Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post

probably. Your eyes are old and your brain is mush
    True, kids have really aged me the last 3 years.

Comment

no doubt, which means i might be suffering the same.

Next week is spring break so im getting my pick in now before the kids go nuts

Comment

Nice pick ludo. Speaking of kids, I found out this morning we are having 1 boy and 1 girl. Due just in time for football season. Two more diehards in early September

Comment

Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
          Nice pick ludo. Speaking of kids, I found out this morning we are having 1 boy and 1 girl. Due just in time for football season. Two more diehards in early September
          nice man! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jebures View Post
            Am I the only one who does not see anything special in Bosa?
            Probably, best player in the draft, good vs the run, and rushes well. Gonna be an elite edge for a long time. Cards should just stick with Rosen and get Bosa. Teams gets much better doing that but often times, GMs overthink things.

Comment

Good pick ludo, Bosa should number 1 next month but there's a ton of smoke around Murray/AZ right now.

Comment

No doubt about it. I think they pull a stupid and go Murray but I’m not risking my pick on it. Bosa is sooo good and I’d rather look back on the fact I took the better player

Comment

No doubt about it. I think they pull a stupid and go Murray but I’m not risking my pick on it. Bosa is sooo good and I’d rather look back on the fact I took the better player
                  Schefter says they arent actively shopping Rosen right now, but there's of course a ton of smoke around Murray and the Cards right now. I think it may be leverage to get Oak to get to 1, because Gruden wants Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post

Schefter says they arent actively shopping Rosen right now, but there's of course a ton of smoke around Murray and the Cards right now. I think it may be leverage to get Oak to get to 1, because Gruden wants Murray.
                    If he is there at 3 i have to seriously consider taking him. He is going #1.

Comment

If he is there at 3 i have to seriously consider taking him. He is going #1.
                      I know it doesnt make sense in real life with darnold but the jets will take a qb in the draft to be a backup so ill get position points plus the #1 overall player.

Comment

I know it doesnt make sense in real life with darnold but the jets will take a qb in the draft to be a backup so ill get position points plus the #1 overall player.
                        In terms of just points, the #3 pick and #1 pick would be pretty close to the same. Both are worth 100 inherent, you'd get +2 if you took the #1 overall pick at #3, which is literally next to nothing. But you would be forgoing your chance to get the exact player 50 point bonus if you nailed who the Jets take in real life. If the only concern is points, you want to nail the exact pick. Even if Murray goes #1 overall in RL, you'd get 48 more points overall for accurately selecting the Jets true selection.

Early on, you want to try and nail the pick for your team. In the mid-late rounds in the draft it becomes more about finding guys that are slipping and gobbling up all those raw value points.

Comment

I'm with Ludo though, everyone knows my personal opinion on Murray. I do think Arizona drafts him, but I could not have brought myself to do so just for the points. I always have a hard time with my first round selection because I kind of know what the Bengals want to do, but I usually disagree with it. I tried to go for the points last year, got the position right, but they took another player. My guy ended up being better the first year by a lot, so what can you do.

Comment

I do this draft to get the players I like the most and who I think will be good. Not for the points of mugs game FYI I just really like to see how my guys do at the next level. Really that’s the most fun part is to look back and say, hey I drafted that guy

Comment

I do this draft to get the players I like the most and who I think will be good. Not for the points of mugs game FYI I just really like to see how my guys do at the next level. Really that’s the most fun part is to look back and say, hey I drafted that guy
                              Same

Comment

Blast from the past post from the 2015 UDFA thread: https://www.orangemane.com/forum/ora...m/7989-/page31

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                                Mediator ripped my heart out by spending $500 more on Bryce Callahan than I did. He's one of my favorite sleepers in this draft. I spent a lot of time on Phillip Gaines last year and Callahan flashed every game. He was literally the only UDFA I "had to have'. Planned on taking him in the 7th, but people kept falling for better value. I assumed since the national media is mute on him, and I had a lot of success with Spaight and Roberts, I could get Callahan for the minimum. But then I doubled it to 10k just to be safe. Of course Mediator spends 10,500. I am sad.
                                Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

And now to denial.

Hell, I even did my write up on him already! Nobody was supposed to bid more than 10k on him. What the hell!

FOLLOWING THE 2015 NFL DRAFT, THE CINCINNATI BENGALS SIGNED:

CB Bryce Callahan, Rice
                                . Callahan is my #179th overall prospect with an early 6th round grade. He played RCB almost exclusively at Rice, operating mostly in press man coverage, with off man and zone sprinkled in. This is an elite cover corner that has dominated at the C-USA level for four straight seasons, beginning as a freshman All-American. In most of the games I watched, the opposing QB avoided throwing to his man extensively. Even on the 2013 game tape, when Phillip Gaines was bookending him at LCB, opposing QBs still preferred to throw at the future 3rd round selection, which didn't end well either. The point being, Callahan's numbers are not reflective of his overall play because he rarely gets chances to obtain statistics. Regardless, he still finished 2nd in Rice school history in career interceptions (13) along with 32 passes defensed. Not bad considering teams refused to throw at him the rest of his Rice career following his stellar Freshman season. In terms of athleticism, Callahan is an other-worldly athlete. He claims to run in the 4.2s, though his Pro Day time was between 4.32 and 4.4 His vertical was one of the best in recent history at 43 1/2 inches, and he shows that degree of athleticism on the field. Overall, he's a shorter CB, but he does not project to the slot, never playing there at Rice. I believe he can remain outside, his technique and athleticism helping to overcome any height concerns. In terms of run defense, he's adequate. He's feisty and strong enough to get involved and be effective, though it's not an overall strength of his game. I believe Callahan comes to the NFL fairly pro ready as an outside CB. If he is moved to the slot, expect an adjustment period. For me, this is one of my favorite sleepers in this draft, and the Bengals are absolutely ecstatic to add him to their roster.

And now to anger:

Truly I like and appreciate him, but in this instance only:

I HATE YOU MEDIATOR!!! THE HATE IS REALLY STRONG RIGHT NOW! I FEEL LIKE DARTH VADER WHEN HE WAS READY TO LIGHTSABER ALL THOSE KIDS! YOUVE TURNED ME TO THE DARKSIDE!!!!! ARRRRGHHGHGH!

Comment

Working...
                                X