X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
    Three back to back OL
    I'm pretty happy to get Cajuste this late in the second-round, especially with the run on OL in the past 15-20 selections. Jason Peters is on his last legs (literally) and the Eagles desperately need someone to replace him. 2019 is Peters' last rodeo, so getting Yodny who projects very well as a left tackle at the next level is a great get for me. He will get to sit down and learn from one of the best to play, but I would feel comfortable with him coming in and replacing Peters (if/when) he gets hurt. An absolute win-win situation for me here, IMHO. Eager to see MUG's 6th round grade on him.

Comment

• Nice run of picks there! Where's Med? Anyone have his cell number?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
        With the 54th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the HOUSTON TEXANS select;

CB JULIAN LOVE, NOTRE DAME

Julian Love is the #135 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

CB JULIAN LOVE NOTRE DAME

Michigan (2018): Playing LCB. Read RB sweep, charged up and got absolutely leveled by the RB coming around the corner, was able to pop right back up and help on the tackle to his credit. Off man, quick curl for short gain, tackled immediately. Off man, big cushion, post route, tight coverage, pass incomplete. Lots of off man and big cushions so far, worried that’s to cover up a lack of athleticism and speed. Press man, Go route up the sideline by the TE, perfect coverage, QB went elsewhere. Off man, big cushion, post route for 50 yards, WR Collins just torched him by five steps, the only thing that kept it from being a TD was he had to slide on the catch. Concerns about Love’s speed and athleticism look well founded unless Collins runs a 4.3. Off man, WR screen, driven off the field into the bench area by the TE. Not very active in the running game, one of those types that slows down and lets other people make the tackle. Blitz off edge, picked up easily by the RB. Read option QB run right at him, Love decided he’d prefer to stay blocked on the play. Zone and off man coverage in the second half, huge cushion still. Not really getting tested. Off man, intermediate dig route, fell down on WR’s break, WR wide open, QB oblivious. Dropped in zone, tried to bait the QB to throwing to the WR behind him on come back route, QB threw it harder than Love expected and wasn’t able to get to the ball, WR caught ball despite his diving attempt for decent gain. Beaten clean on corner fade in the end zone, they ran the ball in for the score instead. Not impressive tape at all. Will have to see if this continues across all the tape, but this seemed liked ND was hiding his athletic deficiencies. Was not an impact player at all on this tape, not in coverage nor in the run game.

Vanderbilt (2018): Playing LCB. Press man, showing a good two hand jam early in this game. That wasn’t used against Michigan. Charged up on RB screen, able to make tackle for short gain. Off man coverage on inside slot WR, seam route, WR had a step, QB tried to rifle it in and hit Love square in his back for the incompletion. Love never got his head around or that would have been a gift INT. Off man, huge cushion, quick slant for short gain. Press man, inside slant, 15 yard gain, almost was able to pull away from Love after the catch and make it a huge gain, but Love made diving tackle. Speed is an issue though for sure. Press man, two handed jam, WR able to get a step on Go route up sideline, Love with solid inside coverage, QB’s pass hit Love in the helmet and bounced incomplete. Once again, Love didn’t look for the ball and could have had a gift wrapped INT. Nice heads up play and effort recovering fumble. Off man, drag route, tight coverage and able to swat ball away. Helped bring down RB on off tackle run, RB basically ran right into him. Off man, inside slant, able to jump inside and swat down the pass. Replay showed he got away with a pretty hard PI, grabbed and pulled the WR back so that he could slingshot himself around and knock down the ball. No flag though, so nice play. Off man, big cushion, WR roasted him with a double move faking the post and then going corner route, Love tried to make tackle and got juked, WR with a 30 yard play, Love abused every which way. Press man, Intermediate stop route, good coverage, ball went through WRs hands and bounced off Love’s helmet for an incomplete pass. I think he has leather magnets in his head. Press man, couldn’t get off WR’s block, RB ran right by him for a 20 yard TD on a sweep. Love is definitely a negative in the run game. WR called for holding on Love and the TD came back. Pretty terrible call. I think the refs just refused to believe a CB would choose to stay blocked rather than turn and tackle the RB. Press man, two handed jam that WR sidestepped, Love fell on his face, WR wide open down sideline and QB overthrew him. Hit or miss tape, probably could have had a huge game if he did a better job finding the ball. This game accounted for 25% of his passes defensed on the entire season and most of them were him getting pegged from behind by poor QB throws. He did have a couple nice swats though. His stats are pretty but this looks like an incredibly average NFL CB prospect to me. Athleticism is questionable, as is speed, might be a zone type, but doesn’t play with much physicality. Nothing on this tape suggested a ball hawk, quite the opposite in fact.

