Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the holdup, just can’t choose between these two guys I have.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24champ View Post
      Sorry for the holdup, just can’t choose between these two guys I have.
      flip a coin

Comment

• Whew. Some good selections here fellas. Stop being smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24champ View Post
          Sorry for the holdup, just can’t choose between these two guys I have.
          Ain't nothin' wrong with a good hold up every now and then. I appreciate you Champ!

Comment

• Pick is in, will announce.

Comment

• How lame is my life. Sitting here on a Saturday morning, hitting refresh on my browser to see who 24 takes in the 2nd round of a mock draft. **Thinks really hard about doing something productive**

Comment

• Can’t belive deionte was there. Amazing player. Rapp too is great

Comment

• Houston up with two picks in a row and then New England.

Then it's Req time!

Comment

• Originally posted by JCMElway View Post
                    How lame is my life. Sitting here on a Saturday morning, hitting refresh on my browser to see who 24 takes in the 2nd round of a mock draft. **Thinks really hard about doing something productive**
                    Not only am I doing that [and the Jaguars have been waiting since pick #19 until LikeABoss5828 makes our pick at #69] but I'm also reviewing MUG's notes about the players drafted. Unless I made a mistake, it looks like MUG's #21, #23, #24 and #25 overall prospects are still available, pending the results for Elgton Jenkins, Juan Thornhill and Mack Wilson.

Comment

• With the 51st overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the TENNESSEE TITANS select;

OC ELGTON JENKINS, MISSISSIPPI STATE

Elgton Jenkins is the #94 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

OC ELGTON JENKINS MISSISSIPPI STATE

Auburn (2018); Playing OC. Seems like a power pig type, doing some good work against scrub DT Williams. Solid job with cut blocks, and does a good job when tasked with getting to the second level and walling off LBs. Spends most of his time just grappling 1v1 with the NT. Not getting any movement on the DTs, not even trying really, he just anchors both legs, tries to twist the DT and then walls him off from the play. Asked to cut block an excessive amount, most OCs might cut block once over a span of three games, he’s doing it multiple times per drive. Not much athleticism when asked to reach block or lead screens. He’s kind of just a phone booth mauler type, just kind of confused with why he doesn’t drive block at all. Had one play where he clearly tried, and he was shoved down for his efforts. Got some push on Williams down near the goal line, that was better. DT ole’d him at the goal line, he lunged and went flying on his face. Has really struggled with the power of DT Brown in this game, culminated in getting shoved back into the RB and blowing up a 4th and 1 attempt in the 4th quarter. Has done a fine job blocking LBs at the second level all game, though it’s been limited opportunities, he is limited to pretty much going straight ahead though. This is not a player that will be doing much in terms of reach blocks, athleticism very average at best. Think the initial opinion of him being a power type blocker is right, he shows some athleticism within a really small range. Does a lot of cut blocks, can angle block and wall people off fairly well. Strength is solid, but not great. He’s best when just grappling and tying DTs up, doesn’t move them off the line, but can mostly keep them from making a tackle on the ball carrier. Also, Auburn DTs are really good. This was solid tape.

Alabama (2018): Playing OC. Lots of double teams early, did a nice job getting to second level and walling off ILB. Beaten by DT Williams off the ball with quickness, just shot his outside gap and went right around him for the sack. Decent push on DT Buggs, turned him and pushed him out of the lane. Half-assed cut block attempt on DT Davis, he just stepped over him. Destroyed by an inside swim by Williams, just went right past him and blew up the RB. MSU had not left Jenkins 1v1 against Williams since that sack in the 1st quarter, they gave him double team help the rest of the first half. One of the first plays of the second half they leave him 1v1 again, and that run destruction happened. Jenkins can’t handle elite quickness off the ball. He’s a big tub of lard that is effective in a very small space. Double teams and down blocks where he can lean on someone and grind on them, he’s fine. Standing in his little zone after he hikes the ball and absorbing some bull rushes, he’s mostly fine. Getting out on the LBs directly in front of him on inside runs, he can do that. Blocking Quinnen Wililams? Nope. But to be fair, how many interior OL can? Tried to angle block Davis, he just shoved Jenkins off and ran around him to tackle the QB on an outside sweep. Tough tape, he had two reps against Williams 1v1 and he got smoked on both. He can be an effective big-bodied OC when he’s asked to pretty much stay in the middle and zone block. He has the ability to cut block, though he wasn’t very good with it in this game. He might appeal to ZBS teams, but he struggles against quickness while being decent against power. In terms of power of his own, I’m not seeing it. He rarely moves anyone unless he downblocks on them when they don’t see him coming. Has great size and a fair amount of collegiate accolades, but not seeing an elite talent at OC against these elite DTs. Just a solid to good OC that is really struggling at times against the elite DTs.

