This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post

This new guy seems to be a bit OCD.... I like that....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	46
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	2440977

Comment

• Nick!! Where you at with your next pick??

Comment

• Originally posted by jebures View Post

Ive been waiting since pick #3, im pick 68. Which is up for trade.
        I'll trade you my two sixth-rounders for it.

Comment

• I don't pick until #62 and then I take another two-round vacation.

Comment

• OD, you got screwed this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post

I'll trade you my two sixth-rounders for it.
              get bent

Comment

• Houston GM falls asleep at the wheel. He may have forgotten he is picking back to back. Looks like Eddie Mac is here and ready to pick.

Comment

get bent
                  HA Ha Ha

Comment

• With the 53rd overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the BALTIMORE RAVENS select;

LB MACK WILSON, ALABAMA

Mack Wilson is the #85 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

LB MACK WILSON ALABAMA

Georgia (2018): Playing ILB in both 43 and 34 looks, stays on field in nickel and dime. Nice job just swatting the OC away and tackling the RB for short gain on inside run. Attacked the RG and stacked him up in the hole, RB ran into his back, decent gain though. Seems to be calling plays, shifting players around pre-snap. Dropped in zone, TE caught short dig route, Wilson tackled him immediately. Took on the RG in the hole, shoved him off, tackled RB for short gain. One of the few LBs so far that consistently plows into the OGs and actually knocks them backwards. Maybe focusing a bit too much on taking on the OGs, he’s plowing into them and stacking them up, but the RB is just running right by him for big gains and now a TD. RT able to wall him off on off tackle run for solid gain. This has to be part of the scheme or something, if an interior OL starts to climb to the second level, Wilson runs up and engages him. I don’t get it, half of the time he is taking himself out of the play. Could just run around the OG and tackle the RB. Half the time he does slam into the OG, stack him up, and then falls off and tackles the RB, but that still is letting the RB get 4-5 yards a pop. Blitz up the middle, OC absorbed the rush and then pancaked him. Curious about his athleticism, came up form zone to tackle the RB on a short outlet pass, RB jigged him out of his shoes to the point he collided with his own guy and never came close to making the tackle. That looked a little bit like a skinny kid running circles around a fat kid on the playground. Solid read on outside run, but man did he get smoked around the edge by the RB. Legit chance Wilson is a poor athlete. Man coverage on the RB in the slot, ran a slant, Wilson not fluid at all transitioning out of his back pedal. Zone coverage, TE ran a slant, Wilson didn’t get enough depth to impact the passing lane, QB dropped it right over his head and play resulted in long gain. Read, react, stuffed RB in the hole. One of the few times he didn’t have to deal with a blocker. Blitz up the A gap, untouched, forced QB to throw it away. Has a solid rip move to disengage from the OGs. Inside blitz, picked up by the OC. Back deep on the Hail Mary at the end of the game, was one of the guys that knocked it down to seal the win. I didn’t think this was particularly good tape if you’re looking for a 3 down excellent range type LB. I thought it was good tape for a two down interior thumper though.

Oklahoma (2018): Playing ILB. Took on the LG in the hole, fought through the block, helped tackle RB for short gain. Violent with his hands, either a rip move or just throwing the OL off of him. Lined up in off man coverage on the TE out wide, QB didn’t go in that direction. Doing some interesting zone drops with him, will have him turn and sprint to a spot and then turn back around. Charged up from zone to try and tackle the scrambling QB, the WR absolutely laid him out with a crackback block, Wilson never saw it coming. Solid read on off tackle run, the LG got away with holding him and keeping him from the hole. RT able to wall him inside on off tackle run. Missed the tackle on the FB down coming up from zone coverage drop, not sure how that happened, but a clean whiff. Whiffed on tackle on RB in flat, RB caught pass and just ducked under Wilson’s clothesline type tackle attempt. Solid wrap up tackle on RB in middle of field, didn’t even have to move, RB ran right to him. Back to doing his annoying thing of intentionally seeking out the interior O-lineman. 3rd and 1, he reads the inside run, instead of bursting into the hole and tackling the RB, he goes after the OC and rams into him. I have no idea why. The RB goes right by him and picks up the first down. Blitz off the edge, pressure on QB, forced him to throw ball away. Speed looks okay on these blitzes, better than when he’s running around the middle of the field. He drops back in zone an insane amount of times, and for the most part, does a good job. He actively looks around after the snap to see where the WRs are, and if they are running slants or crossing routes, he flows with them across the field. Does a solid job impacting passing lanes and making the QB think twice about forcing a throw inside. His big issue is that he lacks the open field speed to really run with the receivers, so if the QB is patient, they always uncover. Flagged late for hands to the face, knocked the OC’s helmet clean off but the guy kept blocking him and walled him off from a QB scramble up the middle for a TD. This game could be the official zone coverage game for Wilson, he spent the vast majority of this game dropping back in zone. He was rarely tested, which kind of sucked. Had some missed tackles in this games, continues to intentionally engage the OL instead of making plays on the RB, easily the most confusing thing I’ve seen. Athleticism looked better in this game than the Georgia game, but I still have concerns, need to see Combine testing. He’s a weird prospect, mostly a physical two down thumper but used in zone drops extensively.