Northwestern (2018): Playing LCB. Off man, big cushion, curl route, able to charge up and swat away the pass. That looked pretty good, WR telegraphed route and QB took a bit long in throwing it though. Still, Love with a nice play. Off man in slot, missed his two handed jam on WR Nagel, WR open on slant, scramble drill, WR turned back around and ran to sideline instead where he was able to make grab for 15 yard gain. Love just kind of trailing after him around the field like a puppy. Nagel literally ran a circle around Love. Not sure how fast that little slot guy is, but its way quicker and faster than Love. Off man on TE, dig route, TE able to power through him at break point and body him up for a 10 yard gain. Inside run, nice read by Love, lateral pursuit was too slow, able to tag the RB on the butt, and then have him run by him for 15 yards. He literally tagged him and let him go by. This CB sucks. That was mostly just a lack of speed and athleticism on Love, but in every game so far, he has shown zero desire to participate in the run game. Decent rip move on the OG though to disengage from block. Dump off pass in flat to RB, Love able to charge up and wrap up the legs. Off tackle run, able to fall off block by RT and dive to wrap up RBs legs after 10 yard gain. Had RB dead to right on backside pursuit play, somehow whiffed on the tackle. Off man, strong two hand jam on WR on inside slant, disrupted the play and QB had to scramble. Driven back 20 yards by the WR on off tackle run for a chunk gain. Zone coverage, curl route, 10 yard gain, tackled immediately. Off man in slot, quick crossing route, nice job by Love avoiding getting picked by his own guys and working across the field, decent coverage, helped tackle WR short on 4th down to seal the win. Had help from the safety, but it looked like he was going to be able to tackle the guy on his own if he needed to. This was probably his best tape so far, still wasn’t great.

TLDR:
        Overall, he’s a net negative in the run game, pretty much useless there. In coverage, he can get beat by quickness and speed, and ND knew it, so they’d use him in off man and zone most of the time. I think he’s a really limited player and might be only functional in a cover two type scheme. Lacks athleticism to be left in man coverage extensively, lacks physicality to play zone. You can play anybody in anything, but the results are not likely to be good. This is a snazzy college player that I expect will far less productive in the NFL due to that lack of athleticism and physicality. Still, he has shown ball skills in the past, in the right scheme, he might carve out a productive career. (Did test better at his Pro Day, and I moved him up a little bit, but game speed is a concern with him).
        I was between him and another CB, ultimately I felt that what he lacked in overall speed he made up for in technique and football intelligence. But yeah I could definitely see the concerns with him. Just banking on his upside and that he would be used in the right system.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCMElway View Post
          Nice run of picks there! Where's Med? Anyone have his cell number?
          He knows he is OTC.

Comment

• And I PM'd him a trade proposal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post

He knows he is OTC.
              Does he? DOES HE!!!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
                And I PM'd him a trade proposal.
                So that means you will be picking once he accepts the deal. Lmao. I bet Med takes your picks!

Comment

• With the 55th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

OT DAVID EDWARDS, WISCONSIN

David Edwards is the #187 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

OT DAVID EDWARDS WISCONSIN

Iowa (2018); Playing RT. Big dude, even for an OT. Solid mobility getting out to the second level. Decent with his reach blocks, generally just grinds on the DE or DT until he gets them into the dirt, pretty much keeps them going laterally. This is just run after run, he’s mostly asked to just power drive block his guy off the line straight backwards most of the time. Kickslide is pretty lackluster, feet are average at best, doesn’t recover well at all. Absolutely smoked on an arc rush by DE Nelson for a QB hit. A lot of these reps, he just leans on the DE for the play to tie him up. It’s a little bit lazy. Solid job on the mirror, DE Nelson was trying to redirect inside. Needs to keep his hands in the chest though, borderline hold. Has been pretty solid picking up stunts, the transition has been excellent. When asked to positional block, he struggles a little bit, gets very grabby and kind of yanks his guy to turn him, it looks like holding because his hands are outside the shoulder pads. DE Nelson keeps smoking him around the arc pretty much whenever he wants, this is a problem. Plays with good power, good leg bend, very tough to move him backwards. Needs some work in his hand placement, even on running plays the DE is sliding off his block too easily and making tackles. Bad two plays in a row around the 4:00 mark in the 4th quarter, the DE smoked him around the edge with a speed and dip, and then the next play just straight bull rushed him into the QB. Make that three plays, then the DE slid off his power man block on an off tackle run and minimalized the play. Nice job chopping down an outside swim attempt, just chopped the DEs hands down, good mirror on the play as well. Cut block attempts are world class awful and ineffective. He’s your traditional RT, limited athlete, power pig type. Struggles against speed rushers but does a little better job on the mirror and against redirect inside moves than most. In this game, he was taken out behind the wood shed to a degree by DE Nelson.

