Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Edwards to the Texans with their other second-round pick. Shoring up help for DeShaun Watson.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
      Someone needs to tell Nick he took Love at 54, not 44, 53 then 44 again.
      Lol I saw it and fixed it before I saw this. I don't know why I put 53... Anyway, both picks are in now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
        Houston GM falls asleep at the wheel. He may have forgotten he is picking back to back. Looks like Eddie Mac is here and ready to pick.
        I knew I was picking back to back, just taking my time...

Comment

• Does New England take Rob Gronkowski's replacement here?

Comment

• Andre Dillard at LT in the 1st, then David Edwards at RT in the 2nd... Hopefully getting Deshaun Watson the protection he needs.

Comment

Who is it?
              All I can tell you is that his name doesn't rhyme with "Old Dude."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickstixx View Post
                Andre Dillard at LT in the 1st, then David Edwards at RT in the 2nd... Hopefully getting Deshaun Watson the protection he needs.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	51s51LJ6yyL.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	2441008

Comment

• There you go Req you're OTC

Comment

• Ooof... eddie mac gets a steal with Kaleb McGary at pick #56. Not sure if he can play tackle (T-rex arms), but he's a plug and play starter at OG at the very least....

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	51s51LJ6yyL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.2 KB ID:	2441008

Comment

• Three back to back OL

Comment

• Oh... Emoji's must not be working.

Comment

• Of course luke is up and now I cant get ahold of him. I know his pick though.

Comment

• With the 54th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the HOUSTON TEXANS select;

CB JULIAN LOVE, NOTRE DAME

Julian Love is the #135 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

CB JULIAN LOVE NOTRE DAME

Michigan (2018): Playing LCB. Read RB sweep, charged up and got absolutely leveled by the RB coming around the corner, was able to pop right back up and help on the tackle to his credit. Off man, quick curl for short gain, tackled immediately. Off man, big cushion, post route, tight coverage, pass incomplete. Lots of off man and big cushions so far, worried that’s to cover up a lack of athleticism and speed. Press man, Go route up the sideline by the TE, perfect coverage, QB went elsewhere. Off man, big cushion, post route for 50 yards, WR Collins just torched him by five steps, the only thing that kept it from being a TD was he had to slide on the catch. Concerns about Love’s speed and athleticism look well founded unless Collins runs a 4.3. Off man, WR screen, driven off the field into the bench area by the TE. Not very active in the running game, one of those types that slows down and lets other people make the tackle. Blitz off edge, picked up easily by the RB. Read option QB run right at him, Love decided he’d prefer to stay blocked on the play. Zone and off man coverage in the second half, huge cushion still. Not really getting tested. Off man, intermediate dig route, fell down on WR’s break, WR wide open, QB oblivious. Dropped in zone, tried to bait the QB to throwing to the WR behind him on come back route, QB threw it harder than Love expected and wasn’t able to get to the ball, WR caught ball despite his diving attempt for decent gain. Beaten clean on corner fade in the end zone, they ran the ball in for the score instead. Not impressive tape at all. Will have to see if this continues across all the tape, but this seemed liked ND was hiding his athletic deficiencies. Was not an impact player at all on this tape, not in coverage nor in the run game.

