Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
    smileys working just fine

Wait no they are not I put a lot more in than that.

They are not working worth a damn. This post originally had the laughing while pointing up smiley on it . Nothing else and it didn't show up so I edited it to this instead.

Comment

• I just posted 43 smileys. Only the towel wave works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
        Lindstrom was who I really wanted to take at 37, I just couldn't justify it with NY now stocked up on guards. If he was projected to possibly play outside I would have, for sure. I think he could go much higher than this.
        I was trying to move up to get him, but no takers.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

I just want you all to know that I am going to trade up and then sit on the clock. I am going to have a meeting, a conference call, a personal emergency and fall asleep.
          Please do this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Please do this!
            You and your damn research!

Comment

• Going to the mountains later this evening so I may not have service till Sunday at some point.

I doubt I'll be OTC before then at the rate we are going. If so, JCM or 24 can text me.

Comment

• SoCal is going into the wilderness to get us some elk meat. Thanks bro! Elk chops and strips is just what this draft party needed!

Comment

• Heading out to dinner with the family. Will make my selection when we return if BPC has made his by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                    SoCal is going into the wilderness to get us some elk meat. Thanks bro! Elk chops and strips is just what this draft party needed!
                    I think it has more to do with his cougar fetish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Traveler View Post
                      Heading out to dinner with the family. Will make my selection when we return if BPC has made his by then.
                      Bring us back the leftovers.

Comment

• Bison are giving Duke everything they got. **** Duke!

Comment

• Bison small white dudes stand no chance lol this is zions tourney baby

Comment

• Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                            Bison small white dudes stand no chance lol this is zions tourney baby
                            They were in it for a half. Lol!

Comment

• With the 44th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the GREEN BAY PACKERS select;

WR DEEBO SAMUEL, SOUTH CAROLINA

Deebo Samuel is my #108 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

WR DEEBO SAMUEL SOUTH CAROLINA

Georgia (2018): Playing outside WR, some slot. He’s a little short and squatty. LWR, press man, Go route up sideline against CB Baker, got squeezed a little too much out of bounds and drew the PI flag. LWR, zone coverage, quick out route, saw the LB barreling at him and had the ball clang off his hands and up into the air, CB snagged it for a pick six. Samuel legitimately got scared and tried to snatch the ball quickly so he could turn away from the big hit that was coming. LWR, press man, Go route, had a step but QB checked it down. Press man, Go route up sideline, back shoulder throw, CB grabbed his jersey and yanked him down to force incompletion, drew a second PI call. LWR, off man, avoided jam up sideline, QB overthrew ball and Samuel couldn’t make one handed catch. LWR, press man, able to release inside and into a crossing route, caught pass a few yards short of first down line, tackled into the referee. Samuel is showing decent quickness out of his breaks, he’s getting mostly shadowed by Baker, so the matchup is challenging, but he’s open frequently on his inside routes, the QB is just not willing to make any type of risky throw with the game still close. Samuel looks to be a pretty good blocker on screens and in the run game. LWR, zone coverage, out route, bad throw but nice leaping snag by Samuel and able to get his feet down for 10 yards. LWR, off man, quick slant route for a short gain to move the sticks. LWR, zone coverage, dig route, dropped a well thrown ball, hit him right in the hands. LWR, off man coverage, dig route, 10 yard gain. LWR, press man, 10 yard curl route, nice catch in contested coverage. Initial thought is that this looked pretty similar to Christian Kirk, same kind of short, thick build, and running a lot of short routes gaining separation with quickness out of the breaks. Hands were a little shaky in this game, got out-physicaled at times by the much smaller CBs. South Carolina uses him outside extensively, I think this is more of a slot WR in the NFL.