Michigan (2018): Playing RT. DE Winovich overpowered him and put him on his back after they locked horns for a bit. Don’t like to see that. Was just one man beating another in a contest of strength and will. Winovich easily stack and shedding him in the run game. A little late recognizing and kicking out to pick up the LB blitz off the edge. Can’t really handle Winovich, he slows him down a bit, but he keep getting by. Does not really kickslide, just shuffles and chops. That’s not going to cut it. Good movement with his down block on the DT. Winovich with a rip, Edwards fell on his face. OLB Uche just completely ran him over with a straight bull rush off the edge, he’s 240 lbs and totally mack trucked him. He’s having another rough game. When he does win, it’s generally when asked to fire off the line and drive block the guy in front of him. Winovich slapped down his hands and bent the arc, had to tackle him to prevent a sack. Decent when asked to hit the LBs at the second level, doesn’t really use technique as much as just shoulder rams them. Bull rushed by DE Gary into the QB on a 3rd down play to force an incompletion. Good kickout block on the CB on outside sweep. Beaten inside clean by Winovich to stuff a run, just let him cross his face. Really struggling with Uche on the outside arc rush, he’s just too quick and fast. Second game in a row he’s struggled to protect the arc against speed. In this game, he was also simply manhandled at times by the DE and OLB. Pretty rough tape. He’s big, somewhat mobile, and has good power when asked to drive block, but he looks like he might be very scheme specific in terms of who might want a player like this. There’s still some upside to unlock, his hand usage and balance need work, but this is not looking like a player I would target until late in the draft at best.

Penn State (2018): Playing RT. Showing well with his run blocking early, getting out on the LBs at the second level and moving them, and some nice down blocking on the DTs to clear huge lanes. Good push in short yardage situations, has really good bend for a big guy, so gets low and drives people off the ball. When he’s asked to attack forward at the line, he’s good. Kickslide remains weak, doesn’t cover much ground, he tries to get to where he can chop his feet and shuffle as quick as possible, this is why he gets worked over by quick pass rushers, he needs that initial depth off the snap. Blew an assignment and let DE Miller smash the QB, not sure what he was doing. Miller beat him with an inside redirect after initial outside shoulder contact for a QB hit. That move wasn’t even that quick; he just overcommitted outside and lacked the fluidity to shuffle back inside. Nice job picking up an outside stunt, thought he shifted his weight well on that play. Miller smoked him around the arc for a sack. Pretty telling on that sack that he sold out for an edge pass rush off the snap and still could not get depth quick enough to stop the DE. Dude is going to get absolutely owned in the NFL unless he has some TE help. That was his best effort against a decent pass rusher, and it was not good enough. A couple false start penalties on the next drive trying to get out and protect the arc quicker. DE Gross-Matos is embarrassing him on some running plays, he’s just letting Edwards lunge out of his stance, ole’ing him, and then stuffing the run.

TLDR:
                  I have no idea why this guy came out early, he’s not very good. He’s a one-dimensional power blocking RT that only looks decent in the run game. Has been pretty piss poor in pass pro in every one of these games. Might appeal to a run oriented team that uses a power drive blocking scheme. Could potentially move him inside to OG to limit his weaknesses. OT is so barren, maybe he sticks for some team. He does have good knee bend though, so I do think a move inside is possible. Historically weak OT draft on top of a deficit at the position probably helps him get drafted.

Note/Explanation: Nick, sorry dude, you picked two guys back to back I didn't like the tape on. Nothing personal, you know that. Both were good college players and well decorated, so very possible I'm completely whiffing on them and you pulled down two stellar selections. That said, I really didn't like Edwards' tape against legit NFL DE prospects, it was about as bad as it could get.

