X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosfanGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    I'm really bullish on Yiadom. That dude is a hammer as a tackling CB, thought his BC tape was Rod Woodson-ish. I think Fangio is going to LOVE him.
    i really liked his tape at BC and he's a good-sized CB. i thought he came on late last year.

i too him for Buffalo last year and was stoked when Denver took him too.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    Hollman was my second highest remaining guy, he was going to get selected in two more picks. Kind of sucks, but oh well.
    Then know that I would hate you both equally.

I really like Hollman. Think he is going to do really well in the NFL. Don't think size is a question for him though. He's 6-0 190. And damn his pro day was good. 4.37 40, 39 inch vert.

Between Stidham and Hollman...this us agreeing thing is creeping me out a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Hollman was my second highest remaining guy, he was going to get selected in two more picks. Kind of sucks, but oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    With the 208th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS select:

CB KA'DAR HOLLMAN, TOLEDO

Ka'Dar Hollman is #80 on my Top 300 Big Board

CB KA’DAR HOLLMAN TOLEDO

Appalachian State (2017): Playing LCB. Toss sweep, able to pivot and chase down RB to push him out of bounds. Press man, not overly fluid in his transition to run with the WR, almost tripped on the turf and fell down. Press man, Go route, WR had several steps as Hollman slipped again, QB went elsewhere. RB sweep, Hollman couldn’t get off the WR’s block and got driven back ten yards, RB eventually stiff armed him into the dirt as he went out of bounds. Read option, played it well, made tackle on QB after 5 yard gain. When he doesn’t trip, he does a nice job with an aggressive jam in press man, these scrub WRs are not separating. Off tackle run, RB coming right at him, he pulled a Dee Ford and ran away from him letting him go by for a big gain. Solid wrap up tackle on RB on off tackle run for no gain. Doesn’t mind getting involved as long as the RB doesn’t have a full head of steam. With his twig-like build, a little bit understandable. Press bail, out route, 15 yard gain. App State up huge at this point, going to play softer coverage and run clock to get this thing over with. For most of this game, the WRs couldn’t even get off the line against Hollman physical press jam. Really intriguing tape, absolutely dominated these scrubs like an adult playing basketball against a 10 year old. Very interested to see him 2018 against legit talent. This was my easy look-see cut up tape, now two full games.

Miami (2018): Playing LCB. Also a gunner on the punt coverage team. Press man on 235lb WR Langham, pretty much just powered through the jam but Hollman with hip pocket coverage on dig route. Press man, Go route, Hollman in perfect inside position to make a play on the ball, WR tackled him, no flag. Announcers saying WR Thomas is a speedster, Hollman ran with him easily. Press man, inside slant, WR just really physical with him at break point and able to body up for a 10 yard gain. Hollman is rail thin, so this is going to be an issue with him. Press man, WR tried a dig route with outside deke, Hollman all over it. Quick WR screen, Hollman able to push him out after 5 yard gain. Solid job falling off the block by the TE to jump on the RB’s back and eventually drag him down after going for a little ride. Press man, inside slant, WR can’t get off his jam. Press man, Go route, great inside pocket coverage, ball badly underthrown, incomplete. Zone, out route, came up and pushed WR out after 10 yard gain. Press man, corner fade, hip pocket coverage, QB went elsewhere. Hollman’s jam and elite man coverage skills are shutting down the Miami WRs that go against him. Walled off and drive out of the play on QB scramble by WR. Miami just ran clock late in this blow out win. Hollman did not really lose a rep, had the one slant play he got bodied out on but that was it. Had elite coverage down the field at all times. Really hope Tyree challenges him more in the next game than Rosier did.

Buffalo (2018): Playing LCB. Off man, post route, tight coverage, Jackson pulled it down and went elsewhere, looked to be primary read. Press man, comeback route, WR able to get physical and push off a little at break point, 15 yard gain. Press man, Go route, back shoulder throw, Holliman in perfect position and able to swat it away. I’m getting excited about this guy, he looks like one of the best coverage CBs in the draft. Not sure about his size, he’s small, but this looks a lot like Parry Nickerson from last draft. Press man against WR Johnson, Johnson leaned into him as if he was running a corner route than suddenly broke into a post, Tyree able to hit him for a 30 yard TD. Nice route by Johnson got some separation with that physical lean, Hollman almost recovered to swat the ball away. Press man, Go route, back shoulder throw, really tight coverage by Hollman, pinched him into the sideline, pass thrown wide and out of bounds. Nice coverage. Press man, inside slant, tight coverage, ball swatted at the line. Zone, deep post, able to run with the WR in his hip pocket, awesome coverage, awesome throw too, but WR couldn’t make diving catch in end zone. Peeled off his guy to make tackle on slot WR on out route for 10 yard gain. Deep corner route, Hollman in hip pocket again, pass incomplete. Press man, Go route, absolutely flawless coverage on Johnson, pinched him out of bounds completely to force the incompletion. Off man, stop route, Hollman charged up and stripped the ball out on the tackle, it rolled out of bounds though. WR juked him in the open field on a long TD YAC play, not Hollman’s man, but had a chance to square him up and not even close. Generally Hollman is not somebody you want to rely on tackling anyone in the open field. Press bail, out route, 5 yard gain. 4th and 2 play, press man, inside slant, Hollman cut the WR off on the route, stepped in front and swatted the ball away.

TLDR:
    This guy is so good, it’s ridiculous. The only question is size, the athleticism and speed is there (Both are there). He is an absolute clone of Maddox and Nickerson, they went in the 4th and 6th rounds last year. Hollman is a very physical press man CB, he’s extremely quick and fast, almost impossible to beat unless a big WR bodies him up. Might have to move to the slot depending on measurements, but dude is an absolute blanket in coverage, one of the best in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Eddie is giving me new reasons to hate the Patriots...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X