X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the 30th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the GREEN BAY PACKERS select;

S NASIR ADDERLEY, DELAWARE

Nasir Adderley is my #77 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board.

S NASSIR ADDERLEY DELAWARE

Lafayette (2018): Playing deep safety, usually halves, but sometimes single high. Off man coverage on TE in the slot, solid job on curl route. Charged up from deep zone drop to tackle WR on quick out route. Solid wrap up tackle on the RB in the flat. Looks to have solid range, charged over from his deep half field position to swat away a corner route on the sideline. Playing single high, read sluggo route by the outside WR up the seam, drifted over and had a leaping INT in the endzone. Showed good jumping ability and range on the play. Was a solid hands grab as well. That’s about it for notes on this game. The Lafayette offense was non-existent, the QB could not throw remotely accurate, and Adderley played deep the entire game. He appears to be a rangy centerfield type safety with plus athleticism, though I didn’t get a good feel for his speed in this game. Was not used in the run game at all.

North Dakota State (2018): Playing mostly halves and a lot of single high in this game, will also line up at LB depth in the slot though rarely. This is the best team and QB he faced, hopefully will get a good feel for him after this tape. Slot LB depth, charged up on off tackle run and able to wrap up the legs of the RB for minimal gain. Playing halves, good reaction and range to knock WR out of bounds who had beaten his man down the sideline. That was a TD saving tackle. Charged up from deep safety spot on off tackle run the other direction, slot WR cracked back inside and put a good block on him, Adderley redirect off that and make the tackle on the RB in the middle of the field. Good effort and nice job playing through the hard block. Playing single high, WR on intermediate slant, Adderley able to run him down and limit the big gain. Adderley appears to have solid sideline to sideline range and good chase speed. Playing close to LB depth in the slot, decent read on QB sneak, kind of waited for him but able to tackle QB and limit gain. Charged up from single high on inside QB scramble, nice diving open field tackle on the QB. Single high, a little late with the read on a seam route, luckily CB able to knock ball away. Bit hard on a read option, charged across the field after the RB, QB kept it and ran behind him for a 10 yard TD. Single high, Go route up sideline, great throw by the QB, Adderley almost able to come all the way from center field to make the play, needed another second and he would have been there, was able to knock WR out of bounds after he caught the ball though. Range and speed are plus, but do not appear to be elite. Stick kind of moon balled that throw too, he had some time to run. Does not seem afraid of contact, will plow into blockers and the RB. Definitely more of a wrap up tackler than big hitter though. Off man on outside WR as they blitzed the CB, contested the intermediate slant route, jumped extremely high again, but WR able to make the grab. Playing thirds, had the center zone, WR on intermediate crossing route, Adderley charged up to go for the ball but WR able to twist and pull it in, Adderley was out of position for tackle attempt and WR almost got a 40 yard TD just before half. Was ruled he went down at the 1 yard line with no time left. NDSU up huge at half time, probably going to just run clock to get the game over with in the second half. That’s exactly what they did. Did pull off a sneaky playaction on 3rd down where the entire defense bit up hard and they hit a Go route down the sideline for a chunk gain. Playing halves, came up from his zone and destroyed the TE on a Go route up the sideline, dislodged the ball at the catch point and knocked the TE out of the game. Big time hit. Run blitz around the corner from slot depth, TE able to wall him off. A lot of just running clock with inside runs in the fourth quarter. Adderley tried to get involved at times, but he generally got swallowed up by blockers. Did not look natural at all playing near the box in the running game. Think it’s pretty clear he’s a rangy center field type safety. He will tackle RBs, and he will make hard hits on WRs, but most of the time he’s content to wrap up and go for the ball instead. Really nice tape to try and pin down what he is. Needed it after the first game.

Elon (2018): Playing a mix of single high and halves. Read outside sweep from his deep half position, able to charge up and help tackle the RB, what he really did was missed the wrap up, but slowed the RB down so much that his teammates just gang tackled him. Single high, read Go route up sideline, raced over showing solid speed and excellent range, went for the diving INT instead of tackling the WR. WR able to snag the ball and Adderley went sailing out of bounds empty handed. His entire defense of that play though was athletic and rangey. Cover two, QB with a deep Go route to the other side of the field, Adderley way faster than the other safety on the play trying to chase after it. They should just play him single high the entire game, the QB keeps attacking the other safety in the two deep look, the other safety is really slow and absolutely useless. Once again coming from the far side of the field, Adderley way faster and far closer to catching up with the WR on his route than the safety that was supposed to have deep coverage on that side. Adderley getting bored not getting any action deep, charged up on offtackle run and blasted into the RB’s legs. He got him down, so that was good, but probably hurt him more than the RB. 50/50 ball up sideline to Adderley’s side, easily able to range over and contest the throw, but WR just out high pointed him for the catch. Continues to show good effort and chase pretty much every play no matter where on the field. Able to track the QB down all the way across the field up the sideline to prevent an even bigger play. Alright, so this is an easy evaluation even against limited competition. Elon just ran most of the game, and Adderley is not really that involved in the run game. Every now and then he feels a little froggy, charges in and smacks the RB, then remembers why he doesn’t do that all that often.