Comment

• Lol damn MUG.

Comment

Note/Explanation: Nick, sorry dude, you picked two guys back to back I didn't like the tape on. Nothing personal, you know that. Both were good college players and well decorated, so very possible I'm completely whiffing on them and you pulled down two stellar selections. That said, I really didn't like Edwards' tape against legit NFL DE prospects, it was about as bad as it could get.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	56
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	2441054

Comment

• With the 56th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS select;

OT KALEB MCGARY, WASHINGTON

Kaleb McGary is the #124 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

OT KALEB MCGARY WASHINGTON

BYU (2018): Playing RT. Big, hulkish guy. Looks almost impossible to bull rush though BYU is trying. Appears to have good feet, has the pitter patter thing going on during pass pro defending the arc. A little surprising for a guy this big. Blocks with his back too much, he runs to a spot to get in front of the DE and then literally just blocks him with his back from chasing down the run, kind of a like a basketball player boxing him out. Kaufusi threw him down with a rip move, but other than that has been dominating early with just size and power. He’s very much an immovable object, but he himself moves surprisingly well. Some of the lesser BYU prospects have been laughably neutralized by him. Cut block attempt pretty bad, he essentially whale flopped and didn’t accomplish much. Beaten around the edge barely and he pretty much recovered and pancaked the guy and then sumo bounced him, but got called for a hold. Effective cut block that time, he’s really animated with it and flaps his arms before diving. Struggling a little with the arc rush, just called for his second hold, this time was legit and on Kaufusi, not sure he needed to yank him down though. Called for his third hold on an outside sweep, a little ticky tack, but he definitely tugged the guy again. He’s really struggling on that sweep play, he can’t get position on the DE and his guy keeps making the tackle. His feet look decent in pass pro, but he’s slow off the snap when it comes to any type of stretch type play. His range is mostly going forward, which he is very effective blocking. If he gets his hands on you clean, he controls you. He has some reps in pass pro where he looks flawless and the DE is attached like Velcro. In the run game, especially in a power drive type block, he moves people wherever he wants to move them to. His weakness is limited range and quickness. In a power scheme as a RG or RT, he has immense value and is probably plug and play. Any scheme that requires reach or constant positional blocks and athleticism, he’ll struggle. Would compare him to a late career Jared Veldheer.

Oregon (2018): Playing RT. Showing good power moving people in the run game. He doesn’t change direction very well, once he gets going one way, he’s pretty much pot committed. Quicker DEs that can redirect can get around him fairly easily, though he is a big guy so they do have to take some time to get enough space. He’s capable of protecting the arc, but he pretty much has to sell out to do it. His kickslide and shuffle are solid. Absolute monster when asked to drive block straight ahead. I’m on the fence as to whether he’d make a better RG where you can limit his outside liability while taking advantage of his sheer size and power. Tried to pull him around the OC, he’s far too slow and lumbering for that. He’s an absolute wall in pass pro if the DE tries to engage him head on. Solid on combo blocks and second level blocks as long as they are directly next to or in front of him. Beaten pretty easily on an outside in pass rush by DE, can get caught over committing to the arc rush. Tough to have a better run blocking game than he has had here. He just throws people around and clears massive holes. Has thrown multiple key blocks on the same play several times. Had a massive block in overtime to get them close to the goal line. He’s a great run blocker and is very strong in pass pro against any type of bull rush. If he can get his hands on the DL clean, he controls them easily as well. The only glaring issue is that he’s a liability outside, he either has to sell out to protect the arc or he can be beaten around the edge. But when he does that, he’s pretty easy to beat back inside. His reaction speed and ability to change direction is almost non-existent. That’s kind of a fatal flaw at the NFL level. He might have to move inside to RG where he would be a monster in a power scheme. However, he’s very tall and that can create problems for shorter QBs on inside passing lanes. He’s going to be a love/hate prospect for each individual team.

