remember Quincy. I beat him in the 200 meter dash to go to Nationals in the Hershey Track meet. he was supposed to be related to Jerry Rice.

Comment

• Jaquan will be drafted....prolly late tho.

I hope he can somehow make it in the league for a couple years and make a little money.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

See, what you ain't fina do is pretend that Jaelen Strong didn't happen. Oh Jaelen Strong happened.
          I'm still surprised Strong did not work out well in the league.

I'm mildly surprised I wasn't accused of being a homer with my Joe Jackson pick. I really loved that pick for SF at 4-3 SDE tho....perfect bookend for Dee Ford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post
            Seriously, doing the draft this fast does not make it any fun for me. Its the opposite, we are speeding past picks I want to talk more about and do not have the time because I am going on the clock 24 hours later. I am not getting to know the players as deeply in my evals and it sucks.
            i can go slower if you want

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos23 View Post

i can go slower if you want
              That's what she said

Comment

• Originally posted by jebures View Post

That's what she said
                i'd like this but the like button doesn't work yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post

I'm still surprised Strong did not work out well in the league.

I'm mildly surprised I wasn't accused of being a homer with my Joe Jackson pick. I really loved that pick for SF at 4-3 SDE tho....perfect bookend for Dee Ford.
                  Physically speaking, Strong should have been a stud in the NFL.

Comment

• I agree I’m still baffled at strongq

Comment

• Req killin it with Hooker. Damn you Req.
                      At least I got my pick back from you. L O L.

Comment

• We might be in a bit of a wait for awhile. Nick will pick sometime tonight, but then SoDak is up for the first time. His profile says he hasn't been on the site since February. I just sent him a PM letting him know he's on deck, but who knows if he's still checking the site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                          We might be in a bit of a wait for awhile. Nick will pick sometime tonight, but then SoDak is up for the first time. His profile says he hasn't been on the site since February. I just sent him a PM letting him know he's on deck, but who knows if he's still checking the site.
                          eff

Comment

• Pick is in, Devin Singletary! Sorry again for the wait. Now I just wait to see how much MUG hates my pick.

Comment

• WhT up y’all... bears otc and I’m in the Dominican Republic... need to do a little research, you guys move fast

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Yeah, what I do with my prospect grading is I give a range based off the tape, I usually limit to two rounds, so generally something like 3rd-4th Round, 1st-2nd Round, 7th-UDFA, etc... And that's my grade. Then, the pre-draft process occurs and I limit myself to reacting to one full round push/pull based on the pre-draft process. So, 3rd-4th could then become 2nd-3rd OR 4th-5th OR stay the same, which is what I usually do. The massive influx of underclassmen in this draft, record levels, also impacted that even more than normal as well, so I did move people down more often than I usually have in the past. Once that is done, I put all the guys that have a particular round listed in their grade on the board, so for the second round, that would include all players with a 1st-2nd or 2nd-3rd ranking. And then I pull out the top 32 guys for that round (more if comp picks are involved) and automatically put the remaining guys into the next round. Obviously, I work from the 1st round down. What usually happens is that I don't have enough 1st round guys, so I usually push 2nd rounders into the late 1st. And then somewhere around the 4th round area, my 3rd round guys start getting pushed back into the 4th and then that kind of snowballs all the way to the UDFA rankings. By the time I get to the 7th round, I'm usually filling that with guys I ranked as 5th and 6th rounders on tape.

The entire ranking thing is hard. I remember a lot of my write ups, and I have them on file dating pretty far back, so I try and compare notes, though I've only really started doing quality game tape breakdowns the last few years, so the earlier ones are pretty useless. I try and find historical comparisons, I have massive spreadsheets and data points from all the previous drafts I've done, so those are easy to pull up and compare. I have all the measurables and then subsequent draft position, so I can see how certain things correlate. And I just try and put the players in some form of reasonable progression. Breaking down tape and reporting what is happening is easy once you do it enough to know what you're looking at. Stacking a draft board based on all that data, insanely hard. Definitely still learning how to be better at it.

As for Scherff, my rant was because Jacksonville drafted him and they had just spent a ton of money in FA filling up their entire OL. There was NO way that Jacksonville was taking him in RL, so I wanted the pinch drafter to re-pick someone more realistic. I was furious they didn't know team needs for like the 3rd pick in the entire draft. It was an over-reaction. But....here it is in all it's glory.

Scherffffff!!!

https://www.orangemane.com/forum/ora...m/7673-/page16

https://www.orangemane.com/forum/ora...m/7673-/page17

Comment

Working...
                                X