Iowa (2018): Playing OC. Maybe he’ll look better against non-elite DTs. I just want to see him play with confidence and be effective. Still mostly just positional blocking, he grapples with the DT, and puts his body inbetween the DT and the running lane. Not getting much movement though he did get some push 1v1 against the DE Brincks. It’s a DE, but at this point, I’ll take it Unable to peel off his combo block and pick up the safety blitzing up the A gap. Almost every other OC I’ve done makes that block fairly routine. Halfassing his cut block attempts again, he just lays down and the DL steps over him, it’s ridiculously awful. He is showing some decent stoutness against the 1v1 bull rushes he occasionally faces. Nice job picking up the OLB on a full speed blitz up the A gap, no combo block this time, he was just waiting but he stymied him. I guess they have Brincks play DT quite a bit, they have gone head to head plenty of times and Jenkins generally just mauls him. Jenkins should be able to dominate scrubs, and he definitely did here, but I was having some doubts after the first two games. Nice job with a mirror on DE Nelson on inside spin, had him 1v1, that was a solid rep. Absolutely zero push at the goal line. Time and time again, zero push at the goal line. He played better against Iowa, but he’s just such a limited athlete and player. Not sure what I was expecting, but probably a fair bit more than I got after hearing about Jenkins so much. I have no idea why he's a 1st round prospect, he’s solid, but nothing popped off the tape suggesting anything close to that.

TLDR:
                      He’s big, he snaps the ball fine, so there’s that. He can mostly handle a bull rush and he can move people when he’s part of a double team or down blocking. He doesn’t really pull, and he doesn’t look overly athletic on his cut block attempts. Really struggled against Williams’ quickness and Brown got him a couple times, also slow at times to react to the LB coming on an A gap blitz, so there’s some concern there for sure with reaction ability. Size at OC is at a premium, he does provide that, somebody is going to try and coach him up. After doing other OCs in recent history and this year, I’m not sold on Jenkins as more than a league average OC or OG prospect, but there are a lot of below average interior OL starting in the NFL, so he should still be in demand.
                      Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 03-23-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

Not only am I doing that [and the Jaguars have been waiting since pick #19 until LikeABoss5828 makes our pick at #69] but I'm also reviewing MUG's notes about the players drafted. Unless I made a mistake, it looks like MUG's #21, #23, #24 and #25 overall prospects are still available, pending the results for Elgton Jenkins, Juan Thornhill and Mack Wilson.
                        You are dedicated.

Comment

This new guy seems to be a bit OCD.... I like that....

Comment

• Houston takes Love to play alongside Med's favorite CB, Bradley Roby.

Comment

• With the 52nd overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the PITTSBURGH STEELERS select;

S JUAN THORNHILL, VIRGINIA

Juan Thornhill is the #60 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

S JUAN THORNHILL VIRGINIA

NC State (2018): Playing mostly small zone, quarters even, and rarely single high, spent a fair amount of time up in the box as well. Blitz up middle, untouched, QB pressure. Speed looked ok on that blitz, does not appear to be a burner. Spending a lot of time at LB depth in zone drops. Showed a nice swim move to get by an OG while in pursuit of running play. Looks very comfortable playing up in the box. Solid tackle on RB on inside draw, the NC State RB is a big boy, was a nice job chopping him down. I think he dinged himself on that tackle, two more off tackle runs not that much later and Thornhill was not wanting to go after the RB again, he literally was backing away. Whiffed on tackle on RB along sideline, teammates cleaned it up though. Continuing to just drop in zone, seems like a base quarters type defense. Thornhill is not asked to do much at all. Trying to get a gauge on his speed, looks pretty slow compared to the other safeties I’ve done today. Single high on deep post route, absolutely mugged the WR on the 50/50 ball, no flag somehow. I think he’s purposely letting himself get blocked on these inside running plays, he could easily make plays on the RB but he’s just letting himself get pushed wide with no fight at all. Quickly losing all interest in him as a potential draft pick. Able to make a diving wrap up tackle on back up RB on off tackle run for short gain. Nice job in the running game again where he was lined up at LB depth, looped around the end and ran right into the RB to tackle him for a loss. Not sure he knew what was happening, but he made the play. Single high, Go route up sideline, Thornhill appears to be pretty limited in his range, think he’s going to be a cover two safety at best. They keep using him at single high at times, he offers no help on vertical routes due to lack of speed. He’s also very hit or miss in the run game. I don’t think this is a very good prospect. Zone coverage, quarters again, slot WR caught a curl in front of him, tackled him for a ten yard gain. Off man coverage on TE on corner route when NC State spread them out, coverage good enough that Finley threw it away instead of challenging him. Nice job charging up from safety spot on RB sweep, able to chop RB down before he could turn the corner. Blitz from slot depth around the end, play was read option and QB got scared and pitched it early, Thornhill able to pivot and tackle RB for a big loss. Juked by RB in open field on long run for a missed tackle. This was some serious up and down tape. Had several excellent plays in the running game, and then some absolute duds. Looked aggressive at times, and then looked petrified at times in the run game. In the passing game he mostly spent time in small zone drops doing nothing as he wasn’t challenged. Looked pretty limited in the few single high reps he had, his range was just poor.