TLDR:
    Centerfield ballhawk type safety with plus speed and range. Not elite, just good. Combine should clarify how good. He's not a pure finesse cover safety, but he leans a lot more that way than someone that is going to blow people up with hard tackles. In a passing league, his skillset is in demand at Safety.

Note/Explanation: I know the media is putting him in the 1st round, but the tape was good, not great. His senior bowl week was considered strong, and he's a legit talent, deserves to go on Day 2. My issue is that he hasn't worked out, didn't do anything at the Combine. Tape and competition was limited, all I really have is his Senior Bowl feedback and the Raiders blow smoke up everyone's butt and picking off noodle arm Jones doesn't impress me all that much. If I knew his speed, agility, and just general overall athleticism, I'd feel better about pinning down his potential and draft value, but as it stands, I'm not putting an FCS guy before Round 3. Maybe Adderley is this year's version of Darius Leonard. A lot of people certainly think so, in which case this is a good pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
      But srsly, mug thanks for posting the write-ups again. Really look fwd to those when we do this
      Yeah man, you got it. Every year I keep telling myself I'm never doing this again. And then, here I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Neither, was just being cute with the intro.
        Ok, thanks. Trades are more challenging in this game without the option of trading players and future draft picks, so I'm guessing it's harder to get perfect value for a high pick without removing a huge chunk of draft capital from the other GM. And since I'm new in the game, I had only witnessed two trades before we started working to move up from #38.

Comment

Yeah man, you got it. Every year I keep telling myself I'm never doing this again. And then, here I am.
          Just when I thought I was out...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQViGMbmCVZXgOka57EGA2CTGRr9EzYHzIjzyiEEvx-lzWwqgAG.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	2439833

Comment

• Rams pick is in. Don't know how to add a pic (anymore) of the guy , but posted a link. Sounds like he'll be a beast in the NFL for years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

Ok, thanks. Trades are more challenging in this game without the option of trading players and future draft picks, so I'm guessing it's harder to get perfect value for a high pick without removing a huge chunk of draft capital from the other GM. And since I'm new in the game, I had only witnessed two trades before we started working to move up from #38.
              You got great value. I'd been considering 38, 69 and 98 for 17 in response to your final offer, and I'd have been losing in even that scenario.

Comment

• I think Ford is a great pick there, especially with Whitworth potentially retiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                  Green Bay has a shot at redemption after the Rashan Gary snafu at 12. Aaron Rodgers could use a few more friends.
                  Gary is a damn good player and he will shine as a pro. No snafu there.

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                  It's pretty amazing that we blew through one round in basically 48 hours. The dedication this band of draft brothers has is simply amazing. Would probably go to war with all of you guys besides Scribe. I'd leave him behind.
                  Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                  He'd claim to have too much going on, anyway.

Actually we can't leave him behind because I think he fills prescriptions so he would be our field medic. That's pretty important to have.
                  I can fill your Norco all day, but you get shot and you are FLC cause I don't do wound dressing.

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Only because his supervisors are so impressed and he's getting his fifteenth promotion this year. We can't blame Scribe for kicking ass and taking names.
                  The bastards discovered my secret. I love money and they keep offering me more. What am I supposed to do, refuse the money? Nah hell. Gimme, gimme, GIMME!!!

Wait. Didn't Scribe say a few months back he wouldn't have time to participate because of work? Yet here he is, with the rest of us goons, pretending to be the next great GM on the interwebs. Just think of how of how slow this draft would have gone had that Bmore guy actually been Ravens GM.
                  To answer the question about still being here for the draft, that's just because I make my own schedule.

Comment

I'd be interested to hear some views and thoughts on Harry, especially from Scribe and anyone that follows Arizona State. He's a unique guy with how he plays and his build, I definitely struggled with ranking him because he didn't really play or catch like a normal WR.
                    I like him a lot. He's a big physical receiver who can play outside, he's going to be great at 50/50 balls, he can box out and rebound.
                    If you look at the measureables and combine stats, he is very very similar to Courtland Sutton in hands, arm length, hand size, weaknesses and strengths.

He is going to be a big time catch radius target and with a guy like Jackson and he scrambling ability, it will give Harry a lot of time to break big plays once the coverage tries to cheat down and help tackle Lamar. I see Roman using him in a very similar way to Crabtree in San Fran with Kaep. Think he has a much higher ceiling than Crabtree and more game speed. Plus he's scrappy as a blocker so that will also help the running game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos23 View Post
                      I like Butler as much as anyone, but I wouldn't use a first on him...maybe it's just me
                      Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                      With the 29th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the NEW YORK GIANTS select;

WR HAKEEM BUTLER, IOWA STATE

Hakeem Butler is my #73 overall prospect on my Top 300 Big Board.