Vanderbilt (2018): Playing LCB. Press man, showing a good two hand jam early in this game. That wasn’t used against Michigan. Charged up on RB screen, able to make tackle for short gain. Off man coverage on inside slot WR, seam route, WR had a step, QB tried to rifle it in and hit Love square in his back for the incompletion. Love never got his head around or that would have been a gift INT. Off man, huge cushion, quick slant for short gain. Press man, inside slant, 15 yard gain, almost was able to pull away from Love after the catch and make it a huge gain, but Love made diving tackle. Speed is an issue though for sure. Press man, two handed jam, WR able to get a step on Go route up sideline, Love with solid inside coverage, QB’s pass hit Love in the helmet and bounced incomplete. Once again, Love didn’t look for the ball and could have had a gift wrapped INT. Nice heads up play and effort recovering fumble. Off man, drag route, tight coverage and able to swat ball away. Helped bring down RB on off tackle run, RB basically ran right into him. Off man, inside slant, able to jump inside and swat down the pass. Replay showed he got away with a pretty hard PI, grabbed and pulled the WR back so that he could slingshot himself around and knock down the ball. No flag though, so nice play. Off man, big cushion, WR roasted him with a double move faking the post and then going corner route, Love tried to make tackle and got juked, WR with a 30 yard play, Love abused every which way. Press man, Intermediate stop route, good coverage, ball went through WRs hands and bounced off Love’s helmet for an incomplete pass. I think he has leather magnets in his head. Press man, couldn’t get off WR’s block, RB ran right by him for a 20 yard TD on a sweep. Love is definitely a negative in the run game. WR called for holding on Love and the TD came back. Pretty terrible call. I think the refs just refused to believe a CB would choose to stay blocked rather than turn and tackle the RB. Press man, two handed jam that WR sidestepped, Love fell on his face, WR wide open down sideline and QB overthrew him. Hit or miss tape, probably could have had a huge game if he did a better job finding the ball. This game accounted for 25% of his passes defensed on the entire season and most of them were him getting pegged from behind by poor QB throws. He did have a couple nice swats though. His stats are pretty but this looks like an incredibly average NFL CB prospect to me. Athleticism is questionable, as is speed, might be a zone type, but doesn’t play with much physicality. Nothing on this tape suggested a ball hawk, quite the opposite in fact.

Northwestern (2018): Playing LCB. Off man, big cushion, curl route, able to charge up and swat away the pass. That looked pretty good, WR telegraphed route and QB took a bit long in throwing it though. Still, Love with a nice play. Off man in slot, missed his two handed jam on WR Nagel, WR open on slant, scramble drill, WR turned back around and ran to sideline instead where he was able to make grab for 15 yard gain. Love just kind of trailing after him around the field like a puppy. Nagel literally ran a circle around Love. Not sure how fast that little slot guy is, but its way quicker and faster than Love. Off man on TE, dig route, TE able to power through him at break point and body him up for a 10 yard gain. Inside run, nice read by Love, lateral pursuit was too slow, able to tag the RB on the butt, and then have him run by him for 15 yards. He literally tagged him and let him go by. This CB sucks. That was mostly just a lack of speed and athleticism on Love, but in every game so far, he has shown zero desire to participate in the run game. Decent rip move on the OG though to disengage from block. Dump off pass in flat to RB, Love able to charge up and wrap up the legs. Off tackle run, able to fall off block by RT and dive to wrap up RBs legs after 10 yard gain. Had RB dead to right on backside pursuit play, somehow whiffed on the tackle. Off man, strong two hand jam on WR on inside slant, disrupted the play and QB had to scramble. Driven back 20 yards by the WR on off tackle run for a chunk gain. Zone coverage, curl route, 10 yard gain, tackled immediately. Off man in slot, quick crossing route, nice job by Love avoiding getting picked by his own guys and working across the field, decent coverage, helped tackle WR short on 4th down to seal the win. Had help from the safety, but it looked like he was going to be able to tackle the guy on his own if he needed to. This was probably his best tape so far, still wasn’t great.

TLDR:
                              Overall, he’s a net negative in the run game, pretty much useless there. In coverage, he can get beat by quickness and speed, and ND knew it, so they’d use him in off man and zone most of the time. I think he’s a really limited player and might be only functional in a cover two type scheme. Lacks athleticism to be left in man coverage extensively, lacks physicality to play zone. You can play anybody in anything, but the results are not likely to be good. This is a snazzy college player that I expect will far less productive in the NFL due to that lack of athleticism and physicality. Still, he has shown ball skills in the past, in the right scheme, he might carve out a productive career. (Did test better at his Pro Day, and I moved him up a little bit, but game speed is a concern with him).

Comment

• I'm drinking Bloody's watching March Madness at the new Gaylord Rockies. This place is ridiculous. Expensive. But cool as sh!+.

Comment

Working...
                                X