Texas AM (2018): Playing outside WR. Jet sweep, minimal gain, just nowhere to go. Decent cut block on off tackle run. LWR, zone coverage, ten yard out route the QB overthrew and Samuel couldn’t make a one handed snag on. Shows good quickness when faking a DB one way and then cutting back the other off the line. Generally can get space off the snap, but QB rarely is ready to fire the ball that quickly. LWR, zone coverage, playaction Go route, 50 yard bomb, had two steps on the CB, and dropped the ball, CB did kind of get his hand in there a little bit at the last second, but still should have been caught. To this point in time, Samuel has been about as impressive as a one inch dong. Screen from the slot, dropped that pass too. Jet sweep, stuffed against for minimal gain, he’s quicker than fast, but when you run laterally, you need to literally be fast. However fast Samuel is, it’s not enough. LWR, press man, crossing route, 15 yard gain, almost fumbled at the end. LWR, zone coverage, 10 yard comeback route on sideline. LWR, zone coverage, go route up sideline, 50/50 ball, DB never saw it, Samuel able to cut back and make the grab while drawing a PI. LWR, zone coverage, corner route, ball put right on him and it clanged off his hands incomplete. LWR, zone coverage, slant route, broken initial tackle, got a few extra yards. LWR, press man, inside slant, CB able to chop ball away from behind, incomplete pass. LWR, off man, CB got picked on his fade route, easy 10 yard TD, double clutched the ball and almost dropped it though. I think Samuel has terrible hands. He’s dropped more passes in these two games than all the other WRs I’ve done combined. I’m only done with about a quarter of them, but still, this is bad tape. Looks relatively limited as an athlete and runner, quicker than fast type, which can work in the slot, but he’s not being used in the slot. Hands are highly suspect. Has shown a tendency to drop balls if he feels he might get hit. Not a fan of that.

Clemson (2018): Playing outside WR, but mostly in the slot. This is a monster statistical game, and he needs a good showing, Samuel is in late round territory on my board after those first two tapes. Swing pass in the slot for 5 yards. I like that he’s being used in the slot, hopefully that continues for evaluation purposes. He has zero chance at playing outside WR in the NFL. Screen in the slot, good blocking able to get 15 yards down the sideline. This looks good so far. RB screen, whiffed on his block attempt, usually he does a solid job blocking. LWR, press man, jacked up by the jam by the CB, able to redirect inside on slant, got a step on CB and able to score 10 yard TD. I think the CB put too much emphasis on that jam and got a little off balance. LWR, press man, Go route, struggled to get off the line due to the jam and got pinched hard into the sideline on route, pass well overthrown due to that and incomplete. That was CB Terrell that owned his soul. Screen from slot, minimal gain, gang tackled that time. LWR, zone, corner route on double move off inside slant, had a step but QB threw ball inaccurate and out of bounds. This QB is about as erratic as Samuel is. Samuel is having serious trouble separating against the press CBs on Clemson, even on his quick inside slants and drag routes, they are just running in his hip pocket. Slot, off man coverage, post route, just beat the tortoise speed safety clean on the route and then out ran him to the end zone for the 75 yard TD. There was nobody else back in the Clemson secondary, whatever that defensive scheme was, junk it. Jet sweep for 5 yards, made a couple people miss just to get that. Bubble screen outside for 15 yards, has some blocks and got up the field quickly. Swing pass in slot, nice effort to fight through tackle and extend to just reach the first down. LWR, press man, inside slant, CB swatted ball away. RWR, zone coverage, dig route, 15 yard gain. Clemson up big late in the game, looks like going zone and letting South Carolina chew up some clock here on out. Slot, zone coverage, post route, almost made a diving catch, but unable to bring it in. Probably should have been able to bring that in. LWR, zone, post route, easy 40 yard TD, not even sure the CBs were trying to cover him. Game is already over, so all this is just junk time stats. Slot, zone coverage, 30 seconds left in the game, stop route 20 yards down the field and then went into kick return mode just running around and weaving through defenders, broke about ten arm tackles on a 50 yard gain, Clemson guys just want to go home. Better tape for sure, was used from the slot the majority of the time, which is where he should have been all season.

TLDR:
                              He’s a lot like Christian Kirk, but Kirk was more elusive and had better hands. Has some value due to elite return skills and production. Broke his leg in 2017 and missed most of the season. Not a fan of his as a receiver, hands are not good, gets gun shy at times, and struggles to separate against both physical CBs and quick CBs. I think he’s going to struggle in the NFL, slot guy only, return ability and gadget plays are where his value is.

Comment

• With the 45th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the ATLANTA FALCONS select;