Clemson (2018): Playing ILB. Nice read on toss sweep, raced straight to the sideline, perfect angle on the RB, big hit and knocked him out of bounds for minimal gain. Flashes of the Georgia game, excellent read immediately on outside sweep, tried to race over and cut him off, not even close, RB blazed around the edge for a 20 yard TD. The difference between those two outside runs was that on the first one Wilson was on the near hash, on this one, the far hash. He definitely does not have sideline to sideline range from MLB. He might be able to protect the edge consistently if limited to half the field as an ILB in a 34 defense. This is where I think he belongs based on tape. If he tests faster than I think he will, I’ll revisit that. Coverage on RB in the flat, quick pass, RB juked him and then raced up the field. Wilson looked stuck in mud. Big hit on QB on scramble, helmet to helmet hit, no call. RB draw up the middle, RB is coming right at him, the OC is just kind of standing around, Wilson of course ignores the RB and hits the OC. This is the damnedest thing, every game he does this. Solid tackle on the RB on inside run, that time Wilson focused just on the RB and stopped him short of the goal line. Blitz up middle, QB pressure. Blitz looping outside around the LG, the RB stone walled him in pass pro. Came up for big hit on slot WR on curl route from zone, I thought that looked pretty good, he tackled him as soon as he caught it. Just not quite enough depth on his zone drop, QB whistled a 10 yard TD pass just over his arms to the WR on a slant behind him. Read, react, stuffed RB on off tackle run for no gain. Clemson just running clock with backups at this point.

TLDR:
                    Overall, Wilson appears to be a limited athlete, especially with change of direction ability. He seems like a really good two down thumper type LB that should operate just within the numbers in a 43 or limited to half a field in the 34. The fact he was used so extensively in zone coverage is intriguing to me. He didn’t look bad doing it, but he never really made any plays either in any of these games. He did look rough any time he was asked to man cover, which was few and far between. If he tests well (he did not, very average), he becomes a lot more interesting due to all this experience in coverage. There has to be a reason Alabama left him out there on every play of every game. I picked the three biggest games of the year to do, nothing really stood out or impressed me with his play, he was mostly solid and has an odd fetish of preferring to hit O-linemen rather than tackle the RB. I still like him best as an ILB in a 34 defense where his range and responsibility can be limited more effectively.

Comment

get bent
                      It's a good deal for you. You are getting one more pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCMElway View Post
                        OD, you got screwed this year.
                        Nah. I'm fine. I do wish I had a 3rd rounder, though. Got my eyes on a dude who probably won't go until the early 4th, but #62 is way too soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                          Houston GM falls asleep at the wheel. He may have forgotten he is picking back to back. Looks like Eddie Mac is here and ready to pick.
                          Won't take long brother, three guys ready for this pick unless Nick takes one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Dude View Post

Nah. I'm fine. I do wish I had a 3rd rounder, though. Got my eyes on a dude who probably won't go until the early 4th, but #62 is way too soon.
                            Who is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie mac View Post

Won't take long brother, three guys ready for this pick unless Nick takes one.
                              If you take my guy I have a nine hour conference call lined up so you guys might be waiting a while. Choose wisely.

Comment

• Someone needs to tell Nick he took Love at 54, not 44, 53 then 44 again.

Comment

Working...
                                X