Ohio State (2018): Playing RT. Beaten by DE Cooper around the arc on a speed rush, able to recover somewhat due to his length, but if QB didn’t get ball out quick, that was a sack. For a massive guy, does a decent job on cut blocks and reach blocks. Pretty athletic for his size, he’s running around and blocking people down the field on scrambles. Definitely not a statue, might not even be limited athletically at all, which makes him massively interesting. Long legs, has a really wide base, he’s a tough guy to actually get around. Shows good power and initial punch, tends to lunge more than you’d like. Strong hands, not sure if he’s holding or what, but if he squares the DE up and gets those mitts into his chest, the DE just stops and he controls him. Effective getting out and leading a screen. No problems getting out to the second level on the LBs. Not seeing a nasty demeanor, he’ll have guys on the ropes, like they fall to a knee or something, and he generally just stands there and waits for them to get up. Other OTs destroy the DE in that situation. Pulled him around the LG, that looked pretty good, speed isn’t great, but it’s good enough. Has been a bull in the running game, moves people. Continues to struggle to a degree with outside speed rush, doesn’t get beat straight out, but he’s not quick enough to keep the DEs from getting the angle on him. Beaten inside on redirect, quicks is his bugaboo. Struggling pretty good with stunts and loops, he’s too slow to process and get in position when the defense is looping guys around. Has had multiple DTs and DEs just kind of go right by him for QB hits and sacks. OSU absolutely confusing the Washington OL badly with their scheme.

TLDR:
                        Overall, he’s a capable RT and would fit really well in a quick hitting scheme or power run scheme, you don’t want him in pass pro on a drop back passing team, he can’t handle NFL speed rushers. Could be a very good player if he’s moved inside to OG as he’s a bull in the run game and is very difficult to bull rush. He should be drafted as a RT though due to positional value, and he can likely start out of the gate. He’s just going to need some help protecting that edge against top line quickness and speed.

Note/Explanation: Measurements at the Combine were good except for the one that really mattered, arm length. Probably has to move inside to OG, but that has some other potential challenges due to his height and DTs being able to get under him. I thought he struggled with reach blocks and positional blocking while at OT, a constant staple of OG play. The athleticism and the power are good, he definitely can fit in a power scheme. It's just whether he can play low enough against shorter, squattier powerful DTs that can get under his pads and lift him up to take away all his power and leverage. I would still try and see if he can function as a RT with a TE covering him up on passing downs, I think even to be drafted where I have him ranked in the 4th, a team has to like him at RT. He also has some off field stuff and is older, but I'm mostly ignoring that, an NFL team may or may not. As an aside, the Patriots would be a perfect team for him due to the quick passing attack. And as always, just my thoughts on the prospect, I've been known to be wrong....a lot. All it takes is one team to not care about the arm length, feel he fits the scheme, looks at their depth chart, looks at the other OTs in this draft and pukes, and pulls the trigger on Day 2.

Comment

• Guys, I apologize. I feel like I'm crapping on everyone's selections. Not my intent. We're just in that area of the draft where opinions are really varied and my opinions and thoughts are probably the ones that are completely wrong.

Comment

Guys, I apologize. I feel like I'm crapping on everyone's selections. Not my intent. We're just in that area of the draft where opinions are really varied and my opinions and thoughts are probably the ones that are completely wrong.
                            Strong opinions very much welcomed, my brother.... love, love, LOVE your analyses!

Comment

Guys, I apologize. I feel like I'm crapping on everyone's selections. Not my intent. We're just in that area of the draft where opinions are really varied and my opinions and thoughts are probably the ones that are completely wrong.
                              Don't beat yourself up mate, that's why we take part in this, not everyone is going to rank players the same especially once you get out of the 1st rd. The reason I chose McGary here is the chatter that he could go real early plus the fact Patriot fans love him, he's all over their forums as the OT/OG they want in this draft and they feel best fits the Patriot OL mold.