CB ROCK YA-SIN, TEMPLE

Rock Ya-Sin is my #113 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

CB ROCK YA-SIN TEMPLE

Buffalo (2018): Playing LCB. Press man, good coverage on Go route up sideline, called for PI with faceguarding. Ticky tack. Off man coverage, curl route inside for 10 yard gain. Not really sure what Ya-Sin was doing there, gave up the easy first down conversion on 3rd and long. Able to come up on off tackle run to make the stop on the RB. Off man on 3rd and 4, WR able to body up Ya-Sin on inside curl and convert the first down. Press man, solid coverage on intermediate comeback route, QB went elsewhere. Press bail on Go route, initially solid coverage but called for PI apparently for cutting off the WRs route down the field. Press man, WR able to beat him on inside slant, but QB scrambled instead. Unable to make open field tackle on WR that just sliced inside as he came up on tackle, Ya-Sin fell down trying to cut with him. Able to pick up a two point conversion attempt and return it for the score. QB had to force the ball to avoid a sack, Ya-Sin did a nice job baiting the QB near the sideline in the end zone. Came up again to tackle WR in the open field, this time on a crossing route coming towards him, and once again he whiffed on the tackle. Press man, Go route, backshoulder throw, good coverage, pass incomplete. Press man, Go route, QB underthrew ball, good inside positioning, nice INT at the goal line. Off man, quick out route, shoved WR out of bounds after short gain. Press man, come back route, great sticky coverage by Ya-Sin, able to swat ball away. Off man, dig route, WR unable to corral high throw, had several steps though. Off man, come back route, able to jump the route to some degree and almost make a diving INT. Press man, back shoulder throw for a 5 yard TD to beat him clean. Nothing Ya-Sin could do on that, perfect throw and catch low and away. Nice job coming up and chopping down the TE for minimal gain at the sideline. Press man, Go route, backshoulder throw, good position and got drilled in the back to cause an incompletion. Crashed down off the edge and able to help tackle RB on inside run. Press man, decent one arm jam on Go route. Tape was mostly good, flashes sticky coverage skills, but struggles with getting bodied up and physicality of the WRs. Willing to get involved in the run game, but struggled to make open field tackles on elusive ball carriers. Did show solid ball skills in this game.

Maryland (2018): Playing LCB. Press man, Go route, WR actually had a few steps on him, but QB threw a floater that was well underthrown, dropped right into Ya-Sin’s lap, but he dropped the INT. Decent tackle on RB on outside run, RB pretty much used Ya-Sin as a speed bump and tackled himself. Press man, nice tight coverage on intermediate curl route, QB went different direction. Press man, jam, intermediate dig route, sticky coverage the entire time. Unable to get off WR block on RB sweep, got driven all over the field. The Maryland RB is fast, Ya-Sin really struggles to try and mirror or tackle speed in the open field, RB just ran right by him on long run. Able to help tackle RB on outside sweep, does a fine job when the RB runs straight into him. Tape was fine, the Maryland offense is pretty awful, the QB can’t throw accurately or it would have been much more interesting for Ya-Sin since the WRs had some speed and were able to get by him at times. Played a fair amount of zone in this game as well. He seems okay, but I’m not seeing anything that looks like an elite player. I see more of a Day 3 guy than a potential 1st rounder like some of the talking heads have hinted at.

UCF (2018): Playing LCB. Press man, WR able to beat him off the line inside and had two steps on a deep post, QB checked it down instead though. Press man, solid jam, had inside position and WR wanted to run the slant anyway, basically had to flatten and run a dig route, QB threw the ball, Ya-Sin able to swat it away. Press man, tight coverage on his guy, did a nice job of seeing the QB start to throw deep and trying to race down the field to help on corner route. Not fast enough for that, but still a nice effort play. Press man, inside slant, 10 yard gain, tackled immediately. Press man, comeback route,10 yard gain. Ya-Sin is great until he has to change direction, once he has to mirror the WR on any type of sudden break or cut, he’s in trouble because he just lacks response and quickness. Press man, missed his jam and WR got around him outside, QB chose to scramble instead of throw it though. Continues to struggle to get off WR blocks to help get after the RB in run game. Tape was fine, played strictly in press man the vast majority of this game until late when he started to play a little zone. Was beaten at times throughout the game but the QB was not really interested in going deep. This was more of a spread em out and check it down game plan. The Combine is going to be huge for Ya-Sin because despite doing a solid job in man coverage most of the time, I think he's just an average athlete. Seems pretty stiff and does not change directions or react well to suddenness. Straight line speed is ok, not great, he was dusted more than a few times by some of the faster WRs he faced. I’d say he’s a zone CB, but I don’t trust his reaction skills and ability to take proper angles. One year starter at Temple after transferring from Presbyterian College. He’s a pretty big boom or bust guy, and probably not someone I would be drafting based on the potential Day 1 hype he’s been getting. Day 3 is more my speed depending on the Combine. Extra weight on his measurables since his tape and competition is so limited.

TLDR:
                                Zone CB that struggles to change direction and stick with WRs. Combine did bear that out with testing as well. Straight line speed not as good as hoped, but solid. One year at Temple, transfer from Presbyterian College. Huge boom or bust factor. Tape was extremely average, he can play, but he struggled a fair amount, especially in run defense, which as a probable zone CB is not a great thing. Has a fair amount of developmental upside, which puts him in Day 3 for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X