Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both Williams and Allen are great picks there.

Comment

• So far, so good. My guy's still there and only 84 more picks to slip by.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Patience paid off. I wanted Mullen too but there’s just nothing we can do sometimes.
        I woulda been PISSED if you were able to trade up one spot ahead of me like a savage and get him. Bunting made it easy to accept with Boss picking. I expected it.
        Thanks, dude. I liked the Bunting pick alot.

Comment

• Sorry fellas. Not really allowed to be on phone at work and internet was down most of the day. Just made my pick. Tried to send a message to Nicksti about being OTC but I got an error. Can someone let him know?

Ya hookers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
            Sorry fellas. Not really allowed to be on phone at work and internet was down most of the day. Just made my pick. Tried to send a message to Nicksti about being OTC but I got an error. Can someone let him know?

Ya hookers.
            Yeah, sent him a PM.

Comment

• With the 85th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES select;

S AMANI HOOKER, IOWA

Amani Hooker is the #42 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

S AMANI HOOKER IOWA

Iowa State (2018); Playing mostly cover two. Solid job charging up on off tackle run, tried a wrap up tackle, but RB able to bounce out of it, did slow him down enough for teammates to finish him off at least. Press man on WR Butler at the goal line, nice jam on corner fade, WR couldn’t even get into his route and ball went over his head out of reach. Charged up from cover two on inside run, RB bounced it suddenly outside and Hooker not the greatest adjustment of his angle at full speed. Would like to see DBs be a little more agile and able to pivot on the fly. Will have to keep an eye on that and see if it repeats. Nice job charging up from his cover 3 inside zone and making tackle on RB on outside sweep. Nice agility when having to avoid WR blocks, as good as any DB at having a good feel for surrounding players and jump cutting to avoid blockers in lateral chase situations. Off man on slot WR on 4th and 1 play, Hooker bit hard on a quick out route and slot WR had him roasted up the seam but QB didn’t see it. Playing shallow inside zone on 3rd and 7, basically sat right on the first down line and came up and tackled the TE on a curl route short of the sticks. Nice play and good awareness. Surprising how many safeties actually screw up that simple concept of knowing the first down yardage and playing on that line. Charged up on off tackle run, RB juked him and added a swim move to avoid the tackle and cut back inside. Off man on TE in the slot, quick curl, tackled immediately. Cover two, let the outside WR get behind him on a Go route, but CB able to swat away pass. Cover two, deep out, nice job charging forward and either tipping the ball away or blocking the WR’s vision, but incomplete on the sideline. Showed decent range on that play, but was cheating toward the sideline anyway. Middle zone, curl route by slot WR, Hooker hit him at catch point and knocked ball out. Solid tape overall, mostly used in zone, lots of cover two and three, but gets man coverage when the offense goes five wide, showed well in that role. Looked good in run defense in this game, not great, but rock solid. Speed is probably the biggest question, looks like a fluid athlete, but seemed closer to average than good speed. Might just be a cover two zone safety, but does offer some man coverage skills.

Wisconsin (2018): Playing mostly cover two, rarely single high, lined up at LB depth in the slot a few times. Up in the slot at LB depth, solid job reading off tackle run the other way and laterally pursuing the RB to make the tackle. Press man coverage on TE in the slot, inside slant, easily maintained tight coverage. Solid job reading inside run from cover two, charged up and helped make tackle to limit gain. Doesn’t seem to be hesitant with helping out in the run game. Athleticism looks solid, seems very fluid as he chases around the field. Big hit on the RB on inside run, didn’t wrap up, just threw a shoulder right in his grill. Press man on TE in the slot, TE with a little push off at the top of his curl route, pass right on target, able to break Hooker’s tackle and get a few more yards. Sucked in by playaction at the goal line, let the TE go right by him for a two yard TD. Bailed out into single high at the snap, WR on Go route outside, Hooker showed legit range drifting over and smashing into him at the catch point causing an incompletion. That was a dynamite rep for film evaluation. If he doesn’t have complete sideline to sideline range, he can definitely get to the numbers. Lined up in cover two, read WR screen in the flat, flew up and able to dance around the RG’s block attempt, able to tackle WR and limit the play. Pretty good job of consistently fighting through WR block attempts when coming up in run support. Blitz from deep safety spot, ran the RB over in pass pro on his route to the QB, which mucked up the play since it was a RB screen, QB had to throw it away and got called for grounding. Charged up on RB sweep, got cut blocked by the FB. Big hit charging up from deep in cover two, intermediate out route by the slot WR, got clobbered by Hooker after the catch. Charged up from deep again on inside run, able to wade through the middle of the field and tackle RB for short gain. Continues to be solid in run defense, cleans up a lot of tackles. Bump and run coverage on RB lined up in the slot, stayed with him on wheel route. Charged up on RB sweep, took on the pulling RG kind of, went low and got pancaked, but he forced the RB to cut up inside. Press man on TE in the slot, has a good back pedal, transitions well on break, stays in the hip pocket. Good man coverage safety, at least on TEs. Thought this was a excellent tape. Showed good range in zone, can play single high effectively, flashed in man coverage on the TE, and had a strong game in run support. About all you can ask from your safety.