Comment

With the 55th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

OT DAVID EDWARDS, WISCONSIN

David Edwards is the #187 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

OT DAVID EDWARDS WISCONSIN

Iowa (2018); Playing RT. Big dude, even for an OT. Solid mobility getting out to the second level. Decent with his reach blocks, generally just grinds on the DE or DT until he gets them into the dirt, pretty much keeps them going laterally. This is just run after run, he’s mostly asked to just power drive block his guy off the line straight backwards most of the time. Kickslide is pretty lackluster, feet are average at best, doesn’t recover well at all. Absolutely smoked on an arc rush by DE Nelson for a QB hit. A lot of these reps, he just leans on the DE for the play to tie him up. It’s a little bit lazy. Solid job on the mirror, DE Nelson was trying to redirect inside. Needs to keep his hands in the chest though, borderline hold. Has been pretty solid picking up stunts, the transition has been excellent. When asked to positional block, he struggles a little bit, gets very grabby and kind of yanks his guy to turn him, it looks like holding because his hands are outside the shoulder pads. DE Nelson keeps smoking him around the arc pretty much whenever he wants, this is a problem. Plays with good power, good leg bend, very tough to move him backwards. Needs some work in his hand placement, even on running plays the DE is sliding off his block too easily and making tackles. Bad two plays in a row around the 4:00 mark in the 4th quarter, the DE smoked him around the edge with a speed and dip, and then the next play just straight bull rushed him into the QB. Make that three plays, then the DE slid off his power man block on an off tackle run and minimalized the play. Nice job chopping down an outside swim attempt, just chopped the DEs hands down, good mirror on the play as well. Cut block attempts are world class awful and ineffective. He’s your traditional RT, limited athlete, power pig type. Struggles against speed rushers but does a little better job on the mirror and against redirect inside moves than most. In this game, he was taken out behind the wood shed to a degree by DE Nelson.

Michigan (2018): Playing RT. DE Winovich overpowered him and put him on his back after they locked horns for a bit. Don’t like to see that. Was just one man beating another in a contest of strength and will. Winovich easily stack and shedding him in the run game. A little late recognizing and kicking out to pick up the LB blitz off the edge. Can’t really handle Winovich, he slows him down a bit, but he keep getting by. Does not really kickslide, just shuffles and chops. That’s not going to cut it. Good movement with his down block on the DT. Winovich with a rip, Edwards fell on his face. OLB Uche just completely ran him over with a straight bull rush off the edge, he’s 240 lbs and totally mack trucked him. He’s having another rough game. When he does win, it’s generally when asked to fire off the line and drive block the guy in front of him. Winovich slapped down his hands and bent the arc, had to tackle him to prevent a sack. Decent when asked to hit the LBs at the second level, doesn’t really use technique as much as just shoulder rams them. Bull rushed by DE Gary into the QB on a 3rd down play to force an incompletion. Good kickout block on the CB on outside sweep. Beaten inside clean by Winovich to stuff a run, just let him cross his face. Really struggling with Uche on the outside arc rush, he’s just too quick and fast. Second game in a row he’s struggled to protect the arc against speed. In this game, he was also simply manhandled at times by the DE and OLB. Pretty rough tape. He’s big, somewhat mobile, and has good power when asked to drive block, but he looks like he might be very scheme specific in terms of who might want a player like this. There’s still some upside to unlock, his hand usage and balance need work, but this is not looking like a player I would target until late in the draft at best.

Penn State (2018): Playing RT. Showing well with his run blocking early, getting out on the LBs at the second level and moving them, and some nice down blocking on the DTs to clear huge lanes. Good push in short yardage situations, has really good bend for a big guy, so gets low and drives people off the ball. When he’s asked to attack forward at the line, he’s good. Kickslide remains weak, doesn’t cover much ground, he tries to get to where he can chop his feet and shuffle as quick as possible, this is why he gets worked over by quick pass rushers, he needs that initial depth off the snap. Blew an assignment and let DE Miller smash the QB, not sure what he was doing. Miller beat him with an inside redirect after initial outside shoulder contact for a QB hit. That move wasn’t even that quick; he just overcommitted outside and lacked the fluidity to shuffle back inside. Nice job picking up an outside stunt, thought he shifted his weight well on that play. Miller smoked him around the arc for a sack. Pretty telling on that sack that he sold out for an edge pass rush off the snap and still could not get depth quick enough to stop the DE. Dude is going to get absolutely owned in the NFL unless he has some TE help. That was his best effort against a decent pass rusher, and it was not good enough. A couple false start penalties on the next drive trying to get out and protect the arc quicker. DE Gross-Matos is embarrassing him on some running plays, he’s just letting Edwards lunge out of his stance, ole’ing him, and then stuffing the run.

TLDR:
                                I have no idea why this guy came out early, he’s not very good. He’s a one-dimensional power blocking RT that only looks decent in the run game. Has been pretty piss poor in pass pro in every one of these games. Might appeal to a run oriented team that uses a power drive blocking scheme. Could potentially move him inside to OG to limit his weaknesses. OT is so barren, maybe he sticks for some team. He does have good knee bend though, so I do think a move inside is possible. Historically weak OT draft on top of a deficit at the position probably helps him get drafted.

Haha! It's all good MUG, I don't take any offense. I clearly saw things you didn't and vice versa. But it's all good. We won't be able to fully know who was right or wrong for a couple years anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X