WR HAKEEM BUTLER IOWA STATE

Oklahoma (2018); Playing outside WR, some slot. LWR, press man, Go route, 15 yard reception. Had the CB beat, could have been a long play, but the QB threw a crappy underthrown low trajectory ball that Butler had to stop and reach back to secure. He did get to show off some Brandon Marshall like beast mode after the catch though. Doesn’t show much agility off the snap, will try and do an inside stab step at time to try and shake the CB and get outside release, but I wouldn’t say it’s quick or smooth. Nice job blocking downfield on off tackle run. Not really surprised a big dude like this is a good blocker against DBs. RWR, press man, Go route, CB did a nice job pinching Butler into the sideline and cutting off his route, still ball well overthrown. However, I don’t want to see a big WR like this get pinched that easily. RWR, off man coverage, out route on 3rd and long right at the sticks, CB broke on the ball and swatted it away, Butler almost able to make an acrobatic snag on the ball after it got swatted. LWR, zone coverage, stop route, juked the CB to make him miss and pick up some YAC for 15 yards. Slot, zone coverage, inside slant, ran through the CB Motley’s arm tackle attempt and then plowed through the S Haughton, kept on going, decent speed, broke two more tackle attempts by CB Norwood and LB Bolton, before out running CB Motley and LB Murray into the end zone for the score. That was a great effort play by Butler and all the OU defenders that failed to tackle him deserved to be called out by name. RWR, press man, Go route, nice back shoulder throw by the QB, nice twisting catch by Butler, able to spin away from the CB and out run the LB the final twenty yards for the 60 yard score. Slot, zone coverage, deep corner route, nice grab on the sideline for 40 yards. Only able to get one foot in, so he would need to drag the other foot for that to count in the NFL. LWR, press man, Go route, pass a little long and incomplete. That last play was very interesting to me, Butler does not have a second gear, and he seems unwilling to lay out for the ball. All pretty normal with big WRs, but need to verify. Curious to see if he catches over the shoulder balls on the next tapes, he looked a little off on that one. Overall though, good tape. Reminds me a lot of Brandon Marshall with how difficult he is to get to the ground. Initial thoughts are that he’s limited in terms of route running and quickness, hands look pretty good, speed looks average to above average, and he’s best when facing the QB and high pointing a jump ball.

Texas (2018); Playing outside WR, occasionally will line up inside. LWR, press bail, stop route, 10 yard gain on 34d and 5. If Texas is going to be that scared of him deep, this is going to be a long game of dink and dunk. RWR, zone coverage, Go route up sideline, had several steps on the CB Boyd with no safety help deep, should have been a long TD, but QB sucks. Ball underthrown and wide out of bounds, Butler able to stop, adjust, spin and make the catch but couldn’t get his feet in bounds. It was possible to drag both toes as he made the catch, but that’s not something he’s good at. Same issue in the Oklahoma game. Just something he can work on in the NFL. LWR, press man, Go route, back shoulder throw and this time he was able to tap both feet at the sideline. That was a nice play and exactly what you want to see from your WR on sideline throws. WR screen outside, minimal gain. Solid blocker, not great, he doesn’t really do much more than just shove people. Probably some room for refinement there. Nice diving attempt at a ball thrown well out of bounds, he’s not making all of these catches, but he’s answering some questions on what he can athletically in his attempts. LWR, zone coverage, Go route, seemed like the CB cut off his route and was too physical down the field, ball fell incomplete, no flag somehow. Really nice drive block on off tackle run. LWR, zone coverage, inside slant which he ran all the way across the field before QB threw it, got gang tackled at the end of the 15 yard gain. RWR, press man, Go route, had a step on the CB and able to turn and high point the ball in stride for a 50 yard gain. RWR, off man, come back route, Butler dropped the easy completion. LWR, press man, Go route, Butler really struggled to get off the jam and never really could get into the route, ball almost picked off by the safety. LWR, press man, gave the CB an outside shimmy and then did a swim inside into a post route, was wide open for a big play, QB never saw it and threw to other side of field. That might have been Butler’s best route to date. RWR, zone coverage, intermediate slant, QB bounced the throw. Tape a little hit or miss. Butler definitely struggled with the jam the entire game, which is surprising considering his size and the physicality he runs with. No reason that can’t be cleaned up. Dove for a few balls in this game, so he’s willing to lay out to make catches. Continued to show well as a run blocker. Not catching any balls over his shoulder. Had the one play he could have, but chose to turn, jump, and high point it instead. After that one pass in the Oklahoma game, I’m curious if he can actually track balls over his shoulder or not. Anyway, showed a little more agility than I thought he had on a couple routes and some of the attempts at snagging errant balls along the sideline.

