This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
    After what happened with David Irving I have no idea how the Cowboys make that pick. I also don't know how McGary is a second-rounder. I don't think he sticks at tackle. Wasn't impressive to me. Combine that with his heart issues and I think he is more or less a Day 3 guy.
    It'll be interesting to see which one is drafted 1st, I know who my money is on.

Comment

• I'm able to get some internet service today.....i I like the JJ Arcega Whiteside pick alot, good job Old Dude

Comment

• Oh man. McGary or Cajuste were my targets when trying to trade up. At work all day now. Will try to find some time but will probably be several hours. This tackle run’s going to haunt me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
          Oh man. McGary or Cajuste were my targets when trying to trade up. At work all day now. Will try to find some time but will probably be several hours. This tackle run’s going to haunt me.
          First it was your girlfriend and now it’s work. Get your stories right man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
            Oh man. McGary or Cajuste were my targets when trying to trade up. At work all day now. Will try to find some time but will probably be several hours. This tackle run’s going to haunt me.
            You take your sweet ass time. Your work is important. This draft can always wait.

Comment

• Daniel Jones' value became ridiculous at the end of the 2nd round. I thought the Saints were trading up to jump ahead of the Chargers and take Jones.

Comment

• I am ready to pick again.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  Daniel Jones' value became ridiculous at the end of the 2nd round. I thought the Saints were trading up to jump ahead of the Chargers and take Jones.
                  You're probably right, but it's hard to understand why Daniel Jones has that perceived value in the first place. I thought Chris Simms did a decent job questioning that as well.

Comment

• No second round pick sucks.

Oh, and I also enjoy MUG's write-ups. Of course, my picks always get good write-ups. (grin)

Comment

• There’s quite a few QB’s still on the board who I like more than Jones, but if the reports of teams lovng him are true, that’s a great pick. If the Broncos draft Jones I may break something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

You're probably right, but it's hard to understand why Daniel Jones has that perceived value in the first place. I thought Chris Simms did a decent job questioning that as well.
                        I guess the media is infatuated with David Cutcliffe's coaching, the footwork and throwing motion that resemble the Manning brothers, a senior with prototypical size, selling Jones as pro-style QB with good mobility. I remember a QB that emulated Manning's mechanics and got some hype in the 2012 draft. His name is B.J. Coleman, the Packers drafted him in the 7th round and he was out of the league after 2 preseasons.

I think it's unlikely that NFL teams don't see Daniel Jones as a 1st-round pick because everyone in the media, including former scouts and GMs with inside information, puts him in the 1st round. I have my doubts about a QB that averaged 5.9 YPA in 2017 and 6.4 YPA in his college career, never throwing for over 3,000 yards in a season. Too much dink-and-dunk and the arm talent is not great. The best-case-scenario comparison I might be able to make for Daniel Jones is Matt Ryan, who also completed 59.9% of his passes with 6.9 YPA, but Ryan threw for 4,507 yards and 31 TDs as a senior.

Maybe Jones was coached to play so conservative and he'll be unleashed in the NFL, but I'd not bet on that. After watching more games I started to see more deep shots that you can also see in his highlights, though the ball flutters during those passes and overall I get the feeling he'll be a conservative QB like Alex Smith.

Comment

• Damn the picks are flying in!!

mcgary seems like a nice kid but I don’t see it this early.
                          live cajuste and the arecega picks a bunch. Way to go team!

Comment

• Daniel jones is a classsic reach by a team but he seems to me an Alex Smith clone for sure but without the escape ability he has

Comment

• Got two thirds and two fourth....waiting anxiously to use these picks!

Comment

• Meanwhile, I guess I'll get to work on my UDFA list....

Comment

Working...
                                X