Miami (2018): Playing cover two and pretty much every other type of zone there is. Blitz off edge, crashing into pulling LG, kind of chopped him down on the play but also took out the RB right behind him for a loss. As is apparently normal with Thornhill, I have no idea if he meant to make a great play or just stumbled into one. I assume the latter, he got up acting like he had no clue what happened. QB overthrew the WR, Thornhill was behind the WR up the field, the ball passed right in front of his body, five yards after the ball passed him, he reached out his hands and tried to catch it….directly in front of him. Very odd delayed reaction on the play. This guy has six picks this year, I’m going to have to find a highlight to see how that happened. Off man coverage on the slot WR, got smoked on a seam route, luckily he has some help over the top and the ball was picked off. Cover two, just kind of floated over behind the WR on an out route, this time when the QB overthrew him Thornhill was ready and snagged the ball, good return where he ran over the ref at the end. Off man coverage on slot WR, out route that the WR was wide open on, QB missed the throw. The Miami QB in this game is ridiculously awful. Had a long run down the sideline by the Miami RB where Thornhill was making some gains on him, and the INT return earlier looked pretty fast. Just like his play, his athleticism seems to go up and down as well. Right now I’m thinking he’s a solid athlete. Decent job reading off tackle run and flying up to chop down the RB and limit the gain. Cover two, deep post, ran with the WR, had good over the top coverage on him. Blitz off edge, pancaked hard by the RT. Whiffed on tackle of RB on off tackle run, just put his head down and missed him clean. Able to make up for it on the next play from LB depth where he read inside run and came up to stuff RB for no gain. RB screen for a big gain, Thornhill able to clean up the tackle well down the field. Sitting in zone, DL batted up a ball, floated right to him for the INT, decent return. Thought this was better tape overall, the two INTs were due to being in the right place at the right time, Thornhill did catch the balls though. The Virginia defense is pretty confusing with all its extensive zone drops, if there is a type of zone, he probably played it in this game. Makes him tough to evaluate. Sometimes he looks athletic, other times he looks slow. Need more Cover two and cover one to figure out his range. The INT returns mostly make me think he has plus speed overall, which makes some of his efforts to run up and get involved in the running game, especially against NC State, more suspect. Still, not convinced he’s a good player yet. He has a lot of luck go his way.

South Carolina (2018): Playing cover two. Up at LB depth, RB sweep outside, whiffed on the tackle attempt. RB pitch off tackle, Thornhill with big collision with the RB in the hole to limit him to small gain. That was a good play, no fear or hesitation there. I feel like if that exact play happens ten times, five times he’ll make the same play he just did, and the other five he’ll slow down and let someone block him so he doesn’t have to tackle the guy. Read, react, limit gain on off tackle run. Looks like he’s playing hard in this bowl game, another nice tackle on the RB in the hole. Walled off by OG on inside run. Blitz off edge, QB pressure, made QB throw ball away. Zone coverage in middle of field, WR ran an intermediate slant right in front of him, very slow to react to it and then let the WR blow right by him for some YAC. Definitely the most frustrating safety prospect to evaluate thus far by a significant amount. Blitz off edge, had QB dead to left and actually dove over him to miss the free sack. Thornhill kills me. I hope Denver doesn’t draft this guy, I don’t really want to have to watch him indepth ever again. It’s maddening. Man coverage on TE in flat, turned into wheel route that the TE had several steps on Thornhill for an easy TD but the QB threw it over his head out of the endzone. Lined up in the middle of the field at safety, on the snap he immediately ran to a zone near the sideline, QB thought he had his TE open up the sideline, instead threw the ball right to Thornhill running over to his zone. Solid snag on the pass and a decent return. Nothing special about that INT either, just schemed it right to him. I’ve seen half of his picks for the entire season now, all of them were right place, right time gift wrap INTs. And he probably should have had a fourth as well. Playing center zone, post route from the slot, picked it up and had good coverage, able to knock ball away. Single high, did the exact same thing rolling the coverage to the sideline immediate on the snap that he just did for the INT, South Carolina ran the same route, QB made the same throw, only the result this time was Thornhill knocking the ball away instead of picking it off. Very close to another INT though. Overall, up and down tape again.

TLDR:
                              The guy is a human roller coaster. I anticipate he’ll time pretty well at the Combine, but the drills are going to be the most important thing for evaluating him. Everything starts with can he be more than just a zone coverage safety. I feel like he flashed at times like he can, but the Virginia defense is very limited in what they ask any individual player to do. As it stands, sometimes Thornhill is great in both the run and pass, sometimes he’s awful in both. He does seem to consistently luck his way into production and stats though, but maybe that in itself is a skill. Going to let his performance at the Combine really sway how I grade him. I didn’t get enough from this scheme, only a migraine. (Performance at combine was outstanding, flashed athleticism and speed not seen on tape. Has a history at CB. This year’s workout warrior version of the S/CB hybrid, last year Tarvarius Moore went in Round 3, Thornhill is better, he's going to get drafted high).

Comment

Ive been waiting since pick #3, im pick 68. Which is up for trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X