Washington State (2018): Playing outside WR. RWR, off man, intermediate out route which he rounded off, DB able to drift back and pick off throw from underneath, just a bad throw by QB. RWR, zone coverage, stop route, ball a little off the mark but still went through the hands of Butler for an incompletion. RWR, zone coverage, intermediate slant route, 30 yard gain. LWR, off man, kind of a lazy stop route, QB thought he would be running a dig, CB able jump inside and snag the pick six. That was on Butler, he could have done several things there, a lazy stop route where he didn’t bother to box out the CB is not the thing he should have settled on. LWR, zone coverage, intermediate slant route for 15 yards. RWR, zone coverage, crossing route for 20 yards. I’m not even sure WSU is playing pass defense, QB just flung that up and it floated down to Butler on the crosser, no DBs in sight. LWR, zone coverage, short out route, nice sharp route that time. After the catch, Butler was able to spin away from the CB and fly up the sideline for some YAC on the 20 yard gain. Slot, press man, club move on the CB to knock him to the side and get a clean release on a Go route up the seam for 30 yards. Best rep against the jam yet. Key block downfield on QB scramble that got him into the end zone for the TD. RWR, zone coverage, gave the DB an inside deke that he bit on hook, line, and sinker, Butler wide open at the sideline for 30 yard gain. Slot, zone coverage, deep crossing route, QB just flung up a 50/50 ball under pressure, Butler able to make a sensational one handed snag on the throw. One of the best catches I’ve seen so far of any WR. LWR, off man, fade in end zone, not quite able to make a one handed snag that time. LWR, off man, out route, really nice hands catch on a ball thrown behind him on the break for 5 yards. Would definitely say Butler has good hands overall, will miss some easy catches from time to time, but mostly very dependable. This was his most impressive tape, just made some excellent catches in this game, showed well against the jam, and made a lot of key conversions. Had a couple lazy routes, so he’ll take plays off at times, but overall pretty impressive player.

TLDR:
                      I think there is still a fair amount of developmental upside with him, my only concern is if he can catch over his shoulder or not. He seems like more of a post up and jump ball guy, which is fine, but it limits his home run potential. Still, a lot to like here, reminds me a little of Jaleel Scott from last draft mixed with Brandon Marshall. Scott was great at athletic jump balls with his big frame, and Marshall was a menace to try and tackle after the catch. Butler is both of those. Pretty impressive prospect.

Note/Explanation: Might be low on Butler, but feel ok about where I have him. I went multiple rounds too high on every tall, fast WR last draft. Jaleel Scott, Eqanimeous St. Brown, Allen Lazard. Thought all had a good tape. Scott went in the 4th, St. Brown in the 6th, and Lazard went Undrafted. My takeaway was that the NFL doesn't really value straight line, long legged, jump ball WRs with hit or miss hands. Lazard is the key here because he's the identical size from the identical school as Butler. He too was a good athlete with very similar measurables to Butler and the NFL did not see fit to draft him at all. I do not think Butler gets that treatment, I got romanced a little bit by the Wash. State game which was by far his best and probably not really representative of his play, but does show what he is capable of. The early 3rd round was as high as I was willing to draft him based on what happened with similar WRs last year. I had Scott in the 2nd Round last year. Lazard in the 4th. I wasn't even close.
                      I can understand Brown given the size, speed and ability combined with the terrible QB play. But really, Scott and Lazard were always projected to go low in the draft.
                      That was just a product of you liking a prospect too much and ignoring the warnings.

Butler isn't Lazard.

Comment

• Hey eddie mac -- it's 10:00 a.m. on a Thursday in Ireland. Getchyer pick in!

Click image for larger version  Name:	1388842358004-PrestoLogo-ND-fightingIrish.jpg?width=3200&height=1680&fit=crop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.3 KB ID:	2439876

Comment

• Selection has been made and we are very happy he was there. Ludo is now OTC

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                            Selection has been made and we are very happy he was there. Ludo is now OTC
                            Lawrence was the best player by far left on my board -- noice pick! Bill Parcell's Planet Theory....

Comment

• Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post

Lawrence was the best player by far left on my board -- noice pick! Bill Parcell's Planet Theory....
                              I actually had him just above Ford who Roh took right before me, so I knew I was getting one or the other. Usually at this spot I get left with crap but that's two years now good players have been there and I mean top 15 players, last year it was Alexander.

Comment

• Dexter Lawrence is on my wish list for the Broncos at 41 but I know he is very unlikely to be there. I actually think this will be his slot in real life 32 to NE. But if we can trade down a bit in rd 1, I wouldn't mind using that draft capital to move up for him. He is an instant starter at nose and Broncos will love his character

Comment

Working...
                                X