• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the 43rd overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the DETROIT LIONS select;

OG CHRIS LINDSTROM, BOSTON COLLEGE

Chris Lindstrom is my #49 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board

OG CHRIS LINDSTROM BOSTON COLLEGE

Miami (2018): Playing RG. Athleticism looks solid, they’re pulling him around the LT at times. Plays a little out of control when in open space. Decent job pulling around LG and picking up backside DE crashing down. DT Odenigbo got under him and drove him back on one rep. Pulled around the OC and smashed into LB Quarterman, that was pretty much a stalemate but he did keep him from making the play. Pretty good 1v1 battle with DT Willis, gave up a lot of ground to the bull rush but able to secure the block long enough for the QB to get the ball out. Pulled him around the LT, he absolutely KO’d the DB and laid him out. He runs pretty well in open space, just looks a little out of control, not smooth. Nice job picking off the ILB on an A gap blitz, shoved him wide. Decent push on Willis on 4th and 1 to help pick up a first down. Yeah, I’m thinking he has good speed for an OG, he’s picking off the OLB with pancakes on sweeps, gets out to that second level fast. Has had several reps against Willis now, has mostly been an even split, but he definitely moves him in short yardage situations most of the time. Really nice block on the ILB at the second level on the far hash, ran across the field to take him out just in time on an inside run. Key block on Willis where he drove him laterally to the sideline and made a gaping hole for the RB on a chunk gain. Nice mirror against Quarterman on the LB blitz, tried to give him some shimmy shake n bake and Lindstrom mirrored it perfectly. One of the better run blocking OGs I’ve seen, consistently gets good movement when needed, strong drive blocker with plus movement skills. Struggles a bit more in the passing game, can be beaten inside with quickness, also gets moved a little bit more than you’d like with the bull rush. BC got up and was able to run the ball extensively in this game, he’s a pretty dominating run blocker. Not elite, just really, really good.

Clemson (2018): Playing RG. Started the game off with a pancake on DE Bryant on off tackle run. Nice job picking up the DE on stunt inside, showed a strong punch as well. Doing a nice job against the quick inside rush off the snap, showing surprising quickness in picking up some of these stunts as well. Mainly battling with DT Wilkins in this game, neither is really moving the other, but Wilkins isn’t making any tackles either. Easily handling a straight 1v1 bull rush by Bryant. Nice job picking up blitz by LB Lamar, good quickness inside, able to handle him. Some nice evaluation reps in the 3rd quarter, several reps 1v1 strength against strength with DT Lawrence, Lindstrom held his own. Followed that up with an excellent mirror rep on Wilkens who was trying his darndest to shake him and get by. BC got worked over by Clemson pretty bad, so they were throwing a lot in this game. The vast majority of the time Lindstrom did his job, nothing flashy, just kept his guy blocked. This was a very good DL filled with stars, and I would say he got the better of every one of them to some degree. Again, he’s never a dominating type guy, the tape doesn’t scream out at you, but you get to the end of the game and you realize he hasn’t really been beaten that much, if at all. Thought he showed some good pass pro chops in this game, after struggling a little with the bull rush against Miami, was good to see him hunker down and play well against bigger and stronger guys. He’s a stud blocking in the run game, though he’s not a dynamic people mover. If this is representative of how he’ll play against an NFL DL, then he’ll do his job and keep people from making tackles on the RB. In pass pro, he’ll win far more often than he’ll lose. Looks like a plug and play RG, should fit any scheme. This is a poster child for a second round pick at OG that starts immediately.

FSU (2018): Playing RG. Nice job mirroring DT when he tried inside spin move on redirect, he shut that down so well, the guy couldn’t even get turned back around. Solid job on 3rd and short, good combo on the DE and then got a strong block on the safety crashing the line. Has a strong, violent initial punch in pass pro, jolts the defender, plays with maximum arm length and appears very stout. Having his hands full with DT Wilson, looks like a future draft pick. Guy is big, strong, and has decent quickness, he’s really using his power to shove Lindstrom around a little bit. Nice pull around the LT to pick off the DE on inside run. Got a little too focused on getting to the second level, let the DT Christmas slip his initial block inside and stuff the run. This game has been ultra-tedious tape, just a boring game to do. It’s a total slugfest filled with short runs and punts. This has been his most lackluster tape so far, though in the 2nd half, he has been winning all his reps, it’s just not dominating in any facet. Not sure if FSU has great DT talent or not, but there are a handful of guys and all of them are giving him a challenge. He’s getting very little movement when drive blocking, but having a lot of success with positional blocking and simply turning and walling guys from the lane. In pass pro, he’s gotten moved back a little bit by straight bull rushes again. Has had a few warts with getting beaten inside off the snap by the DT shooting the gap, has also had the LBs squirt under him to the inside when he’s out at the second level trying to block. The vast majority of the time he’s doing his job well though. Nice job running across the entire field making multiple blocks, including one all the way at the sideline, on outside sweep the other direction. He’s done that multiple times now. Effort and running ability on him is good. Tried to block the safety at the second level, he stood him up and then went on to stuff the run. Lindstrom just came in too high, DB went low and initiated contact, think it surprised Lindstrom. Tape was mostly fine, nothing overly impressive, nothing overly concerning, just mostly did his job. Maybe plays up or down to his competition, thought he was excellent against the far superior DLs of Miami and Clemson, but merely solid on this tape against the Noles.

TLDR:
    Overall, he’s a very good run blocking OG with some limitations with his pass pro, but mostly he’s a rock solid plug and play RG at the next level. Would say one of the safer picks in the draft, kind of where the ceiling and floor are almost touching.

Comment

• Damn you JCM!

Comment

• Well....poop....I guess I need to stack my Day 3 board with what I have completed and just swap in new people if I get impressed. Back in a few hours.

Comment

• I wonder why it is that the Broncos never seem to draft those plug and play guys...

Comment

• Oh I see how it is. Ya'll just going to start drafting like you have some sense now huh?

Comment

• Sorry about the delay today fellas. I had a miscommunication about getting it posted while I was slammed at work. Thanks for the patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCMElway View Post
                Sorry about the delay today fellas. I had a miscommunication about getting it posted while I was slammed at work. Thanks for the patience.
                Lol, you're fine. You didn't spend 18 hours on the clock like Bmore did or come up with the "in a conference call for 8 hours" excuse like Med.

Comment

• That's a great pick for Green Bay. Deebo with Adams has a lot of potential. That's the type of receiver GB needs. Nice work Buff.

Comment

• Lindstrom was never going to make it to 51 with this crew drafting. Still **** you JCM! Dammit!

Comment

• Originally posted by Traveler View Post
                      Damn you JCM!
                      Lindstrom was who I really wanted to take at 37, I just couldn't justify it with NY now stocked up on guards. If he was projected to possibly play outside I would have, for sure. I think he could go much higher than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                        That's a great pick for Green Bay. Deebo with Adams has a lot of potential. That's the type of receiver GB needs. Nice work Buff.
                        Thanks!

Comment

• Smiley’s don’t even work on this site, wtf.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24champ View Post
                            Smiley’s don’t even work on this site, wtf.
                            “Smile”

Comment

• smileys working just fine

Wait no they are not I put a lot more in than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post

Lol, you're fine. You didn't spend 18 hours on the clock like Bmore did or come up with the "in a conference call for 8 hours" excuse like Med.
                                I just want you all to know that I am going to trade up and then sit on the clock. I am going to have a meeting, a conference call, a personal emergency and fall asleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X