Mississippi State (2018): Playing cover two. Lining him up frequently at LB depth against this read option offense. Charged up on swing pass in the flat but TE able to seal him inside. Blitz off edge, had the sack, but pulled up when QB faked he was going to throw. Eventually the pressure forced QB to throw incomplete. Blitz off edge, had a clear path to the QB and the RB, but read option slowed him down and he got neither on a run up the middle. Screen pass to WR, ran through the block by the TE and made the tackle. Off man coverage on the slot WR, ran a seam route, Hooker able to stay in his hip pocket, QB went another direction with the ball. Quick throw in the flat to the TE, Hooker able to power through the WR’s block and make diving tackle on TE for minimal gain. That was a really nice play. Shallow zone, RB lined up out wide, quick out route, Hooker with a nice transition from inside zone and pushed him out of bounds after short gain. Superb job late in the two minute drill with MSU trying to score and timing ticking down. Lured the QB into dumping it off to the RB on the sideline and instead of pushing him out, Hooker ran between him and the sideline and encouraged the RB to cut back inside, which he did. The RB was ten tackled by Hooker in the field of play and the clock kept on ticking. Just a really heads up and sneaky strategic play by the safety. This tape not as useful as the others mainly because of the gimmick offense and having to use Hooker up at LB depth so much. He flashed some versatility though, continued to look solid in the run game, and made some nice heads up plays. Hooker seems more like a cerebral type that doesn’t make mistakes, he always slowed down on the read option instead of biting hard one way or the other. Nobody knows if by doing that he prevented a big play that might have turned the game. The actual outcome was that he held off on big hits and potential splash plays to play disciplined football.

TLDR:
              Overall, I like him as a complete safety. Iowa plays so much zone that it’s really tough to judge his range, but the Combine should clear that up to a significant degree in the drills. I thought he was really solid in run defense and showed good skills in both zone and man coverage. On that one play against ISU he flashed significant range from single high and that individual play makes me think he has good enough range to really entice teams as a complete safety prospect (Testing at Combine confirmed good athleticism).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                With the 82nd overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the TENNESSEE TITANS select;

DE ZACH ALLEN, BOSTON COLLEGE

Zach Allen is the #105 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

DE ZACH ALLEN BOSTON COLLEGE

TLDR:
                My thoughts on him overall are that he’s a damn good player, very effective against the run and pass. Not an elite sack guy, but seems like he has enough quickness and moves where he can be a menace and get a handful. Going to make his money stopping the run and disrupting passing lanes.
                Great tape but 105?

Comment

• I'd have taken Allen last round had Omenihu not been there. Considered taking both, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24champ View Post

Great tape but 105?

The Combine dropped him. Athletic testing kind of puts him in a weird no-mans land where 43 teams may not view him as a three down Power End, two down ends do not have much value. I think this really forces him into a 5 technique role, which I like him at just fine, but that also limits the teams he can fit in terms of scheme. I put him and Dre'Mont Jones back to back, probably the top two pure 5 techs in the draft, but they both measured or tested less than expected at the Combine and that does matter with draft value. On tape I had him with a 2nd-3rd round grade, dropped him one full round due to the testing to the top of the 4th. Probably could have still put him in the 3rd, but it gets tough with all the other prospects I really like. He's a plug and play guy though, about as refined and polished as any player in this draft, that also probably means his upside is what he is now as well though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                      I'd have taken Allen last round had Omenihu not been there. Considered taking both, really.
                      Yeah, Omenihu is a very similar player as well. I ranked all of them pretty close to each other. We'll see if I'm too low on the collective group or not.

Comment

• Indy wanted Hooker to pair with Malik Hooker. Then we would be starting 2 hookers on the back end baby!

Comment

• I’m working right now guys, so my pick won’t be in until this evening. Sorry for the hold up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickstixx View Post
                            I’m working right now guys, so my pick won’t be in until this evening. Sorry for the hold up.
                            All good man, RL comes first, we understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

All good man, RL comes first, we understand.
                              MUG are you feeling ok?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickstixx View Post
                                I’m working right now guys, so my pick won’t be in until this evening. Sorry for the hold up.
                                Oh no but now we might not finish the draft before April 1st! SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Comment

Working...
                                X